Dodge Durango Forum banner
921 - 934 of 934 Posts

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
295 Posts
Positive spin: What the Jeeps got was only a partially-fixed version, they’re waiting until everything’s working right before releasing one for us.

I mean, it could happen…
I went snitching a little on the GCL forum, and the firmware they have is definetly not a fixer. Might be the reason why the DD update we are all waiting is being postponed. But it is probably helping us that the new Grand Cherokee L and Grand Wagoneer are both running UC5, so the heat on the engineer to get that fixed will only be bigger.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I went snitching a little on the GCL forum, and the firmware they have is definetly not a fixer. Might be the reason why the DD update we are all waiting is being postponed. But it is probably helping us that the new Grand Cherokee L and Grand Wagoneer are both running UC5, so the heat on the engineer to get that fixed will only be bigger.
Yeah, Im on the GCL Forum and see all the posts about the problems. I dont drive my wife's GCL enough to notice the problems

·
Registered
2021 Durango GT Plus AWD
3 Posts
So I've got the terrible andoird auto connection, streaming music wireless mostly sounds like a cd skipping if anyone remembers that sound. It often disconnects entirely for periods of time, all in all pretty terrible experience. Now I'm curious if anyone has experienced my newest annoyance. Upon startup my volume knob and toggle behind the wheel only controls the volume to the navigation. I have to use the drop down and use the on screen slider to adjust music volume as it automatically defaults back to navigation volume. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Omg yes, I am struggling frequently with the volume button! About every other startup, my driver door speaker doesn't work and at the same time, the volume knob only controls the nav volume and not the media. I have to do a quick reset to get things to work again. Dealer says it's one of the software bugs that is hopefully going to be fixed on the big update. It's incredibly frustrating to spend this much on a vehicle and not have the entertainment system work properly! Fingers crossed they can find a solution.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Omg yes, I am struggling frequently with the volume button! About every other startup, my driver door speaker doesn't work and at the same time, the volume knob only controls the nav volume and not the media. I have to do a quick reset to get things to work again. Dealer says it's one of the software bugs that is hopefully going to be fixed on the big update. It's incredibly frustrating to spend this much on a vehicle and not have the entertainment system work properly! Fingers crossed they can find a solution.
Quick solution to the volume knob controlling the wrong thing is to hit the VR button on the steering wheel and issue a simple voice command. Ask it what time it is. Or just say "cancel". I typically long press it to make sure I get the google assistance instead of the dodge assistant, but that fixes it for me every time.

·
Registered
2021 Durango GT Plus AWD
3 Posts
Quick solution to the volume knob controlling the wrong thing is to hit the VR button on the steering wheel and issue a simple voice command. Ask it what time it is. Or just say "cancel". I typically long press it to make sure I get the google assistance instead of the dodge assistant, but that fixes it for me every time.
Awesome, I will try that next time! Thanks so much for the tip!

·
Premium Member
2021 Durango SRT Hellcat (White Knuckle w/ Blk Demonic Red Interior
43 Posts
After about a month of ownership, I have seen my system reboot itself for no reason several times. Is this a special feature? :cry:

·
Registered
24 Posts
At first the only issue I had was the weather app wasn't working. Now I've seen a "stuck in reboot" and actually had it lock up and it sounded like an alarm going off, happened while playing an ipod. Also some issues getting Carplay to work have popped up occasionally. For what we pay for these vehicles there's no doubt they should work better, however....

Still not going to complain too much just yet (and waiting for the "December" update), my Harley radio absolutely sucked so bad I took it out and bought a Sony, and my 2009 Z06 $1800 Nav system was a gigantic POS made by a 2nd grade kid. The 10.1 in my Durango is still way better than both of those.

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
295 Posts
My uconnect crash/bug and restart a lot more than it used ot be. I am about to do a fresh hard reset to see if that help.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Just got mine back from the dealer for all the issues with the entertainment system and a knock in the passenger side. Was a little concerned my service guy thought I had installed an aftermarket in dash because apparently he hasn't seen a 2021. So a few days later he gets back to me with the same old, there is currently no fixing it. The tech suggested it be replaced but there are not currently replacements as he says it's too new and obviously no updates currently available. Pretty disappointing 😒

·
Registered
2021 Billet R/T TNG
498 Posts
Had mine for a week now. Yesterday it did not see my phone wirelessly and thus CarPlay was not an option. Connected just fine this morning. When I arrived at my destination this morning after I ended a route, it froze up and proceeded to reboot 2 separate times. It was just fine right now. Sigh. lol

·
Registered
606 Posts
ok so I took my son's durango back temporarily, day 1 yesterday Wireless CP worked great everytime. I was feeling good and thinking it's not so bad... then today happened... was getting in the car this morning and the phone was ringing while I was entering the vehicle.... sure enough, the "glitch" happened and it would not connect.

I thought, no big deal, I'll just use the usbc plug in and it will work fine. Nope. would not connect in either scenario. Then I thought, let me delete the device and reinstall. Nope. didn't work. then I shut the car, got out, locked it. rebooted iphone. got back in 30 minutes later and guess what... Nope. It will NOT connect through wireless or the wire. so now my 2021 after 2 days of use, worked only 50% of the time. This is ridiculous already. My scat pack (UC4) works every single time without fail no matter what. I don't understand this. I've had this durango since January and still it won't connect? come on already.

so my question if there is one, how do I get it back to working. I don't mind using the wire but I can't even get it to connect via wire. Is there any way to get it connected again?

I use this for work all day and I'm in and out of the vehicle and need the CP for phone, text, and apple maps... it's not a luxury, it's a necessity and its frustrating when I look at my old UC4 in the scat and it works like champ but the newer UC5 won't connect even with a wire? 9 months later?

·
Registered
606 Posts
found a fix.. at least temporarily.. well my son helped me find it anyhow... got to a screen that showed "reset", and selected "reset radio"... pressed it, the screen went blank for about a minute, came back on, loaded up, plugged in the iphone via usb c, and CP came on. let's see now what happens. I have a feeling the problems are more with the wireless CP as I asked him over the last 6 months how often this happened and he said never but that he plugs it in to the USBc wire every day so it can charge quickly while running CP... I'll be (somewhat) happy if it works everyday using the wire even though it's a pain as you can't sit the phone with the wire plugged in, on the charging pad so it doesn't really have a place to "sit"....

all of these issues would go away if the wireless CP would just work as it should LOL....

921 - 934 of 934 Posts