Dodge Durango Forum banner
961 - 980 of 1008 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah, and why do I get forward facing proximity alerts when I've shifted in reverse. Annoying.

Another short fall with the system.

There is no sensitivity setting for Park sensors, just volume control. In my wife's 2021 Grand Cherokee I found that UC system has 3 sensitivity settings for the park sensors.
When I was testing the sensitivity it seems the Durangos are equivalent to the Jeep highest sensitivity settings. Makes sense since my mail box triggers it when backing out of my driveway. LOL

If Dodge can't fix firmware on a uconnect system what the hell is going to happen when the 1st full electric mopar shows up in 2024? What a disaster that could be. :eek:

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Now I am getting screen pop ups saying to contact Sirius as my subscription needs to be renewed. Problem is, that is inaccurate so I called Sirius like the pop up said.
Guess what, my account has 11 months left and Sirius said it is a problem with Dodge and the new system (her words). That blew my mind when she said that as it shows others have called in and it is known in their system.

·
Premium Member
2021 Durango SRT Hellcat (White Knuckle w/ Blk Demonic Red Interior
48 Posts
Now I am getting screen pop ups saying to contact Sirius as my subscription needs to be renewed. Problem is, that is inaccurate so I called Sirius like the pop up said.
Guess what, my account has 11 months left and Sirius said it is a problem with Dodge and the new system (her words). That blew my mind when she said that as it shows others have called in and it is known in their system.
Mine did the same thing today for the first time.

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
317 Posts
After all this time, I still can't believe that stellantis did not even push a tentative update even if they know that update won't fix all the bug. I mean an update that fixes 50% of the bug is still better than no update IMO.

·
Registered
11 Posts
After all this time, I still can't believe that stellantis did not even push a tentative update even if they know that update won't fix all the bug. I mean an update that fixes 50% of the bug is still better than no update IMO.
Rumor has it, they are trying to figure out a way to update the 2021 radios. The 22's are slightly different. The last option is if they cant update the 21's, a radio swap will need to be done.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
I got the wonderful pop up today for sirius
Hopefully it is temporary as mine lasted for a day then no more pop ups.
Sad thing is, you CANNOT trust Uconnect or Sirius as both blame the other.
We have been fed fake news from Uconnect 3 times so far, let's see what the next news cycle brings.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #971 ·
Rumor has it, they are trying to figure out a way to update the 2021 radios. The 22's are slightly different. The last option is if they cant update the 21's, a radio swap will need to be done.
Where did this "rumor" come from?

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
557 Posts
I got it over the weekend. I did not get it today as of yet.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Where did this "rumor" come from?
We will be getting new radios this December, so I heard~ :ROFLMAO:

I posted a while back that there was a chance it is a hardware issue but I never pursued it since what runs on the 10.1'" could be run on and Android based phone 7 years ago.
The only thing I can think of there is defective or not enough NVRAM.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Well that December guy could actually be right. Wtf is happening with this update?
If December is the month then that guy was either a super insider in Uconnect or a blowhard trolling.
Because we will never know if he/she is an insider I will go with a blowhard troller!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Update from DodgeCares as of today. Still seems on schedule for the end of the month.

Good afternoon,

I appreciate your honesty and completely respect your decision to wait for an update. As for the next software update, it will be version R17.73 (for the Durango), and is on track for a projected release date by the end of June 2021. This update will be released as a Customer Satisfaction Notice (CSN), and customers will receive a USB to do the update themselves.

Let me know if you have any other questions that I can look into for you!

Have a great day,

Dodge Cares
can we get an update on the release I called dodge support for Uconnect and as of now they still don't have an update or bug fix for uconnect

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome to the No Flies club!
Good afternoon,

Your frustration surrounding your concerns is valid and I'm sorry to learn that you haven't received the most consistent communication throughout this process. However, I am glad that you're entrusting our team and allowing us the opportunity to support you in any way that we can! I understand that a majority of the Uconnect concerns may be connected to software configuration. Since everyone has a specific vehicle model, with a unique software version, and everyone has taken various steps to get their concerns addressed-- it's important to our teams to make sure that we understand each situation, individually. We do not like to speculate on what may or may not be the cause/resolution to your concerns; since each situation is unique and should be treated as such.

If there are specific symptoms that you would like us to look into, we would be more than happy to do that! However, I don't want to provide you with a tentative release for a software update without knowing which symptoms you are referring to, specifically. For example, if you do not have the ability to add multiple user profiles, this software update is now projected to be released at the end of Q3 as software level R17.73 for the Durango model line. While our teams were originally informed that you'd be receiving this update as a firmware-over-the-air (FOTA) update, Uconnect will be now be issuing a Customer Satisfaction Notice (CSN). This means that customers will now be receiving a USB stick (containing software update level R 17.73) in the mail, which should allow you the ability to add up to 5 profiles.

I hope this provides you with some of the transparency and clarification you were hoping for! Please let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

If you ever need additional support while working with your dealer to get your concerns properly addressed, feel free to send our team a message! We can certainly leverage the resources we have available to us and assist alongside your visit. I hope your concerns remain resolved!

Hey @Shan4uk -- Are you still experiencing these behaviors with your Uconnect system randomly rebooting? As stated earlier, I'd be more than happy to look into your specific vehicle to see if there are any potential resolutions in place. Let us know if you have questions about anything!

Courtney
Dodge Cares
hi I have dd gt+ 21' I was wondering how I would be able to receive this USB stick with the update as I am having all the same problems and cannot add more profiles.

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
317 Posts
Uconnect team is scheduled to buy usb stick by the end of 1st quarter of 2022. They after on schedule to transfer data on the stick by the end of a quarter, but they can’t confirm which quarter and which year…

961 - 980 of 1008 Posts