Dodge Durango Forum banner

101 - 120 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Dodge durango rt tng
28 Posts
So putting profiles aside, as I’m not sure that is working or not but that pales in comparison to car play not working. What does the profile even do? So are you saying the software update to fix car play will be here in 2 weeks??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you have 2 drivers you can have 2 different settings...it would be a great feature if it worked

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey guys,
I wanted to share an issue I’ve experienced with Uconnect 5 in my ‘21 DDRT. On 2 occasions the Uconnect seems to disconnect itself from the car’s speakers. The only remedy for this (that I’ve found) is to initiate a Hard Reset of the system (steps to do this below).

The first time this occurred was when I got in the car and started it up, then realized I needed a jacket so went back inside and left the car running in the driveway (wife was in the passenger seat). My phone apparently had already paired to the Uconnect and I had it in my pocket, so when I went inside they unpaired and from then on the speakers didn’t work. Not with a.m. radio, not with f.m., not with Siris’s XM and not using the phone itself to connect to Amazon Auto.

The second time this occurred was while driving, I had an incoming phone call. I didn’t recognize the number and wrote the call off as spam, so I tapped the red “hang up” phone button on the Uconnect touch screen. At this point the phone disconnected from the Uconnect and answered the call; I could hear the automated voice on the other end of the line speaking through the phone speakers in my pocket, but at that point the car speakers were again offline and wouldn’t work with any audio mode.

In order to fix this, I Googled the following steps I found on a Ram Forum. Note I only needed to perform step 1 to get my speakers to reconnect (or whatever) to the Uconnect 5, and I stopped there, but I’ll include all steps in case anyone needs them:

1.) Put your vehicle into the accessories mode (ACC or RUN). For keyless start (push-button) vehicles: push the start button twice without having your foot on the gas or brake pedal.
2.) Hold down the phone and voice recognition buttons (or the volume and tuner buttons on your radio), at the same time for 30 seconds.
3.) Let go of the buttons.
4.) Turn vehicle off.
5.) Open driver’s side door for 30 seconds.
6.) Close door.
7.) Restart vehicle.
8.) Let the media center load up and see if the concern is still present.
“If this does work I would recommend visiting your dealership for further diagnosis.”

I’ve had a couple of other “glitches” occur where I put the media mode on SiriusXM, and it’ll play whatever station was selected, then the screen jumps to FM radio but continues to play SiriusXM. Problem is when I try to go back to the Sirius XM page, it stays there for 2 or 3 seconds then goes back to FM. If I turn the car off and back on again it works fine.

I’ve also seen a thing where it’ll turn the sound off on my phone’s Bluetooth, for example I run an Amazon Auto box through my phone to the Uconnect. On numerous occasions the Uconnect doesn’t put the phone’s Bluetooth Audio through the speakers. I have to go to the Phone page, then System Setup, then tap the musical notes button off, then on again and that usually fixes the issue.

I’ve been in touch with Alison at DodgeCares but haven’t brought my car into the dealership yet. Yet...

Hope this helps somebody out at some point.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey guys,
I wanted to share an issue I’ve experienced with Uconnect 5 in my ‘21 DDRT. On 2 occasions the Uconnect seems to disconnect itself from the car’s speakers. The only remedy for this (that I’ve found) is to initiate a Hard Reset of the system (steps to do this below).

The first time this occurred was when I got in the car and started it up, then realized I needed a jacket so went back inside and left the car running in the driveway (wife was in the passenger seat). My phone apparently had already paired to the Uconnect and I had it in my pocket, so when I went inside they unpaired and from then on the speakers didn’t work. Not with a.m. radio, not with f.m., not with Siris’s XM and not using the phone itself to connect to Amazon Auto.

The second time this occurred was while driving, I had an incoming phone call. I didn’t recognize the number and wrote the call off as spam, so I tapped the red “hang up” phone button on the Uconnect touch screen. At this point the phone disconnected from the Uconnect and answered the call; I could hear the automated voice on the other end of the line speaking through the phone speakers in my pocket, but at that point the car speakers were again offline and wouldn’t work with any audio mode.

