Dodge Durango Forum banner
901 - 920 of 934 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does Dodge send updates to the uconnect somehow? Because recently my wireless android auto has been working better. Not perfect, but I can actually use it more without yelling at it.

·
Registered
2021 R/T TnG White Knuckle + Blacktop
91 Posts
Got in ours on Friday, started it up, and no CarPlay button in the bottom row. A few minutes later, my wife’s phone connected, and CarPlay fired up.

Went into the device manager, and my phone was gone. Wife and son’s were there, but not mine. Nobody deleted it, it just disappeared. On the phone, I could still see the entry for it in Settings > General > CarPlay, so it’s just the UConnect side.

Re-added it, and it works again.

Ridiculous.
did you by chance reset your network settings on your phone? When I do it changes the name of my phone for some reason and then the Uconnect doesnt recognize it, go into general/about and check your device name

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Does Dodge send updates to the uconnect somehow? Because recently my wireless android auto has been working better. Not perfect, but I can actually use it more without yelling at it.
It's more like Google did some fixes with android auto. Android auto has been updated 4 times in < 2 months.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
@DodgeCares What is the reason of the delay for the Uconnect update? 1st quarter, then 2nd quarter now 3rd quarter which is coming to a close very soon.
Why does Dodge punish us by (supposedly) requiring the update be sent via US Postal Mail on a USB stick and not [in tandem] post it on Uconnect's website when it is ready? Do the C level executives truly understand what is happening and how much we pay for these Durangos? if you want a decent Durango it is going to cost you 50k+ which is fine in itself but not when QC is such a problem. I do not even want to go into the trouble I am having my my 58K Jeep grand Cherokee I bought in June.

All the following is based on personal experience either on my own or from friends
Tesla releases updates monthly! (says something [negative] about their programming. LOL )
Kia Telluride has gotten 3 updates for the 2021MY so far
Honda seems to work out of the box perfectly.
Mazda seems to work out of the box perfectly
GMC Acadia 2019 MY got 2 updates the same MY

I have been positive (mostly) and understanding (always) but for me, this has now hit the wall of ridiculousness. All we would like is transparency on the actual cause of the delay.

·
Premium Member
2021 Durango SRT Hellcat (White Knuckle w/ Blk Demonic Red Interior
43 Posts
So Far No Issues, but I only had the car for 2 weeks. Maybe most of the bugs gave been figured out from when OP initially posted.

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat
40 Posts
It's been a few months, around 1k miles, and so far UConnect 5 has been relatively solid. This was a summer '21 build, so it may have had some additional updates. It's not perfect, as there will be an occasional glitch with Android Auto or Apple Carplay that requires re-establishing a connection (mostly when wireless). But it's rare and minor. And on par with other recent 2020+ vehicles I've owned from Kia/Hyundai, GM, Audi, etc. Perhaps a few more years and they'll all figure out this "new" tech.

I did notice the XM weather app didn't load the last time I tried. But considering it's been pretty useless in every other vehicle, I didn't bother with it.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Ram announces Uconnect 5 for 2022 Rams. Big freaking deal! Uconnect 5 is broken on our Durangos and we have 27 days before the end of the 3rd quarter which is when (for the 3rd time) we were promised an update. @DodgeCares, do you have any updates on when the updated software is going to be released or do we need to sell our 2021's and buy 2022's?

·
Registered
606 Posts
I've been away for a while (enjoying my scat) but I may have to let me son take it for a while so I'll be back in the DD... are you all saying there has been no update this whole time lol?

I drove the DD the other day and plugged in my iphone to the usbc and car play seemed to work fine however I did not try the wireless CP and when we both were in the car a few weeks ago, it got very confused and neither would connect to CP, even with the usbc wire. so yea, looks like nothing has changed? when it works, it's great and fantastic but it should always work especially by now.

how do we check to see if we have the most up to date version/software? is there any reason to even check? if there have been no updates then we all have the most recent version? LOL

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
@Heat00 all 2021 Durangos with the UC5 10.1" need the update.

We could trade our DDs in for an uninspiring plain boxy looking Jeep GCL cause those vehicles have the newest firmware. Nah that is a dumb idea, no need ot trade in such a cool vehicle as the DD for a 2005 design of the Jeep GCL.

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
295 Posts
Things I just found out today about wireless Carplay. I use to not be able to turn OFF the wifi on my iPhone while connected as the WIFI button was greyed out while connected to my DD. Today it is still connected, but I am now able to turn ON or OFF the wifi by pressing on the screen button in the control center (swipe down menu on iPhone). Can someone also confirm this?

·
Registered
606 Posts
@Heat00 all 2021 Durangos with the UC5 10.1" need the update.

We could trade our DDs in for an uninspiring plain boxy looking Jeep GCL cause those vehicles have the newest firmware. Nah that is a dumb idea, no need ot trade in such a cool vehicle as the DD for a 2005 design of the Jeep GCL.
LOL... I hear ya... so what are you saying, that we all need an update but it's not out yet? How can the Jeep have the updated firmware but we cant update ours ? While I love the bigger, better screen of the UC5 vs my scat, I have to say all my scats UC4 have worked perfectly from day 1 the entire time. It's frustrating to say the least.

besides, even if one wanted to trade or get something else, now is not the time. there is suck low inventory right now everything is overpriced to say the least. I tried to give back the durango for another scat but they are basically non existent right now.... new or used, they are priced through the roof. I hope that changes one day to a normal market.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
LOL... I hear ya... so what are you saying, that we all need an update but it's not out yet? How can the Jeep have the updated firmware but we cant update ours ? While I love the bigger, better screen of the UC5 vs my scat, I have to say all my scats UC4 have worked perfectly from day 1 the entire time. It's frustrating to say the least.

besides, even if one wanted to trade or get something else, now is not the time. there is suck low inventory right now everything is overpriced to say the least. I tried to give back the durango for another scat but they are basically non existent right now.... new or used, they are priced through the roof. I hope that changes one day to a normal market.
Yep, the new Jeeps got the latest firmware and us Durango owners have been promised every quarter this year for an update.

901 - 920 of 934 Posts