Dodge Durango Forum banner

361 - 380 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #361 ·
Hello everyone,

As of right now, the tentative software update release is expected to be in Q2. With that said, please keep an eye out for communication from our teams since we will be keeping you all informed as more information is released. I understand that this anticipation is not ideal, but we appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work towards a more flawless platform.

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that your dealer hasn't been able to successfully resolve your concerns at your visits. I'd like to ask you some questions, if you don't mind. Please send our @DodgeCares team a private message with more details so that we can better assist!

Thanks,

Courtney
Dodge Cares
This quarter or this year? Rob just messaged me and said sometime this year!

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Here are the two types of the micro font based Song Alert notifications and it is random to which one you get.

Please ignore the duct as the interior is a dust magnet.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Another bug.

Today when playing MP3s from my USB stick, there is now a heart where the shuffle icon/button used to be.
To the left of the rewind button specifically is where the shuffle icon is supposed to be. Now it's a heart icon/button does nothing and I cannot get the shuffle icon back.
Anyone else see this with their system while using the USB?
Sorry for the finger print smudge but I got annoyed and kept pressing the heart like somehow it would work.. LOL

View attachment 115063
This morning when I go into the DDRT the shuffle is back. Mind you, when I shut the vehicle off it was showing the heart.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Another bug I found this morning.
When you tap Media, it should show your available media.
SiriusXM
FM
AM
USB1
USB2
USB3

This morning it only showed AM and USB1. After about 15 minutes of driving it then showed Sirius XM, USB 3, USB2, AM, FM
I like to use this feature since I have the main screen media source hidden.

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
143 Posts
@Vice-White glad you point out the dust, I was starting to think I was crazy with the dust, but I have 360 Swiffer duster in my DD just for the dash and screen because it stick like honey.

·
Registered
2021 Durango R/T TnG F8 Green Blacktop
91 Posts
Hello everyone,

As of right now, the tentative software update release is expected to be in Q2. With that said, please keep an eye out for communication from our teams since we will be keeping you all informed as more information is released. I understand that this anticipation is not ideal, but we appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work towards a more flawless platform.

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that your dealer hasn't been able to successfully resolve your concerns at your visits. I'd like to ask you some questions, if you don't mind. Please send our @DodgeCares team a private message with more details so that we can better assist!

Thanks,

Courtney
Dodge Cares
@DodgeCares Sent a PM answering the question you asked. Thank you for reaching out.

·
Super Moderator
12,912 Posts
Just took delivery of our 21 TnG DD Saturday, needless to say Uconnect has been trash. paired two iphone 12s to it and carplay works when it wants to and skips audio constantly. 73k msrp....can’t play bluetooth audio properly.

you dodge cares yahoo’s should be ashamed.
The DodgeCares people have helped out many people (and their counterparts at JeepCares have helped me).

They didn't design the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
new bug.

I set my system to have 18 favorites. When you get to the 17th, it says you are at maximum favorites yet it still saves the channel to preset 17. Same thing with the 18th channel,you are at maximum favorites but still saves the channel to the preset#18

I have not tried 24 favorites yet but 12 favorites does not give this warning. Also I wish the song alert would have as large of a font as the maximum Favorites warning. ;)

·
Registered
‘21 R/T TnG White Knuckle + Blacktop
32 Posts
The DodgeCares people have helped out many people (and their counterparts at JeepCares have helped me).

They didn't design the vehicle.
Forgive me if I offended you. I read this whole thread and seen nothing but canned responses from them and 4 months of the exact same software issues continuously reported. Coupled with the complete lack of model/option knowledge at the dealership, I've lost a lot of faith in anyone at dodge knowing wtf they are doing or talking about. Sure they didn't design it but they are merely providing lip service to keep you all from becoming squeaky wheels. How many times have they told you to go to the dealership knowing they cant fix your issue? they're wasting our time and money.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Forgive me if I offended you. I read this whole thread and seen nothing but canned responses from them and 4 months of the exact same software issues continuously reported. Coupled with the complete lack of model/option knowledge at the dealership, I've lost a lot of faith in anyone at dodge knowing wtf they are doing or talking about. Sure they didn't design it but they are merely providing lip service to keep you all from becoming squeaky wheels. How many times have they told you to go to the dealership knowing they cant fix your issue? they're wasting our time and money.
If you are expecting to only converse to Dodge by posting on this forum, it will not help. You need to open cases on this and become the squeaky wheel.
I can tell you that the support people who post on here are not the source of the issue, they seem to try their best. But if Corporate does not care to get them the info we are asking for, you cannot fault the support people. FCA is at fault along with the Feds. Don't think for one second this is a simple fast fix. Uconnect is an emissions and mileage rated control device and needs to be approved by the Feds before any update becomes publicly available. When the Uconnect hack was made public in 2016 or so, it took 4 or 6 months (don't recall exactly) before the updated firmware was released to prevent the hack. I know that because I looked at the files in the ISO and showed the dates were 4 or 6 months earlier. That tells me the Feds don't give a crap and took that long to approve it for release. the EPA is crazy and now becoming crazier.

