Dodge Durango Forum banner

381 - 400 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
143 Posts
Thats interesting for sure. Im taking it in for tint in a few hours so ill grab a video then and see how it responds on different screens. I would say the biggest issue with our unit is how badly carplay cuts out and stops working whenever it feels like it, all the other bugs we could easily deal with but listening to digital music like its skipping on a shitty cd player from 1998 is suupppperrr annoying lol
Same for me, i can live with some bug, but the carplay cutting is driving me crazy.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Good news, the screen is a separate module from the radio head. Good to know since the screen is not that expensive if anything ever happened to it.

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
143 Posts
@Sykadelick did you try to switch theme just to give it a try?

Also don’t remember where, but is there a setting in the notification related to voice command temperature?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Hey guys,
A few days ago the replay feature stopped functioning fully.
Example: after driving for 20min on Ch 51, I used to switch to another channel and be able to rewind that channel for 20min, as long as the channel was saved as a preset. However, that is no longer the case. A few days ago it stopped doing that and now when I change the channel to another preset it will only rewind 4 seconds.

Anyone else have this issue? Will be going to the dealer soon for this.

·
Registered
‘21 R/T TnG White Knuckle + Blacktop
32 Posts
@Sykadelick did you try to switch theme just to give it a try?

Also don’t remember where, but is there a setting in the notification related to voice command temperature?
I didn’t try switching themes, i’ll give that a shot. Was pressed for time to get it to my tinter lol. Ill have a look in notification settings too however i only use siri not the uconnect so i don’t use it for temp

·
Registered
35 Posts
h ago

I was just searching for problems with Uconnect as I am waiting for my DDRT. I currently have a Ford Edge with Sync3. I have been having many issues with satellite, navigation, even not being able to turn off the radio at all until I shut off the car. Hope this helps it seems like it's a major satellite issue lately.

·
Registered
32 Posts
from dodge cares DM;

However, I think it's important for you to know that due to a specification from Apple, CarPlay is no longer able to be used from the center console or rear USB ports. This change was made from software application level IR22.5 and is applied to any higher software levels. Although we do not have control over this configuration, you are more than welcome to submit feedback on Apple's website.

Is dodge legit going to blame this on Apple??

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #390 ·
from dodge cares DM;

However, I think it's important for you to know that due to a specification from Apple, CarPlay is no longer able to be used from the center console or rear USB ports. This change was made from software application level IR22.5 and is applied to any higher software levels. Although we do not have control over this configuration, you are more than welcome to submit feedback on Apple's website.

Whats the issue? You can only use carplay wirelessly or with the dash usb and not the center console usb under the armrest? Doesnt seem like that big of a deal to me considering wireless is the best option.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Apple does stuff like this all the time. It is their way or the highway! I have a few apps my team developed for our customer base and Apple is always making software infrstructure changes which breaks the app or causes problems. Apple is poor at relating their roadmap and changes to the development world.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Whats the issue? You can only use carplay wirelessly or with the dash usb and not the center console usb under the armrest? Doesnt seem like that big of a deal to me considering wireless is the best option.
def not a big deal, that was the response I got about wireless audio skipping lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Originally posted this in the SRT section, but a member suggested I post it here to perhaps catch @DodgeCares attention:

My 2021 SRT (the cheap one, not Hellcat) is behaving strangely. I listen to a USB stick full of music. My source is on USB 100% of the time. However when I next start it after anything longer then overnight, my source will sometimes will be on FM. Note I NEVER listen to FM, so how the hell does it switch to FM, randomly? 8 times out of 10 it’ll be on USB like I left it when shutting down, but sometimes it decides to switch to FM.

Also, my Nav will show a marble sized earth and I’ll have to zoom in a whole lot to get back to normal map.

I haven’t tracked if the Nav issue happens the same time as the source reset, but I’d bet it does...

·
Registered
50 Posts
from dodge cares DM;

They don’t have control over their own hardware?

2021 Durango Citadel AWD, 3.6

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's not hardware, it is a software licensing issue.
Sounds more like the agent is misinformed.

CarPlay has requirements for USB port capabilities, but there’s no restriction imposed by Apple beyond that (per their developer documentation). I also read a note that suggests if there are multiple USB ports in the vehicle, but some don’t support the necessary data rates, they should be marked as such.

2021 Durango Citadel AWD, 3.6

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Here is my list (not exhaustive) of the issues I have with the new system. Some are minor others are simply broken.

1. Weather and Traffic is very intermittent and fails 8 out of 10 times. The system tries to connect to the weather/traffic service and after about 60-90 seconds it fails with an error to Please try again later.

2. Voice recognition does not recognize normal speech very well. All it says is PARDON when it does not understand what you are saying which is 90 percent of the time. VR improvements are needed. I have no issues with my 8.4" Navigation VR in my 2015 Ram or 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

3. Android phones when rebooted, do NOT fully load until you log into your phone. If you happen to reboot your Android phone while in the vehicle, it will connect via bluetooth but not pass any data to the NAV system. Even if you log into your phone, the data is still not transferred to the NAV as it just says loading on the NAV screen. When you try to use the VR to make a call, the system says "phone is not ready. " The only way around this issue is to reset (reboot) the Uconnect system or disconnect bluetooth pairing then repair the phone.

4. When trying to play "stream only" SiriusXM channels you get an error on the Uconnect screen saying that you need an internet connection. One would think the system would either connect to the internet through the built in LTE but it does not.

