Dodge Durango Forum banner

301 - 320 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Durango R/T AWD, blacktop package; captain's chairs; sunroof
13 Posts
Good afternoon,

Are you currently working with your Dodge dealer to get this addressed? We'd be happy to investigate possible resolutions if you're interested in our support! Just send our team a private message with more details, if so.

Thanks a ton,

Courtney
Dodge Cares
You people are full of shallow promises. I would be interested in knowing how many issues you have actually resolved out of the hundreds of postings related to problems with the 10.1" system on this forum. Your standard answer is that "issues will be resolved with the upcoming update", now pushed back to the second quarter. I will be amazed if the update is even available in the second quarter.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
Good afternoon,

Are you currently working with your Dodge dealer to get this addressed? We'd be happy to investigate possible resolutions if you're interested in our support! Just send our team a private message with more details, if so.

Thanks a ton,

Courtney
Dodge Cares
This is a known issue and we keep getting told we will receive an update soon for Uconnect 5. There is no reason to take it to the dealer as they will just tell us we are SOL and need to wait for the update. Courtney, please please please, I beg of you, give us some info on when to expect the software/firmware update. We were promised a functioning infotainment system when we spend $60k on a vehicle and that is what we expect to get.

·
Registered
211 Posts
When it comes to this Uconnect5 stuff, it seems DODGE customer service can't do anything more than note our concerns. Just like they choose to never explain what happened to a truck sitting in "inspections" status for 35 days after it was built. Lately, communications between DODGE, their dealerships, and the customers just flat out sucks. It isn't the dealer's fault either. They are simply not being told what they need to know from corporate. From orders that go unfilled for high-end, limited production vehicles, to cars that are built but never shipped, to a brand-new multimedia system that just doesn't work right, the lack of forthright communication is ridiculous and it needs to end - soon. You can't tell me this has anything to do with COVID either. There is nothing about COVID, chip supply problems, plant shutdowns, working from home, or any part of this pandemic that should be keeping DODGE from simply communicating. This is becoming a text book lesson in how to alienate and ultimately lose a seemingly rabid fan base.

Reactions: Vice-White

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Uconnect5/TomTom Services (which control weather and traffic) has been unavailable for 4 days now. No matter resetting the UC5 the weather and traffic fail to load. You get the "Please Try Again Later" error message. For a few days last week it was working albeit intermittently but now, it has been down for the count since Sunday.

·
Registered
2021 Durango GTplus AWD
137 Posts
Uconnect5/TomTom Services (which control weather and traffic) has been unavailable for 4 days now. No matter resetting the UC5 the weather and traffic fail to load. You get the "Please Try Again Later" error message. For a few days last week it was working albeit intermittently but now, it has been down for the count since Sunday.
My weather always works, but the traffic is hit or miss. Dodge should extend our Sirius promo another 6 mos due to the non working issues.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Weather and traffic worked all driving times yesterday. Today not so good as it did not work one time (weather or traffic)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Weather and traffic worked all driving times yesterday. Today not so good as it did not work one time (weather or traffic)
Talked to my Uconnect case manager again yesterday. He called me to let me know there will be no software patch available for the traffic/weather issues. Going to have to wait for the second quarter Uconnect update. I asked him again how long he thought it would be before the update was available. He did not know, but said he didn't think it would be too much longer. He said he would put me on a prioritized list to be notified by phone and email when the update was available for download. I will let you know whenever I hear something.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is the weather and traffic part of Sirius guardian? Or all to do with tom tom?
All to do with TomTom and Uconnect. Has nothing to do with Sirius XM Guardian.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #312 ·
All to do with TomTom and Uconnect. Has nothing to do with Sirius XM Guardian.
Its so confusing what gets data service from where? Nav satellites? Seriusxm satellites? Phone data? Car 4g wifi? Between all the different systems it hard as hell to troubleshoot.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Who's fault, TomTom or Uconnect, don't care as either way it seems neither cares. Uconnect will not respond to me, TomTom said talk to Dodge/Uconnect and DodgeCares will not respond to me, guess I am black listed for posting problems :eek::LOL:
I wonder what dealers are telling customers who test drive and try the weather and traffic and it fails? I am sure they lie as all dealers do but I assume most people (like me) don't test something like that since it is something that should work, period. Kind of like the engine working when you buy a new vehicle, everything else should work.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
It could be Sirius. My Ford's weather and traffic were provided by Sirius.