When we get the update, I will do the same thing, (unless it is OTA) and check the ISO for file dates and other cool crap I may be able to find.

Sit tight man, if the UC5 is your only issue, be happy and enjoy the DD as it is an awesome vehicle with no serious rivals on the market.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you are expecting to only converse to Dodge by posting on this forum, it will not help. You need to open cases on this and become the squeaky wheel.
I can tell you that the support people who post on here are not the source of the issue, they seem to try their best. But if Corporate does not care to get them the info we are asking for, you cannot fault the support people. FCA is at fault along with the Feds. Don't think for one second this is a simple fast fix. Uconnect is an emissions and mileage rated control device and needs to be approved by the Feds before any update becomes publicly available. When the Uconnect hack was made public in 2016 or so, it took 4 or 6 months (don't recall exactly) before the updated firmware was released to prevent the hack. I know that because I looked at the files in the ISO and showed the dates were 4 or 6 months earlier. That tells me the Feds don't give a crap and took that long to approve it for release. the EPA is crazy and now becoming crazier.

When we get the update, I will do the same thing, (unless it is OTA) and check the ISO for file dates and other cool crap I may be able to find.

Sit tight man, if the UC5 is your only issue, be happy and enjoy the DD as it is an awesome vehicle with no serious rivals on the market.
Oh I'm certainly not expecting to converse with anyone from corporate here, I've already contacted and filed complaints with FCA Canada. I certainly didn't want to start a debate about who is ultimately at fault for the UC5 issues, I work in the programming and data acquisition industry, I know the struggle. But judging by the responses and constant moving of this so called OTA update, its merely just delay tactics, we do this all the time. I guess I poorly communicated my frustrations, reading through this whole thread and seeing everyone seemingly strung along to keep going to dealers that cant resolve the issues is just unfair. Feds maybe in the states delay software updates but that is certainly not the case here in Canada.

Certainly love the DD, the TnG is what brought us back again, and the platform has drastically matured over the last decade. Fingers crossed for an update before 2022.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Oh I'm certainly not expecting to converse with anyone from corporate here, I've already contacted and filed complaints with FCA Canada. I certainly didn't want to start a debate about who is ultimately at fault for the UC5 issues, I work in the programming and data acquisition industry, I know the struggle. But judging by the responses and constant moving of this so called OTA update, its merely just delay tactics, we do this all the time. I guess I poorly communicated my frustrations, reading through this whole thread and seeing everyone seemingly strung along to keep going to dealers that cant resolve the issues is just unfair. Feds maybe in the states delay software updates but that is certainly not the case here in Canada.

Certainly love the DD, the TnG is what brought us back again, and the platform has drastically matured over the last decade. Fingers crossed for an update before 2022.
I wouldn't doubt that the 1st release date failed due to the EPA not liking something. That sets FCA back to square one with testing and certification so maybe Q2 it will happen. But like you, I hope we get and update sooner then later.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don’t recall seeing this bug mentioned..

pressing and holding the temp up or down button increments the temp but is blocked by a second temp notification that does not increment.

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
143 Posts
It happends something weird this morning. My preset unit were override. My temp is in Celcius, speed is KM/H and L/100 for consumption.

This morning it was temp in F, speed in mph and consumption in MPG. All the other profile setting where fine.

And for those who may ask, I was on the same seat memory profile and using the same keyfoab as usual.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am going to try that this am and report back
Ill try and get a video of it if needed, its my wifes daily so I only have it occasionally lol. essentially its a static notification pop up that blocks the temp readout behind it, which does increment accordingly but its blocked by this secondary static pop up temp.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Ill try and get a video of it if needed, its my wifes daily so I only have it occasionally lol. essentially its a static notification pop up that blocks the temp readout behind it, which does increment accordingly but its blocked by this secondary static pop up temp.
I was not able to duplicate that issue on mine. I did notice when you are NOT on the HVAC screen and hold down the up/down temp button it does work but there is no indication of it until you let go of the button. They you see the temp that it went to. When on the HVAC screen the system works as one would expect with no pop ups.
Check out the thread I started to post your uconnect build version. I think there are a couple of version out there and this is why some have different issues then others.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was not able to duplicate that issue on mine. I did notice when you are NOT on the HVAC screen and hold down the up/down temp button it does work but there is no indication of it until you let go of the button. They you see the temp that it went to. When on the HVAC screen the system works as one would expect with no pop ups.
Check out the thread I started to post your uconnect build version. I think there are a couple of version out there and this is why some have different issues then others.
Thats interesting for sure. Im taking it in for tint in a few hours so ill grab a video then and see how it responds on different screens. I would say the biggest issue with our unit is how badly carplay cuts out and stops working whenever it feels like it, all the other bugs we could easily deal with but listening to digital music like its skipping on a shitty cd player from 1998 is suupppperrr annoying lol

361 - 380 of 412 Posts