Dodge Durango Forum banner

521 - 540 of 626 Posts

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Keeping the list of issue on top. See issue #17 which is new

All the issues that my Uconnect 5 10.1" has

Here is my list (not exhaustive) of the issues I have with the new system. Some are minor others are simply broken.

1. Weather and Traffic is very intermittent and fails 8 out of 10 times. The system tries to connect to the weather/traffic service and after about 60-90 seconds it fails with an error to Please try again later.

2. Voice recognition does not recognize normal speech very well. All it says is PARDON when it does not understand what you are saying which is 90 percent of the time. VR improvements are needed. I have no issues with my 8.4" Navigation VR in my 2015 Ram or 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

3. Android phones when rebooted, do NOT fully load until you log into your phone. If you happen to reboot your Android phone while in the vehicle, it will connect via bluetooth but not pass any data to the NAV system. Even if you log into your phone, the data is still not transferred to the NAV as it just says loading on the NAV screen. When you try to use the VR to make a call, the system says "phone is not ready. " The only way around this issue is to reset (reboot) the Uconnect system or disconnect bluetooth pairing then repair the phone.

4. When trying to play "stream only" SiriusXM channels you get an error on the Uconnect screen saying that you need an internet connection. One would think the system would either connect to the internet through the built in LTE but it does not.

5. Uconnect system does not recognize wma song file format.

6. Favorite Song/Artist Alert has 2 different types of pop ups. A rectangle (Screen length x 1.5" ) pop up or large 3/4 screen pop up. Why are two different pop ups and there is no rhyme or reason as to why one or the other pops up. The song/artist text in the pop up is not readable due to such a small font being used. Makes it dangerous driving because you simply cannot glance at it and read it due to the small size of the font. Also the pop up goes away TOO FAST to provide any ability to read it thoroughly even if the font was a larger size. I have attached images showing the two different sized pop ups with what I call the micro font. Song/Artist popups happen while playing songs from my USB or talking on the phone using the Uconnect system. This should not happen unless you are in radio (SiriusXM.AM or FM) mode.

7. When you tap Media, it should show your available media sources. But it shows random Media sources such as AM and USB3 (which I never use) but after a few minutes driving it will show Sirius, USB1, USB2, and FM. This renders the feature of hiding the media bar and only using the media button useless.

8. Randomly while playing MP3s via USB, the screen controls show a heart icon instead of the shuffle icon. The shuffle icon returns if the Uconnect is reset (reboot) but it has also returned after a new ignition/start cycle. There is nothing in the user documentation for the Uconnect 5 referring to a heart icon.

9. Surround Sound is not available for any media source except USB.

10. The Uconnect (25 percent of the time) randomly chooses a media source when vehicle starts no matter what source was active when the Durango was turned off.

11. The system states I am at the maximum for favorites even though I have unused favorite slots remaining. When I try an add a favorite I get the error message but the system DOES add the favorite. This started when I increased the amount of favorites from 12 to 18.

12. When a text message comes through, you have a choice to view it or listen to it. When you listen to it and it finished, the pop up to reply shows but no more than 2 seconds and it goes away. You do not have time to press the pop up button so you cannot reply.

13. You cannot add additional profiles.

14. When playing music via USB and shuffle is OFF the system only plays up to song 500. I just checked and I have a couple of thousand songs on my USB drive.
Why limit the amount of songs available to 500?

15. Strange Chime sound - Preceding a Song Alert I hear a notification beep then the song alert pop up shows. If I choose to listen to the song, it takes me to the channel and plays the song but I then hear what sounds like a 3 note chime. It is lower in volume then the music and I can't figure out why I hear it. It's almost like the program is calling a sound file when it should not be. I can reproduce this everything I get a Song Alert.

16. Navigation will not give voice prompts on all trips.
During my testing, 2 out of 10 times the Navigation did not give voice prompts. I had to cancel the current trip and re-add it. The voice came back and worked fine.

17. NEW -->Uconnect Health report has not updated in over 2 months even with driving the DDRT every day at least 30 miles a day.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #525 ·

Here is my list (not exhaustive) of the issues I have with the new system. Some are minor others are simply broken.

1. Weather and Traffic is very intermittent and fails 8 out of 10 times. The system tries to connect to the weather/traffic service and after about 60-90 seconds it fails with an error to Please try again later.

