Dodge Durango Forum banner
2101 - 2120 of 2136 Posts

· Registered
2021 Dodge Durango R/T AWD - Destroyer Gray
68 Posts
Another day, another Uconnect error. Seriously, there's no rational explanation for why this is still so badly broken. View attachment 124674

@DodgeCares : Do I even bother bringing this thing to the dealer since it's on the latest release?
Mine was the same message but it was an actual wire in the back that came unplugged.

Reactions: S8ER01Z

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
Mine was the same message but it was an actual wire in the back that came unplugged.
Do you happen to have any notes from the repair?! That might help some of us out…. I started seeing this after radio number 2 went in and radio number 3 also has it but I never saw it with the original radio.

· Registered
68 Posts
Do you happen to have any notes from the repair?! That might help some of us out…. I started seeing this after radio number 2 went in and radio number 3 also has it but I never saw it with the original radio.
I pick it up tomorrow. I will post here when I get the receipt. I think this is original radio but not sure because I bought this certified preowned from a corporate lease return.

· Premium Member
2,947 Posts
I am pretty sure I posted a TSB or two concerning the Uconnect Box error.
One was to check for loose/disconnected wiring and the other was to flash the unit.
I am sure they are in this thread somewhere so please look as I do not have them on my PC any longer.

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
I am pretty sure I posted a TSB or two concerning the Uconnect Box error.
One was to check for loose/disconnected wiring and the other was to flash the unit.
I am sure they are in this thread somewhere so please look as I do not have them on my PC any longer.
I have 2 TSBs that were covered by my dealership with no fix.. was curious if these guys found something new. I will take a look though to see if the TSBs you posted match what they gave me. 🍻

· Registered
68 Posts
I pick it up tomorrow. I will post here when I get the receipt. I think this is original radio but not sure because I bought this certified preowned from a corporate lease return.
C5 connector not fully in…
Font Material property Publication Paper Document

• Love

· Registered
68 Posts
My uconnect error fixed, a loose C5 connector. Just an fyi for those with that error message. I just thought I wasn’t getting an over the air update…

Font Material property Publication Paper Document

Font Newspaper Publication Number Typesetting

Font Gadget Screenshot Display device Technology

· Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,967 Posts
Maybe you just need to get a UC5 radio out of a wrecked SRT - if that will fix the problem.

· Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,967 Posts
I realize that's what you're hoping for but I have never seen anyone mention anything about the original firmware for UC5.

· Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,967 Posts
And have any of them been able to solve it? I haven't seen that here yet.

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
I spoke to Dodge last night and they specifically mentioned a TBM firmware is coming to fix the Uconnect error message. They still can’t provide an ETA but it seems that is a different release than the Uconnect 5 firmware.

· Registered
2021 Dodge Durango SRT, destroyer grey,
131 Posts

· Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Unfortunately no… the only update they ever sent out on thumb drive was R17.89 and I don’t think there is any other version available to download that I’ve seen.
Correct but the .89 firmware is the same as the original firmware except for the OTA process being fixed. No other changes were made so I would say that is close as @Kalispimenta is going to get

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
Correct but the .89 firmware is the same as the original firmware except for the OTA process being fixed. No other changes were made so I would say that is close as @Kalispimenta is going to get
Mine came with R14B.61 so I guess I was assuming that was what he meant. If they started coming with R17.89 then that version is probably what he needs.

· Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Mine came with R14B.61 so I guess I was assuming that was what he meant. If they started coming with R17.89 then that version is probably what he needs.
17.89 is what is on the USB stick they sent out.I would try that because you will not get the OEM load.

2101 - 2120 of 2136 Posts