Dodge Durango Forum banner
881 - 900 of 934 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Finally got the Nav Weather to work, kind of disappointed in it really. As someone suggested earlier I had the UConnect app open with traffic and boundaries on, not sure it made a difference or not as I didn't try without it open.

Up until now I've gotten a bunch of error messages when trying to bring up the Nav Weather, but this time you could see the weather map behind the error message. Yes my screen needs a cleaning.

So there is a "MAP" button in the upper right corner, clicked on it and Presto!

So why am I disappointed? Because that's it, you can't zoom or do anything else with it, it's non-functional as far as I can tell and you have to return to the Nav Map and the weather doesn't overlay while driving. Nice thought, poor application.

I still like the larger screen and the features over the 8.4 screen, and I'll just put the weather app on my phone on when I need to watch it, but it would be nice to have it overlaid on the Nav screen.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
@FLDurango21 the error you are getting is because there is a satellite issue with Tom Tom.
I had this issue back in May and June but since has been working great.
In place of the error you should see the forecast from hourly to 10 days out.

At first I thought is was bad programming but it gradually improved which meant the satellite back end was improving.
Call Uconnect and complain about no weather reception.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The multiple profile in uconnect work, but seems to keep losing memory. They also have I think more telematic issue than our durango. But you are right @Vice-White , it is more related to carplay.
I can attest to the problem with the Grand Cherokee L updated firmware, my wife's keep losing my memory settings and I cant link 2 keyfobs at the same time...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you call Apple? iPhone 12s are crap with bluetooth and if bluetooth has issues so will Apple Car Play.

Did you call Uconnect for assistance?

Did you reboot your phone?

Did you try using a USB cable for Apple Car Play and if so, does it work? (I bet it will work fine)
I have never had issues with my phone or Bluetooth on this phone, have connected many different types of Bluetooth equipment with no issues. I have not called Uconnect, I will do that and try apple. I guess I just expected it to work.. I did reboot my phone, still not working every time. It is very hit or miss when it wants to work. One day I get in it just connects other days it does not. Just very frustrating. As for the the USB Cable, yeah that works, stupid that is what I have to do, since it is suppose to connect via bluetooth...that is kind of the point right. You just want it to work like it is suppose to so you don't need cables ..right?! Thanks for pointing me to Uconnect and Apple. I will try that route...What a PITA!

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
295 Posts
I have never had issues with my phone or Bluetooth on this phone, have connected many different types of Bluetooth equipment with no issues. I have not called Uconnect, I will do that and try apple. I guess I just expected it to work.. I did reboot my phone, still not working every time. It is very hit or miss when it wants to work. One day I get in it just connects other days it does not. Just very frustrating. As for the the USB Cable, yeah that works, stupid that is what I have to do, since it is suppose to connect via bluetooth...that is kind of the point right. You just want it to work like it is suppose to so you don't need cables ..right?! Thanks for pointing me to Uconnect and Apple. I will try that route...What a PITA!
Do you live in a crowded place? When there's a lot of people or radio frequency, the wireless carplay is erratic. I found out myself while traveling. I also found out that if you have connected your Durango to your home WIFI, if the signal is strong enough, it might connect to the home wifi before the carplay wireless, which use the WIFI RFM module. So the boot sequence must be faster to connect to the home WIFI than the Wireless Carplay/AA connection since they both share that same RFM module. Again, I might be way out, but in my case when I disconnect my Durango from my home WIFI to do some boot behavior testing, my Carplay went flawless.

·
Registered
107 Posts
One of the creators of the Jeep WL Forums made a post about a big breaking news coming tomorrow about the Uconnect system. Hopefully it will be a software update.... He seems to be a good reliable source...but........

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
One of the creators of the Jeep WL Forums made a post about a big breaking news coming tomorrow about the Uconnect system. Hopefully it will be a software update.... He seems to be a good reliable source...but........
I hope so but not holding my breath. That guy seems to be just an advertisement for FCA/Stellantis.
Dodge Cares has no idea, Mopar has no idea, Uconnect support has no idea yet this guy knows?
FYI: All the people I have spoken to over the phone at Uconnect sound like young college kids where everything they say includes a giggle. Pretty annoying.

·
Registered
75 Posts
New weirdness.

I turned on the camera when not in reverse. Turned it off again.

Now, after switching back from reverse to drive, it takes a REALLY long time to turn off. As in, you’re driving forward for a bit before it finally does.

What a mess this thing is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
New weirdness.

I turned on the camera when not in reverse. Turned it off again.

Now, after switching back from reverse to drive, it takes a REALLY long time to turn off. As in, you’re driving forward for a bit before it finally does.

What a mess this thing is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Is the Camera Delay enabled?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I hope so but not holding my breath. That guy seems to be just an advertisement for FCA/Stellantis.
Dodge Cares has no idea, Mopar has no idea, Uconnect support has no idea yet this guy knows?
FYI: All the people I have spoken to over the phone at Uconnect sound like young college kids where everything they say includes a giggle. Pretty annoying.
Well , the "big breaking news" was that the New 2 row Grand Cherokee can be ordered with a passenger side 10.25" touchscreen.......what a let down....

·
Registered
295 Posts
Some of those might be old or seen already, but see attached some starcase info.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
New Bug: When activating the weather map, the map sometimes goes into 3D mode and acts like the navigation map. I have to exit the weather then if I go back in the map is normal.
This has happened a few times this past month.

New Bug: When using Android Auto but using SiriusXM and a call or text comes in, you answer it and the screen goes to the AA screen. When you hang up or finish and send your text message, AA does not revert back to the original (in this case Sirius XM) screen. It should do that just like the bluetooth system works.

New Bug: When tuned to a SIriusXM station playing a show, the Start Show Over button sometimes flickers and goes away. It is not the screen because the normal screen image background is there in it's place. If you tune away to the channel then back, the Start Show Over button appears and stays. This happens once or so every week. (that I notice)

·
Registered
295 Posts
@Vice-White I have the same issue with the weather map. I also have a bug sometimes when i pick my phone in my hand while driving ( I know, I know..) and listening to local radio FM station, that sound is cut from the either dash speaker or tweeter. As soon as I press the lock screen on my phone, the sound goes back to all speaker. Not a big issue, but still interesting how many little flaws/behiavior the uconnect5 is accumulating. Really starting to think that the uconnect 5 team do not care at all to have a stable system for their customers.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
@Vice-White I have the same issue with the weather map. I also have a bug sometimes when i pick my phone in my hand while driving ( I know, I know..) and listening to local radio FM station, that sound is cut from the either dash speaker or tweeter. As soon as I press the lock screen on my phone, the sound goes back to all speaker. Not a big issue, but still interesting how many little flaws/behiavior the uconnect5 is accumulating. Really starting to think that the uconnect 5 team do not care at all to have a stable system for their customers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My drive modes keep resetting to default. I have set my "custom" drive mode to track transmission, sport stability, track steering and so on, I get in the car go to my custom setting (double tapping srt button) to find that it has been reset to default.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
new bug: Android Auto audio bug

Android Auto enabled while on ANY Android auto screen text messaging works fine when replying and sending
Android Auto enabled but not on an Android Auto (example playing SiriusXM) when google stops talking, the SiriusXM music kicks back on for a half second. Same thing when google asks you to send it, the SiriusXM music kicks back in. This is annoying since you may need to respond to Google at least 3 or 4 times to read, reply and send a message.

881 - 900 of 934 Posts