2. Voice recognition does not recognize normal speech very well. All it says is PARDON when it does not understand what you are saying which is 90 percent of the time. VR improvements are needed. I have no issues with my 8.4" Navigation VR in my 2015 Ram or 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

3. Android phones when rebooted, do NOT fully load until you log into your phone. If you happen to reboot your Android phone while in the vehicle, it will connect via bluetooth but not pass any data to the NAV system. Even if you log into your phone, the data is still not transferred to the NAV as it just says loading on the NAV screen. When you try to use the VR to make a call, the system says "phone is not ready. " The only way around this issue is to reset (reboot) the Uconnect system or disconnect bluetooth pairing then repair the phone.

4. When trying to play "stream only" SiriusXM channels you get an error on the Uconnect screen saying that you need an internet connection. One would think the system would either connect to the internet through the built in LTE but it does not.

6. Favorite Song/Artist Alert has 2 different types of pop ups. A rectangle (Screen length x 1.5" ) pop up or large 3/4 screen pop up. Why are two different pop ups and there is no rhyme or reason as to why one or the other pops up. The song/artist text in the pop up is not readable due to such a small font being used. Makes it dangerous driving because you simply cannot glance at it and read it due to the small size of the font. Also the pop up goes away TOO FAST to provide any ability to read it thoroughly even if the font was a larger size. I have attached images showing the two different sized pop ups with what I call the micro font. Song/Artist popups happen while playing songs from my USB or talking on the phone using the Uconnect system. This should not happen unless you are in radio (SiriusXM.AM or FM) mode.

7. When you tap Media, it should show your available media sources. But it shows random Media sources such as AM and USB3 (which I never use) but after a few minutes driving it will show Sirius, USB1, USB2, and FM. This renders the feature of hiding the media bar and only using the media button useless.

8. Randomly while playing MP3s via USB, the screen controls show a heart icon instead of the shuffle icon. The shuffle icon returns if the Uconnect is reset (reboot) but it has also returned after a new ignition/start cycle. There is nothing in the user documentation for the Uconnect 5 referring to a heart icon.

10. The Uconnect (25 percent of the time) randomly chooses a media source when vehicle starts no matter what source was active when the Durango was turned off.

11. The system states I am at the maximum for favorites even though I have unused favorite slots remaining. When I try an add a favorite I get the error message but the system DOES add the favorite. This started when I increased the amount of favorites from 12 to 18.

12. When a text message comes through, you have a choice to view it or listen to it. When you listen to it and it finished, the pop up to reply shows but no more than 2 seconds and it goes away. You do not have time to press the pop up button so you cannot reply.

14. When playing music via USB and shuffle is OFF the system only plays up to song 500. I just checked and I have a couple of thousand songs on my USB drive.

15. Strange Chime sound - Preceding a Song Alert I hear a notification beep then the song alert pop up shows. If I choose to listen to the song, it takes me to the channel and plays the song but I then hear what sounds like a 3 note chime. It is lower in volume then the music and I can't figure out why I hear it. It's almost like the program is calling a sound file when it should not be. I can reproduce this everything I get a Song Alert.

During my testing, 2 out of 10 times the Navigation did not give voice prompts. I had to cancel the current trip and re-add it. The voice came back and worked fine.

17. NEW -->Uconnect Health report has not updated in over 2 months even with driving the DDRT every day at least 30 miles a day.
@DodgeCares

·
Registered
184 Posts
Very strange issue I had this weekend... I was cruising on the highway, towing my camper, and I hit the off button for the air conditioning to listen for a rattle from my childs car seat. When I went to turn the air conditioning back on, the fan wouldn't turn on! NO AIR CONDITIONING! The back AC fan would run but nothing in the front. It freaked me out... I reset the Uconnect 5 and still nothing. I eventually pulled off the road, cycled off and on the car and the air conditioning started working again. I didn't try to replicate the issue. If someone here can try turning the fan completely off with the off button while driving, see if you can turn it back on by turning the fan knob up.
Good afternoon,

Have you had the opportunity to have your dealer look at this new concern for you? I'd like to work with you on getting this resolved. Feel free to either start a new private message or use our previous chat thread.

Thanks,

Courtney
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
33 Posts

2 More...

When using the navigation the approaching turn notification in the gauge cluster will not always clear out after the turn is made. Stuck at "Approaching turn in 0 feet".

Map orientation set to "3D" in the settings. Reverts back to "N" (north always up) after accepting a destination.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Not sure how to classify the following.
Is it an error, bug or tracking calls and sms texting

I got a text from a buddy and responded using the VR. The VR responded, You cannot send a message to a land line.

