Dodge Durango Forum banner
401 - 420 of 2,778 Posts
strange behaviour just happened. was listening to FM station and all of a sudden a weird buzzing pop in the speaker. I turn it off and push the start button to RUN without the engine running, and the uconnect boot itself. After it boot(20 seconds) I heard a chime and check engine went on. So I pushed the start button to OFF and push back to RUN with engine running and check engine went away and radio stations was playing normally.

strange behaviour just happened. was listening to FM station and all of a sudden a weird buzzing pop in the speaker. I turn it off and push the start button to RUN without the engine running, and the uconnect boot itself. After it boot(20 seconds) I heard a chime and check engine went on. So I pushed the start button to OFF and push back to RUN with engine running and check engine went away and radio stations was playing normally.
Weird! :unsure:

@Vice-White does your DD is the same (check engine) when you have the push start on run? Maybe they all like that?
if you have the ignition on run but engine not started yes the check engine light should come on then go out or something close to that behaviour. Ill test in the DD later but my push start subaru exhibits the same

if you have the ignition on run but engine not started yes the check engine light should come on then go out or something close to that behaviour. Ill test in the DD later but my push start subaru exhibits the same
just tested in the durango check engine light stays on when in run but engine off.

Sigh,

spent a little time with the DD today, so the carplay audio skipping is getting worse, and today I actually watched it drop connection to my phone. reconnected and it worked great for about 3 minutes, audio starts dropping, connection dropped. I dont know whats going on but it seems to be getting worse. this is on two different iphones, one is a 12, the other a 12 pro, latest iOS 14.5.1. Have an old nexus kicking around somewhere, going to pair it tomorrow and test if android auto does the same.

Sorry for wanting all the features to work and work correctly. Today was a fun day. I enabled speeding alert. The differences between this 10.1" system and the 8.4" system:

10.1"
3 harsh beeps to warn you of speeding and if you do not have the NAV screen up, you have no idea what the 3 beeps are for as there is no dash warning or Uconnect warning (unless on Nav screen)(n)
8.4"
A pleasant voice reminds you of the speeding limit (y)

10.1"
Non adjustable speed settings. 4MPH over the limit (under 55MPH) and it beeps. 8MPH over the limit (55mph and up) and it beeps. Big brother decided to hard code the over the limit alert with 3 HARSH beeps.
8.4"
Speed alert is adjustable allowing you to be in control of when the system alert (pleasant voice) happens.

As you can imagine, I disabled the speed alert as it acts/sounds like a system from 15 years ago.

I think I have two (2) new bugs to report. So when I get in the Durango, my Android Auto connects, my phone starts up Waze, and starts playing Spotify. I actually find this part to be pretty reliable with the exception of the following:
  1. About once a week, the Uconnect5 volume controls get stuff on the navigation volume. In order to change the volume of Spotify playback, I'll have to twist the volume knob, and then pull down the arrow next to the volume readout in the upper right of the display. From there, I can change any of the playback volumes. But when this happens the red speaker indicator is stuck on the navigation row. Turning the Durango off and restarting will typically fix it. I have also used the device manager to briefly disconnect the android auto function for my phone, and then reconnect it a few seconds later. But that has exposed a second bug...
  2. When I disconnect my phone from Uconnect and then reconnect a little too quickly, the Uconnect will start telling me the connection failed and I need to restart my device. This happens once in a while when I park, and then decide to put the Durango in ACC mode, causing a quick disconnect/re-connect cycle. I've been able to reproduce it rather easily using the device manager to drop and reconnect my phone too quickly. It clearly does NOT require a phone reboot. It does, however, require a Uconnect5 reboot. Or at least a restart of the truck.

The Durango brochure was made in 2020 yet we still don't have profiles?
How does a manufacturer advertise a specific feature like profiles yet cannot deliver that feature?

Somebody tell me why this profile feature is so important. I see that they exist on mine, but I don't know why I would mess with it. Give me the scenario(s) where you would need it, or even just want it. I'll give it a try on mine.

Reactions: Vice-White
It's for when two different people drive the car and want the driver settings to be saved for each of them.

Reactions: Vice-White
Somebody tell me why this profile feature is so important. I see that they exist on mine, but I don't know why I would mess with it. Give me the scenario(s) where you would need it, or even just want it. I'll give it a try on mine.
You have the ability to add a profile? What version of firmware is your Uconnect running?
Post a picture of multiple profiles you make.

Thanks

My firmware is the same as everyone else's... I posted it in the thread asking to see who has what version. My point is I can't tell if they work or not. I'm happy to mess around with mine and report back. Tell me what you would expect to be able to do with a different profile and I'll see what I can (or can't) do.

My firmware is the same as everyone else's... I posted it in the thread asking to see who has what version. My point is I can't tell if they work or not. I'm happy to mess around with mine and report back. Tell me what you would expect to be able to do with a different profile and I'll see what I can (or can't) do.
Just simply make a second profile and show us. We can't even do that.

Discussion starter · #419 ·
It's for when two different people drive the car and want the driver settings to be saved for each of them.
Just tell us if you have the "Add New" button seen in ViceWhite's brochure picture above.

mine did the same thing. A loud buzzing nose that lasted a good minute.

401 - 420 of 2,778 Posts