Dodge Durango Forum banner

241 - 260 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Unfortunately, there seems to be a bit of hot potato being played when it comes to the Uconnect system. DODGE put it in the vehicles, but in truth they don't know much about it. They basically expect the Uconnect folks to handle anything that happens with these things. IMHO, it appears Uconnect either doesn't want to work that way, or simply isn't prepared to do so. So neither of them is really doing a good job supporting the owners. The techs at the dealerships aren't trained on it, the customer service folks at DODGE know even less, and Uconnect hides behind a terrible internet site, and some slow-responding email addresses. Meanwhile we clearly have a system that is having initial deployment issues. It is no simple thing to build a system like this, but that isn't really a sufficient excuse when people can't get basic functions to work reliably. Hopefully there really is a new firmware release coming soon, and this isn't some story intended to buy their software developers additional time. The sad part is with Stellantis or FCA or Chrysler (or whatever they want to be called this week) their customer communications are so bad at this point we can't even guess what to believe anymore.

Reactions: jeffauclair

·
Registered
11 Posts
Picked up a new 2021 Durango R/T about 10 days ago. It has been in the service bay at the dealer since the second day I took delivery of it. The new Uconnect 5 10.1" had multiple issues (not working) and they have supposedly done a hard reset on the system to fix it. My question is related to TomTom connected services on the navigation. Before I returned the Durango for service, I had no traffic information, fuel information (with prices) or weather. Are these services downloaded directly from TomTom to the vehicle navigation system? How do I know if these services are working on my vehicle after I pick it up from being serviced? Very frustrating!! I have never purchased a new vehicle with so many issues.

·
Registered
2021 Durango GTplus AWD
129 Posts
Unfortunately, there seems to be a bit of hot potato being played when it comes to the Uconnect system. DODGE put it in the vehicles, but in truth they don't know much about it. They basically expect the Uconnect folks to handle anything that happens with these things. IMHO, it appears Uconnect either doesn't want to work that way, or simply isn't prepared to do so. So neither of them is really doing a good job supporting the owners. The techs at the dealerships aren't trained on it, the customer service folks at DODGE know even less, and Uconnect hides behind a terrible internet site, and some slow-responding email addresses. Meanwhile we clearly have a system that is having initial deployment issues. It is no simple thing to build a system like this, but that isn't really a sufficient excuse when people can't get basic functions to work reliably. Hopefully there really is a new firmware release coming soon, and this isn't some story intended to buy their software developers additional time. The sad part is with Stellantis or FCA or Chrysler (or whatever they want to be called this week) their customer communications are so bad at this point we can't even guess what to believe anymore.
I wouldn't count on anything you hear about a new update. All rumors. Could be tomorrow, could be in 8 mos.

·
Registered
2021 Tow n Go, 2020 Colorado ZR2
12 Posts
Picked up a new 2021 Durango R/T about 10 days ago. It has been in the service bay at the dealer since the second day I took delivery of it. The new Uconnect 5 10.1" had multiple issues (not working) and they have supposedly done a hard reset on the system to fix it. My question is related to TomTom connected services on the navigation. Before I returned the Durango for service, I had no traffic information, fuel information (with prices) or weather. Are these services downloaded directly from TomTom to the vehicle navigation system? How do I know if these services are working on my vehicle after I pick it up from being serviced? Very frustrating!! I have never purchased a new vehicle with so many issues.
TomTom does show fuel prices right on the map if you elect to show gas stations in the GPS options. I was told by uconnect that the weather is only in the weather app. I think a list of nearest gas stations with prices are available as a list in the marketplace (similar to the old Travel link) but since mine is broken at the moment I cannot confirm that. I would assume traffic info is also through TomTom.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I do have the gas stations selected within the GPS options and my vehicle still does not show the fuel prices. I new gas station was built two years ago less than 1/4 mile from my house and the GPS does not even show that gas station on the map. Weather also does not work when selecting that in the apps. It just spins and eventually says an error occurred. Traffic is supposed to be a connected service through TomTom, but it doesn't work either. No one within Uconnect has a clue about this new 10.1" system and cannot offer any help. I contacted TomTom on a live chat and the support person said that they do not support the 10.1" system. They only support the 5" and 7" in vehicle systems.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I spoke with Sirius and they said not them as this new system does not support Sirius Travel Link services.
Travel and Traffic Connected services are listed on my new car sticker so I am at a loss.
My Navigation works but not weather. The system tries to load it and I get an error saying Please try Later.
Almost like the service is down or I am not subscribed. I went to TomToms website and there is nothing about subscriptions for Cars so I think Uconnect is the controlling party.
I am not on the phone with them and yes, they have no idea so far.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I did see an option (radio button choice) to enable traffic flow on the NAV. it was off by default. Not sure that means it just enabled traffic to be shown on the NAV?