Sirius supplies satellite radio
Uconnect Services provides Navigation, Mopar Connect, TomTom Services
Caplay or Adroid Auto are built into the unit and you do not get charged a recurring cost like Uconnect and SiriusXM

·
Registered
960 Posts
I would like to say hang in there, but waiting is not fun when you have issues with a new expensive vehicle, been there with mine.

The Uconnect 4 may be pretty reliable now, save for the stupid Android Auto and Car Play Issues STILL (ugh), but in the beginning they were not. And it wasn't just the Durango's that were effected, all Dodge vehicles at that time with that new system had problems.

When the 2018's rolled out we had a ton of issues as well stemming from the Uconnect as they too were a new version. Back then we had similar issues; frozen displays, no display at all, phone pairing issues, forgetting memory settings/changing settings on it's own, AA and Car Play connection issues, Weather reports for areas hundreds of miles away which is still a problem, and several more.

I purchased my Durango in October of 2017, it took until the end of January of 2018 for the 1st update to roll out. And when that 1st update hit, it didn't fix anything. The following 2 updates after that 1st one took another 6 months or so in total to be released, and are what finally fixed most of the major issues. I got lucky with our 2018 Charger it had the new updates by the time I got it, and missed the major problems. However, it too had/has AA issues as well as the stupid Weather alerts for areas no where near me.

I really hope it doesn't take 3-6 months for any fixes to roll out again for the 2021's. Their track record here isn't quick historically, however they do get it ironed out in the end, mostly, and yes I'm mainly talking about you AA/Car Play.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vice-White

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
These issues are very common so it is hard for me to understand why they were not caught in pre-production.
More then 1/2 the model year is done and the same issues remain. Yeah, the weather, traffic and VR all need serious help but would be nice to get more definitive info from FCA on where the update stands.

When I had 8th gear issues with my Ram, a Chrysler trans engineer reached out to me and 3 months later there was a fix. While the problem I listed with the Ram trans seemed to be a one off, many people tested and found the same thing. (super easy to replicate). It was super cool an FCA employee took the time to get involved and he kept me updated and the day the TSB was released to dealers I had my Truck at the dealer for a flash. I know the fix will get here and until then, I'll just keep people away from touching my NAV and looking at the weather error messages. ;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
When I had 8th gear issues with my Ram, a Chrysler trans engineer reached out to me and 3 months later there was a fix.
I don't understand why there hasn't been any technical outreach from Uconnect or Stellantis. At this point all the stakeholders know there are usability and reliability issues with this system. I have yet to hear of any real engagement with owners - whether thru public or private channels.

We have some people on this forum who have been very vocal about the Uconnect5 situation, and we also have some folks (like myself ) who are software development professionals. It shouldn't be all that difficult to setup some sort of focus group to identify issues with Android Auto and Apple Carplay on the Uconnect5 system. All it requires is a manufacturer who wants to get the problems solved.

There needs to be a small group of owners to represent each of the use cases, and then a couple of Uconnect software development/test folks who can all put their heads together. A basic approach would include a simple way to file a concern, testers to validate and prioritize the issues, and developers to build fixes. After that, some of the focus group users should be provided beta code and/or release candidates. Once a new software build is validated, it would be put through the approvals process for deployment to the whole community. There might be some Federal process that gets into the discussion as well, but in general this is how the industry works.

It can't be much harder than this. I would volunteer to participate on the Android side in a minute. I'm already a beta tester for multiple consumer electronics platforms, as well as a focus group participant for a automotive manufacturer. Unfortunately I can't name names. Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if there are others on DD.NET who have similar skills and/or experiences.

Given the pervasiveness of the issues, the silence from Uconnect and Stellantis on this situation is approaching unbelievable.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
496 Posts
And such is the modus operandi of car manufacturers. After decades of weathering federal oversight on MPG and safety for every part of a vehicle, it has become 'take the money and pretend nothing is wrong with the product.' I'm not blaming the Feds for the situation but rather congress for not enforcing consumer protection laws and forcing the manufacturers to own up to and support their failings. There are too many lawyers and lobbyists to get anything done and the manufacturers are way too greedy. They view the expenses of avoiding these issues as more beneficial to them than paying to fix these issues. This applies to every large manufacturing sector in the US. Appliance manufacturers do the exact same thing.

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
143 Posts
Maybe it has been said in the threads, but too lazy to go over all the page :p. My NAV just ramdomly reset today. So either its a bug, or an update (i'm being positive here). So I figured to share my tomtom nav version to see what are yours!

TTNAV.R14.0.7
North America 2020.03.28

301 - 320 of 412 Posts