Dodge Durango Forum banner

281 - 300 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Past couple of days my XM will change channels on it's own. Acts as if someone pushed the next channel arrow button on the touch screen.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Just a few easy things you can do (ask me how I know - LOL):

1. First , make sure to file a complaint with the HOA. Of course, they still might not do anything. But they surely won't if nobody complains.
2. Get your other neighbors to do the same. The more people who complain, the more likely the HOA is to do something.
3. Check to make sure the business is registered in your city/county/parish. If not, advise the appropriate tax authorities. They really don't like it when people don't pay their taxes. They also may have the ability to conduct an unannounced inspection of the property. That usually gets the owner's attention.
4. Check in with the building and zoning folks as well. They might have something to say as well depending on your local restrictions on residential zoning.
Thank you for this. I happen to be a 25 year commercial real estate broker so I deal with planning and zoning almost daily (in nearby cities anyhow). I was going to go and fix it myself but my wife convinced me to let the HOA do it as I don't have the right to tell him what to do and then a fight might ensue.... so I did the above. It took a while but it's been almost 2 weeks with no customers so hopefully it will last. mind you it was a business that involved babies crying basically in my backyard...

I sent a zillion pics and videos as I happen to have some nest cams around the perimeter, thankfully, and emailed them to the HOA... after about 3 weeks of evidence, they finally sent a demand letter to cease the business operation lol... it's just upsetting that someone thought they could do that and this guy is also an appraiser so he knows.... now they hate me but I could care less, we don't have to be friends.... I hope he enjoys the early cold starts of the scat pack hahah... and you are also correct in #4, I looked myself and the HOA docs clearly state only residential uses are permitted period.

sorry to go off topic here : )

Reactions: va-terps4

·
Registered
'19 RT
22 Posts
So, we have had an issue with our Uconnect randomly glitching and turning off, sometime the screen would go all blue. (see pic below) sometimes we would loose all control over the buttons and cannot control the sound or any functions of the entire infotainment system. Some times the rear camera doesn't activate. Def feels like a ghost is living in the Uconnect system.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
So, we have had an issue with our Uconnect randomly glitching and turning off, sometime the screen would go all blue. (see pic below) sometimes we would loose all control over the buttons and cannot control the sound or any functions of the entire infotainment system. Some times the rear camera doesn't activate. Def feels like a ghost is living in the Uconnect system.
Not to be dick but this is about the new 10.1" issues. Looks like you have the 8.4" which from what I understand does not have Uconnect5 issues and normally runs great. Maybe you have a bad unit and the dealer can swap it. Good luck man!

·
Registered
'19 RT
22 Posts
Not to be dick but this is about the new 10.1" issues. Looks like you have the 8.4" which from what I understand does not have Uconnect5 issues and normally runs great. Maybe you have a bad unit and the dealer can swap it. Good luck man!
You are def not a dick, I kinda am for not understanding this was a thread dedicated to the 10.1. thanks for calling that out.:sneaky:

·
Registered
74 Posts
If by any chance you have some information on a update comming or a date, that would be awsome too.
Absolutely! As many of you know, software update release dates are always tentative and subject to change at any time. As of right now, we are still projected to release a software update in the coming months. While we do not have a definitive date at the moment, I will be sure to keep you all updated as more information is released. In the meantime, please keep an eye out for communication from our teams about new software and FOTA updates that you can expect. Hopefully this helps!

Hi there--

I'd be happy to look into your system further for you! Send us a private message with details about what you're experiencing and we can move forward from there.

Thanks everyone,

Courtney
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
'19 RT
22 Posts
Absolutely! As many of you know, software update release dates are always tentative and subject to change at any time. As of right now, we are still projected to release a software update in the coming months. While we do not have a definitive date at the moment, I will be sure to keep you all updated as more information is released. In the meantime, please keep an eye out for communication from our teams about new software and FOTA updates that you can expect. Hopefully this helps!

Hi there--

I'd be happy to look into your system further for you! Send us a private message with details about what you're experiencing and we can move forward from there.

Thanks everyone,

Courtney
Dodge Cares
That's amazing. I will for sure! Thank you so much for reaching out!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any updates on the ability to add multiple user profiles for Uconnect 10.1? Just got my new Durango and pretty annoying I can’t have separate settings for both myself and wife based on our keys like I could in my 2015 car! Any advice on if and how this can be resolved would be awesome! Thanks all!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any updates on the ability to add multiple user profiles for Uconnect 10.1? Just got my new Durango and pretty annoying I can’t have separate settings for both myself and wife based on our keys like I could in my 2015 car! Any advice on if and how this can be resolved would be awesome! Thanks all!
The fix will be resolved with a new pending software update, now scheduled for the second quarter. I purchased a new Durango R/T in March and I have had multiple issues with the new 10.1" system. In addition to the profiles issue, TomTom traffic and weather are intermittent. May work, may not. This issue is supposed to be resolved also in the new software update. Obtained all this information from a Uconnect case manager on Thursday.

·
Registered
2021 Durango GTplus AWD
129 Posts
The fix will be resolved with a new pending software update, now scheduled for the second quarter. I purchased a new Durango R/T in March and I have had multiple issues with the new 10.1" system. In addition to the profiles issue, TomTom traffic and weather are intermittent. May work, may not. This issue is supposed to be resolved also in the new software update. Obtained all this information from a Uconnect case manager on Thursday.
Hopefully they weren't bullshtting you.

