Dodge Durango Forum banner
1161 - 1180 of 1277 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
What software version are you running now? My profiles have worked from the getgo (Aug build) and I show no recalls or campaigns. Justwondering whether I have the latest version or not.
According to Dodge, this affected 25k Durangos built up until 12/30/2020 but that is wrong since my was built on 1/7/2021. August/Late July seems to be when they updated the software at the factory.

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
631 Posts
I should be good then I suppose.

·
Registered
483 Posts
According to Dodge, this affected 25k Durangos built up until 12/30/2020 but that is wrong since my was built on 1/7/2021. August/Late July seems to be when they updated the software at the factory.
Mine was built in Feb 2021 and not delivered until April. The Mopar portal shows the Y25 campaign for me as well. This definitely goes well into 2021 builds.

Reactions: Vice-White

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,164 ·
If you log on Mopar's web site to see the current recalls, you will see that there is a campain celled Y25, 2021 RU WD HARMAN RADIO - RADIO SOFTWARE UPDATE (started 2021-10-28). I'm heading to the dealer next week for that.
Well... I got mine updated yesterday. Initially I was worried because it took forever to load a profile! But I noticed that the dealer didnt do a factory reset. I did the factory reset and things seem to be quicker now switching between profiles. We will see how it goes as I can play around with it more. One thing I did notice is that there are several subtle appearance changes.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
v1.2 List (I will update the list version for each entry I make when I found more things out.)

1. Songs start at the beginning now when tuning to Sirius channels.
2. Speeding MPH limit is still 3MPH and not adjustable. DUMB
3. Smoothed graphics
4. Audio playing Sirius and USB is a bit tighter which is good
5. Weather Map is still useless
6. Android Auto works fine
7. VR is still not as good as the 8.4 systems but is a hair better with this new firmware.
8. Performance pages were not fixed (low HP showing and wrong TQ showing)
9. I am hoping OTA updated will now happen.
10. Tom Tom map updates not available when they should be.
11. Favorite Song or Artist pop up is partially fixed. Normal font size with a slim title bar showing for the favorite song and the Sirius Logo. If you click OK you hear a chime and you go to the channel/song. For the favorite Artist there is a large pop up, font is corrected but no chime when you tap OK. The Chimes are issing or mistimed. You should hear a chime as an alert to the pop up but that does not happen.

That is all I have for now but I am sure as I use the unit I will run into other bugs that are hopefully fixed.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
So far, I rate the upgrade a C-. Simple things like pop box sizes, missing chimes and TOM TOM maps cannot be updated because it cannot connect to the server. This may be due to it needing to connect to wifi which I have not setup yet. Also, Song/artist favorite pop up while on the bluetooth or android auto phone call is again part of why Dodge rates a C-! There is nothing else I will be able to find that would move me to increase the C- to anything better.
Piss poor shit show this Uconnect system is. Ralph Giles bragging about this system is a joke!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hello everyone,
SALEEN032@DodgeCares ...Can you confirm whether or not the Campaign notification that will be sent out to all us owners will include a USB stick like it says? Or will we definitely have to go to the dealer, making us waste about half a day.....
We're sorry to hear about the various concerns that some of you have been experiencing recently but we appreciate you taking the time to tag our @DodgeCares team and bring this to our attention. In regard to the Customer Satisfaction Notification (CSN) Y25, this software update was very recently released. Although many of your dealers may already have access to the update, it may take some time to reach all of your residences since it has to be processed through the proper mailing systems.

If anyone prefers to get a more immediate download and would like our teams assistance, please feel free to send us a private message! If you need additional support getting your USB properly downloaded to your vehicle once it arrives, we'd be happy to get that arranged for you.

If anyone is experience concerns that they'd like our teams to look into, do not hesitate to send us a message with your VIN and additional details so we can look into it for you.

Thanks,

Courtney
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello everyone,

We're sorry to hear about the various concerns that some of you have been experiencing recently but we appreciate you taking the time to tag our @DodgeCares team and bring this to our attention. In regard to the Customer Satisfaction Notification (CSN) Y25, this software update was very recently released. Although many of your dealers may already have access to the update, it may take some time to reach all of your residences since it has to be processed through the proper mailing systems.

If anyone prefers to get a more immediate download and would like our teams assistance, please feel free to send us a private message! If you need additional support getting your USB properly downloaded to your vehicle once it arrives, we'd be happy to get that arranged for you.

If anyone is experience concerns that they'd like our teams to look into, do not hesitate to send us a message with your VIN and additional details so we can look into it for you.

Thanks,

Courtney
Dodge Cares
Thank you, Courtney, for circling back to this thread to bring us the good news, not to mention the offer for a way to get the update even more quickly!

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Hello everyone,

Thanks,

Courtney
Dodge Cares

Thank you and great to know you can get us software download if needed.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
I don't want anyone to think I am rating the system a C-, I am rating the firmware update a C-. For the system itself with the firmware update I give the unit a firm "B"
The tweak to the audio system has made it much more enjoyable. The results to my ears is tight bass (got rid of the weird boomy mushy bass) and clean highs no longer muddle in with the mids.

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
631 Posts
I didn’t think i was eligible for anything, seeing as I was a late August build. However, I got pushed a new update as I was pulling in my driveway tonight. No idea on what’s different yet. SXM didn’t work right away. I had to do a reset to get it to lol.
Communication Device Gadget Font Screenshot Multimedia

Gadget Rectangle Font Screenshot Electronic device

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT, 2017 Chrysler 300S 5.7
173 Posts
I didn’t think i was eligible for anything, seeing as I was a late August build. However, I got pushed a new update as I was pulling in my driveway tonight. No idea on what’s different yet. SXM didn’t work right away. I had to do a reset to get it to lol. View attachment 118327
View attachment 118326
That is the update all us earlier build guys need to have done. Our existing software version cannot do the OTA updates...

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
631 Posts
That is the update all us earlier build guys need to have done. Our existing software version cannot do the OTA updates...
That’s so lame. It took maybe 5 minutes to do the update.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts

No the update we need (I did) to have done is 17.89 and his is 17.99 which is newer. So now the race to who with on older 21 Durango will get the 1st OTA update. LOL
I need to add wifi quick.

·
Registered
173 Posts
No the update we need (I did) to have done is 17.89 and his is 17.99 which is newer. So now the race to who with on older 21 Durango will get the 1st OTA update. LOL
I need to add wifi quick.
I missed that. I thought we were getting the most up-to-date software. Cant understand why they wouldn't load the newest software available, but then again, we are talking about Dodge....

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was thinking about the campaign number also. The latest are at around Y79(got this for my Grand Cherokee L the other day). I went looking around the interweb and found out that Y-24 was issues on May 11, 2021, and Y-26 was issued on Jun2 2,2021. So this means that they have had this ready to list since late May..... Wonder what the hold-up was?????

1161 - 1180 of 1277 Posts