In order to fix this, I Googled the following steps I found on a Ram Forum. Note I only needed to perform step 1 to get my speakers to reconnect (or whatever) to the Uconnect 5, and I stopped there, but I’ll include all steps in case anyone needs them:

1.) Put your vehicle into the accessories mode (ACC or RUN). For keyless start (push-button) vehicles: push the start button twice without having your foot on the gas or brake pedal.
2.) Hold down the phone and voice recognition buttons (or the volume and tuner buttons on your radio), at the same time for 30 seconds.
3.) Let go of the buttons.
4.) Turn vehicle off.
5.) Open driver’s side door for 30 seconds.
6.) Close door.
7.) Restart vehicle.
8.) Let the media center load up and see if the concern is still present.
“If this does work I would recommend visiting your dealership for further diagnosis.”

I’ve had a couple of other “glitches” occur where I put the media mode on SiriusXM, and it’ll play whatever station was selected, then the screen jumps to FM radio but continues to play SiriusXM. Problem is when I try to go back to the Sirius XM page, it stays there for 2 or 3 seconds then goes back to FM. If I turn the car off and back on again it works fine.

I’ve also seen a thing where it’ll turn the sound off on my phone’s Bluetooth, for example I run an Amazon Auto box through my phone to the Uconnect. On numerous occasions the Uconnect doesn’t put the phone’s Bluetooth Audio through the speakers. I have to go to the Phone page, then System Setup, then tap the musical notes button off, then on again and that usually fixes the issue.

I’ve been in touch with Alison at DodgeCares but haven’t brought my car into the dealership yet. Yet...

Hope this helps somebody out at some point.
The only info I can give because I never experience that yet but stay off android auto or car play...you still can listen to music and use Bluetooth...there needs to be a upgrade they just don't know when yet...

·
Registered
139 Posts
The only info I can give because I never experience that yet but stay off android auto or car play...you still can listen to music and use Bluetooth...there needs to be a upgrade they just don't know when yet...
Can you still make/take phone calls and text without Android Auto or Apple CarPlay? That’s why I pair them, so I can answer my phone hands free.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Can you still make/take phone calls and text without Android Auto or Apple CarPlay? That’s why I pair them, so I can answer my phone hands free.
While you're in the trial period for full UConnect (or paying for it after the trial period) you can have the UConnect system tray incoming texts and reply to them with your voice. Making and taking phone calls is always available through UConnect5 without having to pay for the subscription.

Sent from my S20 Ultra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Where you are at this screen just hit the phone and music icon then it will stay connected to Bluetooth but just exit you out of android auto

Attachments

·
Registered
515 Posts
To answer your question, yes. Because that’s where I’m at today. It will not connect to car play anymore, neither wired or wireless, but I was at least able to then pair it to Bluetooth and phone works fine hands free. However, it was nice having Apple Maps and hands free text through car play, both of which I didn’t think they were a big deal until I lost them. I already detailed above the issues with the built in nav compared to car play maps, it’s just so much quicker and easier to put an address in on google or Apple Maps or Waze , compared to factory nav. The text feature is huge and allows texting hands free. I don’t understand why it worked for a month and went away and why they don’t have a date that it’ll be fixed.

Reactions: mhkpilot

·
Registered
139 Posts
To answer your question, yes. Because that’s where I’m at today. It will not connect to car play anymore, neither wired or wireless, but I was at least able to then pair it to Bluetooth and phone works fine hands free. However, it was nice having Apple Maps and hands free text through car play, both of which I didn’t think they were a big deal until I lost them. I already detailed above the issues with the built in nav compared to car play maps, it’s just so much quicker and easier to put an address in on google or Apple Maps or Waze , compared to factory nav. The text feature is huge and allows texting hands free. I don’t understand why it worked for a month and went away and why they don’t have a date that it’ll be fixed.

