Dodge Durango Forum banner

261 - 280 of 306 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Ok. Kind of new to all this. How do I factory reset the NAV?
Go into your settings app. It is in there somewhere. There is RESET which is just a reboot but there is FACTORY RESET and that is what you want. You will lose all your favorites and any other save info you may have added

·
Registered
583 Posts
Fixed mine permanently.... by downgrading to Uconnect 4.

I did that by giving them back the Durango and I’m back in a scat pack Widebody... while I miss the Durango interior and “display” of the u5, u4 works every time and the sound of the 392 is special.

Besides I still have my sons Durango. His seems to be working ok lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Durango GTplus AWD
129 Posts
Fixed mine permanently.... by downgrading to Uconnect 4.

I did that by giving them back the Durango and I’m back in a scat pack Widebody... while I miss the Durango interior and “display” of the u5, u4 works every time and the sound of the 392 is special.

Besides I still have my sons Durango. His seems to be working ok lately.

Congrats on the new ride, but uconnect4? Ugh, that's a serious downgrade. Ill take the 10 inch screen with its minor flaws. Post a pic of the new ride!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have not had time to do it yet. Got the grandson over for the afternoon.
Did the factory reset last night. Didn't make any difference. Still have to have the Uconnect app open on my phone and then it is hit and miss on being able to receive traffic or weather. It shouldn't be this troublesome. Every other vehicle I have ever owned, you just get in and drive and everything (traffic flow, highway construction) shows up on the Nav screen.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Did the factory reset last night. Didn't make any difference. Still have to have the Uconnect app open on my phone and then it is hit and miss on being able to receive traffic or weather. It shouldn't be this troublesome. Every other vehicle I have ever owned, you just get in and drive and everything (traffic flow, highway construction) shows up on the Nav screen.
Do you have Car Play or Android Auto enabled on your phone? I can't see how the Uconnect App has anything to do with the UC5 system for NAV unless maybe through Car Play or Android Auto.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you have Car Play or Android Auto enabled on your phone? I can't see how the Uconnect App has anything to do with the UC5 system for NAV unless maybe through Car Play or Android Auto.
No, I do not have Car Play enabled. I don't get it either. Only way I can get traffic to show up on the Nav is to have the Uconnect app open on my phone. And, I have to log out of the Uconnect app, then login again, set the layers to traffic flow, then the traffic on the map may show up, may not.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, but uconnect4? Ugh, that's a serious downgrade. Ill take the 10 inch screen with its minor flaws. Post a pic of the new ride!
Agreed on Uconnect 4 and it’s screen and graphics... but i don’t mind the downgrade in interior for the fun factor of a Widebody scat pack . It’s my 4th one and I still have the other Durango when I need it as my son loves driving the scat and switching anytime lol

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
414 Posts
Your neighbors must think you guys are nutso with all of the car switching going on.

Reactions: Heat00

·
Registered
583 Posts
Your neighbors must think you guys are nutso with all of the car switching going on.
Lol they do but I have problem with one new neighbor so I dont care what they think.... they destroyed my life with noise and traffic as they are trying to run a retail business from home, within an hoa lol, surrounded by 600,000$ homes. It’s absurd.

·
Registered
177 Posts
trying to run a retail business from home, within an hoa
Just a few easy things you can do (ask me how I know - LOL):

1. First , make sure to file a complaint with the HOA. Of course, they still might not do anything. But they surely won't if nobody complains.
2. Get your other neighbors to do the same. The more people who complain, the more likely the HOA is to do something.
3. Check to make sure the business is registered in your city/county/parish. If not, advise the appropriate tax authorities. They really don't like it when people don't pay their taxes. They also may have the ability to conduct an unannounced inspection of the property. That usually gets the owner's attention.
4. Check in with the building and zoning folks as well. They might have something to say as well depending on your local restrictions on residential zoning.

Reactions: Heat00

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I got my D back from the dealership today. They replaced the telematics module box, and said that could have been the cause of the phones intermittently disconnecting from UConnect. I think the telematics module box is more to do with sending vehicle health data off board to the UConnect app on my phone, but hey, we'll see. I was also happy to receive a follow up call from Dodge Cares because Alison had escalated my case. They knew exactly what the dealership had done and we're calling to see if I agreed the problem was fixed. I said so far, so good, but too early to tell since it's an intermittent problem. But since he's a UConnect guy, I asked about why we don't have the ability to add up to 5 profiles. He said to his knowledge, any vehicle with UConnect 5shouldnbe able to add up to 5 profiles. I relayed that a couple guys on this forum can add multiple profiles, but most of us can't. He said he'll relay to his hardware and software teams and get back to me. So when he does, I'll pass on what he says.

Sent from my S20 Ultra using Tapatalk
I am the owner of a 21 Citadel which I purchased 8 weeks ago. I also can not add more than one profile. I have put in a complaint to Chrysler about the profiles on the uconnect. They called me and said they are aware of the problem and will close out my ticket. I got annoyed because I see it as closing out my ticket was saying you are washing your hands with the problem. They did say that there will be an update......still waiting for that update

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am the owner of a 21 Citadel which I purchased 8 weeks ago. I also can not add more than one profile. I have put in a complaint to Chrysler about the profiles on the uconnect. They called me and said they are aware of the problem and will close out my ticket. I got annoyed because I see it as closing out my ticket was saying you are washing your hands with the problem. They did say that there will be an update......still waiting for that update
I actually see that as a good sign that there will be an update. Baffling why it’s taking so long, but still.

If they just took the report or said it was operating as currently designed, then I’d be upset.

2021 Durango Citadel AWD, 3.6

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I actually see that as a good sign that there will be an update. Baffling why it’s taking so long, but still.

If they just took the report or said it was operating as currently designed, then I’d be upset.

2021 Durango Citadel AWD, 3.6
The updates take so long due to federal regulations. The system is integrated into the ECM which means it has to be approved by the Feds before being made available.
The update a few years back to prevent hacking of the UC4 NAV systems took 3 months from the time it was developed (looking at file dates) to when it was released.
That was an important update so I suspect mid summer with any luck we will have an update.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We ordered a 2021 GT Plus with the 10.1 and Uconnect 5 last year, took delivery of it in November and haven't been able to have more than one driver profile since then. Was told back then that a software update would happen in Q1 2021 to fix this known bug (along with the head unit randomly resetting). No update yet, called them this weekend and now it's "an update will be pushed out some time but no ETA". What a bunch of garbage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We've had our 2021 GT+ since November 2020 and have been told an update is coming since then. Obviously still no update.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello everyone,

We hear your concerns about the various experiences you're having with your Uconnect5 system and want to make it a more positive experience moving forward! Please know that we consistently monitor these forums to see what topics your conversations are centered around and to see if there's anything we can help you with.

If anyone is experiencing concerns and/or is planning to visit a certified dealer to get their concerns addressed, please do not hesitate to send us a private message with more details about your unique situation and we can go from there!

Thanks,

Courtney
Dodge Cares

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Hello everyone,

We hear your concerns about the various experiences you're having with your Uconnect5 system and want to make it a more positive experience moving forward! Please know that we consistently monitor these forums to see what topics your conversations are centered around and to see if there's anything we can help you with.

If anyone is experiencing concerns and/or is planning to visit a certified dealer to get their concerns addressed, please do not hesitate to send us a private message with more details about your unique situation and we can go from there!

Thanks,

Courtney
Dodge Cares

Thank you for being involved!

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
112 Posts
Hello everyone,

Thanks,

Courtney
Dodge Cares
If by any chance you have some information on a update comming or a date, that would be awsome too.

261 - 280 of 306 Posts