5. Uconnect system does not recognize wma song file format.

6. Favorite Song/Artist Alert has 2 different types of pop ups. A rectangle (Screen length x 1.5" ) pop up or large 3/4 screen pop up. Why are two different pop ups and there is no rhyme or reason as to why one or the other pops up. The song/artist text in the pop up is not readable due to such a small font being used. Makes it dangerous driving because you simply cannot glance at it and read it due to the small size of the font. Also the pop up goes away TOO FAST to provide any ability to read it thoroughly even if the font was a larger size. I have attached images showing the two different sized pop ups with what I call the micro font. Song/Artist popups happen while playing songs from my USB or talking on the phone using the Uconnect system. This should not happen unless you are in radio (SiriusXM.AM or FM) mode.

7. When you tap Media, it should show your available media sources. But it shows random Media sources such as AM and USB3 (which I never use) but after a few minutes driving it will show Sirius, USB1, USB2, and FM. This renders the feature of hiding the media bar and only using the media button useless.

8. Randomly while playing MP3s via USB, the screen controls show a heart icon instead of the shuffle icon. The shuffle icon returns if the Uconnect is reset (reboot) but it has also returned after a new ignition/start cycle. There is nothing in the user documentation for the Uconnect 5 referring to a heart icon.

9. Surround Sound is not available for any media source except USB.

10. The Uconnect (25 percent of the time) randomly chooses a media source when vehicle starts no matter what source was active when the Durango was turned off.

11. The system states I am at the maximum for favorites even though I have unused favorite slots remaining. When I try an add a favorite I get the error message but the system DOES add the favorite. This started when I increased the amount of favorites from 12 to 18.

12. When a text message comes through, you have a choice to view it or listen to it. When you listen to it and it finished, the pop up to reply shows but no more than 2 seconds and it goes away. You do not have time to press the pop up button so you cannot reply.

13. You cannot add additional profiles.

14. When playing music via USB and shuffle is OFF the system only plays up to song 500. I just checked and I have a couple of thousand songs on my USB drive.
Why limit the amount of songs available to 500?

15. Strange Chime sound - Preceding a Song Alert I hear a notification beep then the song alert pop up shows. If I choose to listen to the song, it takes me to the channel and plays the song but I then hear what sounds like a 3 note chime. It is lower in volume then the music and I can't figure out why I hear it. It's almost like the program is calling a sound file when it should not be. I can reproduce this everything I get a Song Alert.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #399 ·
Here is my list (not exhaustive) of the issues I have with the new system. Some are minor others are simply broken.

1. Weather and Traffic is very intermittent and fails 8 out of 10 times. The system tries to connect to the weather/traffic service and after about 60-90 seconds it fails with an error to Please try again later.

2. Voice recognition does not recognize normal speech very well. All it says is PARDON when it does not understand what you are saying which is 90 percent of the time. VR improvements are needed. I have no issues with my 8.4" Navigation VR in my 2015 Ram or 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

3. Android phones when rebooted, do NOT fully load until you log into your phone. If you happen to reboot your Android phone while in the vehicle, it will connect via bluetooth but not pass any data to the NAV system. Even if you log into your phone, the data is still not transferred to the NAV as it just says loading on the NAV screen. When you try to use the VR to make a call, the system says "phone is not ready. " The only way around this issue is to reset (reboot) the Uconnect system or disconnect bluetooth pairing then repair the phone.

4. When trying to play "stream only" SiriusXM channels you get an error on the Uconnect screen saying that you need an internet connection. One would think the system would either connect to the internet through the built in LTE but it does not.

5. Uconnect system does not recognize wma song file format.

6. Favorite Song/Artist Alert has 2 different types of pop ups. A rectangle (Screen length x 1.5" ) pop up or large 3/4 screen pop up. Why are two different pop ups and there is no rhyme or reason as to why one or the other pops up. The song/artist text in the pop up is not readable due to such a small font being used. Makes it dangerous driving because you simply cannot glance at it and read it due to the small size of the font. Also the pop up goes away TOO FAST to provide any ability to read it thoroughly even if the font was a larger size. I have attached images showing the two different sized pop ups with what I call the micro font. Song/Artist popups happen while playing songs from my USB or talking on the phone using the Uconnect system. This should not happen unless you are in radio (SiriusXM.AM or FM) mode.

7. When you tap Media, it should show your available media sources. But it shows random Media sources such as AM and USB3 (which I never use) but after a few minutes driving it will show Sirius, USB1, USB2, and FM. This renders the feature of hiding the media bar and only using the media button useless.

8. Randomly while playing MP3s via USB, the screen controls show a heart icon instead of the shuffle icon. The shuffle icon returns if the Uconnect is reset (reboot) but it has also returned after a new ignition/start cycle. There is nothing in the user documentation for the Uconnect 5 referring to a heart icon.

9. Surround Sound is not available for any media source except USB.

10. The Uconnect (25 percent of the time) randomly chooses a media source when vehicle starts no matter what source was active when the Durango was turned off.

11. The system states I am at the maximum for favorites even though I have unused favorite slots remaining. When I try an add a favorite I get the error message but the system DOES add the favorite. This started when I increased the amount of favorites from 12 to 18.

12. When a text message comes through, you have a choice to view it or listen to it. When you listen to it and it finished, the pop up to reply shows but no more than 2 seconds and it goes away. You do not have time to press the pop up button so you cannot reply.
You forgot that you have no option to add a second profile.... I ditto most of your issues. I also noticed that sending an address to your car from your phone rarely works through the uconnect app.

381 - 400 of 417 Posts