Dodge Durango Forum banner
1181 - 1200 of 1277 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
v1.3 List (I will update the list version for each entry I make when I found more things out.)

1. Songs start at the beginning now when tuning to Sirius channels.
2. Speeding MPH limit is still 3MPH and not adjustable. DUMB
3. Smoothed graphics
4. Audio playing Sirius and USB is a bit tighter which is good
5. Weather Map is still useless
6. Android Auto works fine
7. VR is still not as good as the 8.4 systems but is a hair better with this new firmware.
8. Performance pages were not fixed (low HP showing and wrong TQ showing)
9. I am hoping OTA updated will now happen.
10. Tom Tom map updates not available when they should be.
11. Favorite Song or Artist pop up is partially fixed. Normal font size with a slim title bar showing for the favorite song and the Sirius Logo. If you click OK you hear a chime and you go to the channel/song. For the favorite Artist there is a large pop up, font is corrected but no chime when you tap OK. The Chimes are missing or miss-timed. You should hear a chime as an alert to the pop up but that does not happen.
12. When entering the wifi passphrase, if you make a mistake, you can no longer tap inside the screen to bring up the keyboard. No matter what I did I could not get the keyboard to popup. To fix it, you have to reboot the unit.

That is all I have for now but I am sure as I use the unit I will run into other bugs that are hopefully fixed.
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: OurZoo

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
631 Posts
It definitely takes a good minute ‘ish

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
v1.4 List (I will update the list version for each entry I make when I found more things out.)

3. Smoothed graphics
7. VR is still not as good as the 8.4 systems but is a hair better with this new firmware.
11. Favorite Song or Artist pop up is partially fixed. Normal font size with a slim title bar showing for the favorite song and the Sirius Logo. If you click OK you hear a chime and you go to the channel/song. For the favorite Artist there is a large pop up, font is corrected but no chime when you tap OK. The Chimes are missing or miss-timed. You should hear a chime as an alert to the pop up but that does not happen.
12. When entering the wifi passphrase, if you make a mistake, you can no longer tap inside the screen to bring up the keyboard. No matter what I did I could not get the keyboard to popup. To fix it, you have to reboot the unit.

13. Profile switching is extremely slow.

That is all I have for now but I am sure as I use the unit I will run into other bugs that are hopefully fixed.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Theoretically after this update, OTA will work and we will be able to get fixes more frequently... one might even expect a similar schedule to the JGC's... but given the way things have gone so far, I'm not expecting much out of Dodge. Even after all this time they still have amazingly stupid design flaws and bugs in this build. A speed alarm which can't be set to anything other than 3 mph? Seriously.

·
Registered
483 Posts
OH I ALMOST FORGOT - Is anybody getting full screen popup ads to sign up with Siriux/XM??? I just got one the other day as a freakin' modal dialog. I had to hit the red X button to make it go away. It literally covered my entire screen including Android Auto showing Waze. This came from the Uconnect5 head unit OS, not Android Auto. Grrrrr.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
v1.5 List (I will update the list version for each entry I make when I found more things out.)

3. Smoothed graphics
13. Profile switching is slow. 37 seconds
14. Android Auto - Phone's text message notification sound no longer plays through the system but the ringtone plays on incoming calls
15. Uconnect text notification now works and it has a pop up and the system reads the contacts name or number that sent you the text.
16. Uconnect text notification popup issue. If you tap reply before the message is finished (verbal) the message stops and the pop up goes away. If you wait to listen to the whole message, the millisecond it is done playing, the pop up goes away leaving no way to reply.

I have downgraded the update to a D+. The reason is for the terrible QC on the programming along with breaking other features that used to work.

·
Registered
483 Posts
It clearly isn't the hardware. It's the programmers and testers. Honestly, I put it more on the testers... if there are any.

Reactions: Vice-White

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
It clearly isn't the hardware. It's the programmers and testers. Honestly, I put it more on the testers... if there are any.

I can tell you that the Human Factors expert from Carnegie Mellon University must have gotten his/her degree from a box of cracker jacks.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
This system is fucked.

Their QC is F'd without a doubt. BUT here are some good points of the update.

1. Sirius plays songs from the start when switching stations.. Thanks goodness because that feature is awesome and I had it for 5 years in my Ram. Sucked when it was broken in the Durango.
2. Profiles are now available and even with the 37 seconds it takes to switch them, it is still a great feature.
3. The Audio has really improved on the Alpine system. More definition in the mids, chimey highs and tight bass, no more bass drone or muddy bass.
4. OTA updates now possible

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hello everyone,

If anyone prefers to get a more immediate download and would like our teams assistance, please feel free to send us a private message! If you need additional support getting your USB properly downloaded to your vehicle once it arrives, we'd be happy to get that arranged for you.

If anyone is experience concerns that they'd like our teams to look into, do not hesitate to send us a message with your VIN and additional details so we can look into it for you.

Thanks,

Courtney
Dodge Cares
I'm not sure if it was coincidence but I emailed and later that day the over the air update randomly started, took delivery of this vehicle less than 15 days ago

original version FCA-MY21.R17.73
New version FCA-MY21.R17.99

So hopefully some of the other items get addressed coming from a 2014 R/T this system is 100% better even though it has some bugs. My biggest issue for the way I drive is that I load addresses in my calendar then as I'm getting ready to drive to them I would normally open waze then the calendar appointment would have the option to pick waze and off I go using waze . The other thing is I may do a return trip to a previous destination and look in the waze history select the destination and go. Android auto does not allow either of these to work and they were the most common items that I use . The solution is to go into the phone settings on connext turn off android auto temporarily,there is a selection for this turn waze on by the phone pick your destination then turn android auto back on and off I go fairly simple after done the first time.

There does seem to be a calendar feature in the connext app this may be the solution since it seems to be synchronized now with the phone

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm not sure if it was coincidence but I emailed and later that day the over the air update randomly started, took delivery of this vehicle less than 15 days ago

original version FCA-MY21.R17.73
New version FCA-MY21.R17.99

So hopefully some of the other items get addressed coming from a 2014 R/T this system is 100% better even though it has some bugs. My biggest issue for the way I drive is that I load addresses in my calendar then as I'm getting ready to drive to them I would normally open waze then the calendar appointment would have the option to pick waze and off I go using waze . The other thing is I may do a return trip to a previous destination and look in the waze history select the destination and go. Android auto does not allow either of these to work and they were the most common items that I use . The solution is to go into the phone settings on connext turn off android auto temporarily,there is a selection for this turn waze on by the phone pick your destination then turn android auto back on and off I go fairly simple after done the first time.

There does seem to be a calendar feature in the connext app this may be the solution since it seems to be synchronized now with the phone
I have the same version FCA-MY21.R17.73 hope i’ll receive an update to fix the Carplay issue!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think coincidence and you had later software. I also emailed the same day with a USB stick ready to go and haven’t heard back. Did you get a reply?

My current release is R14.9-PROD on a June delivery.
they are not releasing the update on usb/download. The specialized dealer needs to update it with a usb...yes that's right, you need to waste a day at the dealer for a 10 min job.

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT, 2017 Chrysler 300S 5.7
173 Posts
they are not releasing the update on usb/download. The specialized dealer needs to update it with a usb...yes that's right, you need to waste a day at the dealer for a 10 min job.
Courtney from Dodgecares posted that she would be able to help us get a copy of the file so we could do the update ourselves. And I emailed her the same day also and still havent heard back either.....

1181 - 1200 of 1277 Posts