Yeah, it’s weird. I actually didn’t know you had to pay for a subscription to use the uconnect for texts. I thought it was just part of the system. I knew SiriusXM was a trial subscription. I guess ai should read all the paperwork...😂

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yeah, it’s weird. I actually didn’t know you had to pay for a subscription to use the uconnect for texts. I thought it was just part of the system. I knew SiriusXM was a trial subscription. I guess ai should read all the paperwork...
You don’t need it, car play reads and composes texts hands free. There is no subscription needed for that just an iPhone and car play to actually work lol

And yes, you get one year free of both Sirius Xm radio and the remote services, used to be Uconnect now called whatever.... sirius xm gaurdian. It’s actually quite helpful as you can see vehicle health, fuel and oil life, mileage, current tire pressure and remote start lock and unlock.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You don’t need it, car play reads and composes texts hands free. There is no subscription needed for that just an iPhone and car play to actually work lol

And yes, you get one year free of both Sirius Xm radio and the remote services, used to be Uconnect now called whatever.... sirius xm gaurdian. It’s actually quite helpful as you can see vehicle health, fuel and oil life, mileage, current tire pressure and remote start lock and unlock.

Is it one year? Thought it was only 6 months. From my window sticker...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
77 Posts

Update.
First, my CarPlay has some change/update in its functionality. Either somehow that I didn't know it could do via the phone (which is entirely possible, as I think my iPhoneX updated in the last couple of days) or by an update to UConnect. Now it gives me a split screen when for example on spotify, the top is recently played, and the bottom is suggested items to listen to. Then, as was not previously available except for in the "my library" section I can now select a shuffle option at the top of an album, or I can select the actual song I want from that album. Previously, if I selected an album or playlist from outside of "my library" it starts with the first track, no option to select different. So either this is a result of a CarPlay update on the phone, or a UConnect update (which I doubt but am not sure).
Second, since I had taken my D to the dealer for the UConnect issue, very rarely has my CarPLay not quickly paired with the UConnect. I think one or two times of note did it take longer than 30 seconds to pair in the past 2-3 weeks. While I do every so often experience what I simply refer to as "Bluetooth stutter", the music is playing as seen by the track time progressing, but for 2-5 seconds the music can't be heard. I have an old '99 van with a Bluetooth cassette adapter that will do similar things when music starts (like a buffering issue), so I assume this is a similar experience.
I have set my seat memory #1 up to work, but have not paired with my FOB yet.

Best functionality this weekend?--UConnect app remote start. This weekend in the Denver metro it has been single digits for high temperatures, negative double digits for lows. Last night, I did a request to start about 5 minutes before I left work, and it was nice and cozy inside. Super impressed with just how warm the steering wheel gets.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just saw a commercial for a Hyundai with multiple profiles in the entertainment system. Haha, suckers!!!! Everybody knows there is no such thing!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I just confirmed, the guardian services trial is 1 year, xm radio is 6 months. Weird they both used to be a year.

The remote services are great I agree. Especially while free. After that it’s quite expensive I think about 220$ a year. Gets questionable then.

For me it’s great as I can now see my sons vitals from my phone, gas level oil life mileage and tire pressure.

Getting back on track though, I’m really not happy about not having car play in my 21 dd while my sons dd car play works fine and my 19 challenger worked fine too lol.

I really hope there is a software update soon

·
Registered
515 Posts
Really getting annoyed without car play here and no firm time frame for the fix.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I got an email questionnaire about how I liked my new Durango. Told the truth about how frustrating UConnect 5 issues are. You can only do what you can do.

·
Registered
2021 Durango GTplus AWD
56 Posts
So wait. Remote unlock/start will only work with a subscription? I understand we get a year free, but after that I need to pay for those features? If so, that's ridiculous. It was free on my Ford.

·
Registered
515 Posts
So wait. Remote unlock/start will only work with a subscription? I understand we get a year free, but after that I need to pay for those features? If so, that's ridiculous. It was free on my Ford.
That’s correct if you mean from the phone/app. One year free then they want you to pay. Of course you still have remote start from the key fob. It does also have some other useful items like fuel level, oil life, tire pressure but not sure it’s worth 220$ a year

101 - 120 of 163 Posts