What the hell is that about? How would it know any number is a mobile or landline? Tinfoil hat is on!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #529 ·
Good afternoon,

Have you had the opportunity to have your dealer look at this new concern for you? I'd like to work with you on getting this resolved. Feel free to either start a new private message or use our previous chat thread.

Thanks,

Courtney
Dodge Cares
So far it has happened one time and I cannot replicate it. If it becomes a common occurrence, I will bring it to the dealer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So far it has happened one time and I cannot replicate it. If it becomes a common occurrence, I will bring it to the dealer.
Just curious...Has anyone had a dealer that actually helped with a uConnect glitch apart from a reset/reboot/replacement?

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
197 Posts
my unit like temperature tire pressure milleage etc reset again today. also my A/C is always on AUTO. linked to my profile memory seat and key foab. it’s gets to blower speed 2 randomly.

adding this to the pile.

Would love to have a straight answer from dodge care. not a corporate one saying an update is coming. we know it’s coming. but WHEN

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Is anyone's Vehcile status updating? Last for me was 4/8 nothing for May or June.
My Jeep with the 8.4 status is updating normally.

I am going to reboot the unit before leaving for work. I will then see if it updates but I doubt it.
This new Uconnect system is almost laughable but in 45,50,65,85k+ plus vehicles is is beyond disappointing.
Someone needs to do a Youtube video listing and showing all these issues. It's sickening seeing all the youtube influencer pukes brag about UC5 yet it is so broken.
False advertising by FCA.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Is anyone's Vehcile status updating? Last for me was 4/8 nothing for May or June.

I am going to reboot the unit before leaving for work. I will then see if it updates but I doubt it.
This new Uconnect system is almost laughable but in 45,50,65,85k+ plus vehicles is is beyond disappointing.
Someone needs to do a Youtube video listing and showing all these issues. It's sickening seeing all the youtube influencer pukes brag about UC5 yet it is so broken.
You may need to manually download the update. Call your dealer as they have access to the update. They would download it thru USB. I had the same issues with Ford Sync. Just traded it in for my DDRT.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Mine told me I was below 1/8 of a tank of gas last week.

·
Registered
2021 Durango R/T TnG F8 Green Blacktop
117 Posts
Just noticed a weird, mostly aesthetic error. Somebody doesn’t know how to use spell check apparently, as when I access the media page in the gauge cluster it reads “no flies” instead of “no files”.

·
Registered
197 Posts

What you mean by status updating (my english to french brain translate needs an update)

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
What you mean by status updating (my english to french brain translate needs an update)
If you log into Mopar.com you will see the status of your vehicle. The proper name is Vehicle Health Report. It shows various item checks such as engine, transmission, oil, tires etc. Just another cool feature uconnect blew up. Oh but Uconnect did tell me via the Uconnect mobile app I was 1/8 of a fuel tank.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Just noticed a weird, mostly aesthetic error. Somebody doesn’t know how to use spell check apparently, as when I access the media page in the gauge cluster it reads “no flies” instead of “no files”.
You need to post that image.

That is freaking pathetic.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you log into Mopar.com you will see the status of your vehicle. The proper name is Vehicle Health Report. It shows various item checks such as engine, transmission, oil, tires etc. Just another cool feature uconnect blew up. Oh but Uconnect did tell me via the Uconnect mobile app I was 1/8 of a fuel tank.
On the mopar owner portal, I still have 1km on the DD. This is junk :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked up a new 2021 Durango R/T about 10 days ago. It has been in the service bay at the dealer since the second day I took delivery of it. The new Uconnect 5 10.1" had multiple issues (not working) and they have supposedly done a hard reset on the system to fix it. My question is related to TomTom connected services on the navigation. Before I returned the Durango for service, I had no traffic information, fuel information (with prices) or weather. Are these services downloaded directly from TomTom to the vehicle navigation system? How do I know if these services are working on my vehicle after I pick it up from being serviced? Very frustrating!! I have never purchased a new vehicle with so many issues.
I spoke with Sirius and they said not them as this new system does not support Sirius Travel Link services.
Travel and Traffic Connected services are listed on my new car sticker so I am at a loss.
My Navigation works but not weather. The system tries to load it and I get an error saying Please try Later.
Almost like the service is down or I am not subscribed. I went to TomToms website and there is nothing about subscriptions for Cars so I think Uconnect is the controlling party.
I am not on the phone with them and yes, they have no idea so far.
I have the same problem on my 2021 DD GT

521 - 540 of 626 Posts