2021 - 2040 of 2078 Posts

· Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,652 Posts
Try a new battery in the fob.

Reactions: Vice-White

· Registered
158 Posts
According to other posts I've read, supposedly the center console and the cup holders are dead zones for the key FOB and have also been known to somehow drain the FOB battery.
Interesting.

If that’s the case, I wonder what other areas might be no-go zones. My wife is the main driver, and when she sees it, her key is in her purse, which is sitting on the rear floor or the front passenger seat.

The only common factor I can find is that it tends to happen most often when someone opens a door while the truck’s stopped, in park.

In fact, that’s exactly when it happened for me in the above pics.

· Registered
158 Posts
I think there is a re-flash of the car's security module/system for this issue.
I need to check the paperwork from the last visit, where I had them check this (among all the other Uconnect issues). I recall a “software update” and “factory reset” were performed.

Even though it was running the latest version and I’d reset it.

But, I get it - they don’t know if the owner’s competent.

· Premium Member
2,643 Posts
What are the chances of putting a 2023 radio in a 2021 since they will likely get software updates and we appear to be already SOL.
Why do you think 2023 will be different from 2022 and 2021?
Dodge will release the 2023 with updated software that we will have before the new cars ship :D
(yeah I know, wishful thinking as the guy from Uconnect has ghosted me and that says, we are SOL)

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
330 Posts
Why do you think 2023 will be different from 2022 and 2021?
Dodge will release the 2023 with updated software that we will have before the new cars ship :D
(yeah I know, wishful thinking as the guy from Uconnect has ghosted me and that says, we are SOL)
Yeah I figured if nothing else the 2023 will have latest software and a prayer/hope of getting at least a few updates before it gets abandoned. We are already 2 years behind and no new fixes appear to be coming now.

· Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2022 RT TNG and I think the cellular system is not working. None of the commands work with the uconnect app, vehicle location doesn't work. Last time location worked was July of this year (2022). I select activate subscriptions and it keeps saying no network available. I select assist, the links come up for sirius Guardian so I select that and it just goes to a loading screen and stays there. It's been at the dealership for 3 weeks, they have created a Star Case on it, and they still have no clue what to do with it. You would think that @DodgeCares would see all of this and the engineering department would get a new software or hardware update on this ASAP. My dealer says they have 3 other vehicles there with the same issue.
I've owned it for a month and a half and only been able to drive it for a week.
Damn it!!!

· Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
2,652 Posts
Take it back, get a refund on your useless subscription, and enjoy listening to your radio.

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
330 Posts
I have a 2022 RT TNG and I think the cellular system is not working. None of the commands work with the uconnect app, vehicle location doesn't work. Last time location worked was July of this year (2022). I select activate subscriptions and it keeps saying no network available. I select assist, the links come up for sirius Guardian so I select that and it just goes to a loading screen and stays there. It's been at the dealership for 3 weeks, they have created a Star Case on it, and they still have no clue what to do with it. You would think that @DodgeCares would see all of this and the engineering department would get a new software or hardware update on this ASAP. My dealer says they have 3 other vehicles there with the same issue.
Damn it!!!
It’s almost guaranteed that the software is outsourced for this. We are lucky it works at all.

· Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Damn it!!!
Go here to activate/signup for the 4G service

Once your car is activated things should start working. This is unless you already did this procedure.

· Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Uconnect App issues will never get fixed either. According to Uconnect, it is dependent on an update for the 10.1 system. But according to the Uconnect programming guy, it has no bearing on the infotainment system. Who to believe? LOL

2021 - 2040 of 2078 Posts