·
Registered
2021 Tow n Go, 2020 Colorado ZR2
12 Posts
Yesterday my weather app suddenly started working. Today I tried plugging in a USB full of MP3's but it wouldnt recognize it until I did a reboot in the settings menu. Haven't tried marketplace again yet. TomTom Nav does show realtime traffic. I also discovered the Nav can bring up a list of gas stations with prices separate from the show points of interest display. System sure is hit or miss what works day to day. Hopefully that patch comes sooner than later. I was going to take it in to the dealer to have them look at the broken stuff but at this point since everything I currently use on a daily basis seems to be working I dont want to chance the dealer breaking what works in order to fix what doesnt. Still afraid to try Android Auto.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I figured I would start this thread to see what issues people are running into. I'm sure many of these will be worked out quickly but wanted to see is others are having the same issues I am.

1) Yesterday, my screen became completely unresponsive. It would not acknowledge any screen touches. This went on for 5 minutes and continued after a reboot of the system. Eventually it just started working on its own again. It started when my apple car play started up.

2) Performance pages are glitchy. They seem to crash when I select the certain performance page I want to view. Without fail, the G Force page crashes and reverts to the home page every time I click on it.

3) I am unable to add more than one profile. I called Uconnect and they said an update will be pushed out soon to add up to 5 profiles. Is everyone having this issue?

4) Screen not dimming when headlights are on while using apple carplay. It seems like its on full bright even when headlights are on only when on the car play screen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
PROFILES STILL LIMITED TO 1. Just purchased a new Chrysler Pacifica 2021 and having been in IT for over 40 years cannot believe the Owner Manual is perfect but the software is a failure. And here it is April 2021 and still has not been fixed.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
PROFILES STILL LIMITED TO 1. Just purchased a new Chrysler Pacifica 2021 and having been in IT for over 40 years cannot believe the Owner Manual is perfect but the software is a failure. And here it is April 2021 and still has not been fixed.

total rush to market with the 10.1" screen which is fine as no software in this world gets reelased without issue. However, some of the issues are in every single system which should have been caught by R&D and for features missing that are in the manual (profiles) is just plain dumb. However, this is not an aftermarket radio it is severly intergrated with the comptuer systems of the vehicle. Chrysler takes 3-4 months to get stuff approved by the Feds so put some blame on the Feds too. Look at the 2012-2015 nav systems of Ford (microsoft Lync) that sucked and simply failed at ever feature they had for years. GM's first integrated ECM NAV system sucked too. Mostly due to crappy hardware (CPU/Memory) but also terrible programming by Microsoft. Thanks goodness our 10/1" are super as far as hardware specs and the programing forgot somethings LOL but it will be ok soon. If not, I will trade my RT in for a Hellcat and not partifuallry care for a NAV cause it will be a go fast ride for me only (J/K) I love my RT

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
It seems UC5 has removed support for wma media files which stinks. wma are much less lossy then mp3 files and now I have to convert hundreds of songs to mp3. :eek:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am still having intermittent CarPlay issues. It will drop the connection randomly, sometimes in the middle of a phone call or when using Apple maps for navigation and then pick it right back up a few seconds later. Then there are times when it will drop altogether, and act like the connection won't reconnect. When playing music, it still is extremely glitchy and acts like the bluetooth connection is not working like it should. Music will be playing, because the song actually advances and shows as such on the time bar, but we can't hear it. Then it comes back again like nothing was wrong. Things seem to be exacerbated when another phone (all Apple) is in the car with bluetooth enabled. Sometimes having the other phones shut bluetooth off (in settings, not the control center) makes it function better, sometimes it doesn't.
For me I have noticed I now seem to just roll with it when things happen. Maybe getting used to it being this way. Agreed on the Uconnect 4, was rock solid as when I had my DD in to check this very issue, the dealer put me in a Jeep Compass (talk about no power--lol!) that had Uconnect 4 and it had zero issues. I set it up and it worked the two days I had the vehicle, no issues. Connected right away.
It is funny how I have adapted--I now check to see if the CarPlay logo is on the screen so I can do stuff. If I just see the phone icon, I just look away. Ugh.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am still having intermittent CarPlay issues. It will drop the connection randomly, sometimes in the middle of a phone call or when using Apple maps for navigation and then pick it right back up a few seconds later. Then there are times when it will drop altogether, and act like the connection won't reconnect. When playing music, it still is extremely glitchy and acts like the bluetooth connection is not working like it should. Music will be playing, because the song actually advances and shows as such on the time bar, but we can't hear it. Then it comes back again like nothing was wrong. Things seem to be exacerbated when another phone (all Apple) is in the car with bluetooth enabled. Sometimes having the other phones shut bluetooth off (in settings, not the control center) makes it function better, sometimes it doesn't.
For me I have noticed I now seem to just roll with it when things happen. Maybe getting used to it being this way. Agreed on the Uconnect 4, was rock solid as when I had my DD in to check this very issue, the dealer put me in a Jeep Compass (talk about no power--lol!) that had Uconnect 4 and it had zero issues. I set it up and it worked the two days I had the vehicle, no issues. Connected right away.
It is funny how I have adapted--I now check to see if the CarPlay logo is on the screen so I can do stuff. If I just see the phone icon, I just look away. Ugh.
Good afternoon,

Are you currently working with your Dodge dealer to get this addressed? We'd be happy to investigate possible resolutions if you're interested in our support! Just send our team a private message with more details, if so.

Thanks a ton,

Courtney
Dodge Cares

281 - 300 of 306 Posts