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I called Uconnect Services phone number and got a tech who said he works with the Uconnect testers and is bringing this to them.
He said he will call me back with more information and asked if directed, would I take my DDRT to the dealer so they can pull data from the system for the Uconnect testers.
I said sure am, so I suspect a call next week sometime, hopefully! By the way, the DDRT is so damn cool, comfy and fun to drive this is just an annoyance for me but a very intriguing one. Not until we are all working perfectly will I be done with this issue!

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
When I enabled traffic flow I took it for a drive and it sure enough it showed traffic, men at work etc. But the dang weather does not work... LOL

·
Registered
48 Posts
Driving around all day running errands, using wireless CarPlay, come home, then leave for dinner, and CarPlay is non-functional. Device Manager shows it attempting to connect, and the phones both show a Bluetooth connection, but nothing. Switch to SiriusXM. Come out after dinner, again, Bluetooth connected, no CarPlay. Delete one of the phones from uConnect, delete uConnect from the phone, re-pair, still no joy.

How does some something so fundamentally broken get put into production? And worse, with still no fix?

2021 Durango Citadel AWD, 3.6

·
Registered
2021 Durango GTplus AWD
129 Posts
I did see an option (radio button choice) to enable traffic flow on the NAV. it was off by default. Not sure that means it just enabled traffic to be shown on the NAV?
How do you get weather? I click on the weather/nav icon under apps and it tries to load but fails with Try again later.
Is that how you access your weather?
I have the enable traffic flow, and no traffic displays. And yes I can access the weather using the icon. So I have no traffic, but weather, you have the opposite. LMFAO. Way to go FCA.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I opened the Uconnect app on my phone. In the upper right corner there is a layers tab. Make sure you have the "show traffic" and "view boundaries" switched on. I also have my iPhone set to show location while using the Uconnect app. I left the Uconnect app open and active on my phone when in the vehicle and traffic flow showed up, the weather worked, as well as fuel prices. The only glitch is when I set a route to go back home the traffic disappeared and I cannot get it to show up again. Very finicky.

IMG_5705.jpg
IMG_5707.jpg

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Guess what, today my weather works. I got in the RT to take a cruise and as soon as it started and the UC5 booted, I went to the weather app and it worked.
Pretty damn awesome too as it gives you the weather in every town as you drive, huge icons and font, fits the screen perfect. I wonder if TomTom/Uconnect woke up yesterday and said hey, the weather sattelite is out of sync. Oh just synch'd and all things are good now.. OR... Uconnect did something to my account like maybe blowing it out and re-adding it. When the tech from Uconnect tells me what they did when he calls, I will post it up!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Guess what, today my weather works. I got in the RT to take a cruise and as soon as it started and the UC5 booted, I went to the weather app and it worked.
Pretty damn awesome too as it gives you the weather in every town as you drive, huge icons and font, fits the screen perfect. I wonder if TomTom/Uconnect woke up yesterday and said hey, the weather sattelite is out of sync. Oh just synch'd and all things are good now.. OR... Uconnect did something to my account like maybe blowing it out and re-adding it. When the tech from Uconnect tells me what they did when he calls, I will post it up!
Are you using the Uconnect app when you are driving? Do you have the WiFi turned on and active in your DD? Is your phone connected to the DD with bluethooth? I cannot seem to get anything to work unless the Uconnect app is open on my phone and traffic flow is turned on in the layers section.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Are you using the Uconnect app when you are driving? Do you have the WiFi turned on and active in your DD? Is your phone connected to the DD with bluethooth? I cannot seem to get anything to work unless the Uconnect app is open on my phone and traffic flow is turned on in the layers section.
Everything still worked when I shut the phone off. I did notice that with the newest Android OS, it does not finish loading until you unlock the screen after it boots up.
But it does connect via bluetooth during this boot phase and unless you unlock the phone fast, the Nav will not download contacts and messages, you have to break the pair using the NAV and then reconnect it. Then it downloads all the phone data and it works fine.

The wifi is on and connected to my home router but as soon as I get 4 houses down it disconnects. Wifi has nothing to do with the unit working properly as I read it is simply for software update.

Do a factory reset on your NAV. I bet it will work since it seems all the services are working now but your NAV is confused so unconfuse by factory resetting it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Everything still worked when I shut the phone off. I did notice that with the newest Android OS, it does not finish loading until you unlock the screen after it boots up.
But it does connect via bluetooth during this boot phase and unless you unlock the phone fast, the Nav will not download contacts and messages, you have to break the pair using the NAV and then reconnect it. Then it downloads all the phone data and it works fine.

The wifi is on and connected to my home router but as soon as I get 4 houses down it disconnects. Wifi has nothing to do with the unit working properly as I read it is simply for software update.

Do a factory reset on your NAV. I bet it will work since it seems all the services are working now but your NAV is confused so unconfuse by factory resetting it.
Ok. Kind of new to all this. How do I factory reset the NAV?

241 - 260 of 306 Posts