Dodge Durango Forum banner
2001 - 2020 of 2078 Posts

· Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Well Dodge support has ghosted me. After telling me they are having meetings on the VHR issue ad they will update me, I guess they are pissed because I send a polite email 1+ week later asking if there is any update.

· Premium Member
2,643 Posts
This is seriously STUPID! Gee, lets add more issues before we fix the current ones. WTF?
Based on the orignal timeline for the 1st update .89 Uconnect was 8 months late. I could give the system to my programming team and have them fix it within a month. I bet Dodge Uconnect programmers are either offshore or they are a bumbling bucnh of numbskulls. In either case, the consumer suffers. I really how anyone buying an EV from mother mopar is expecting to wear flame retardant race suit because lithium catches fire pretty easily especially if programming is screwy. ;)o_O

It is really a sad state with poor qc, poor materials, poor programming and poor suport and this is coming from a life long mopar fan. It has become too hard to stand by the company over the past couple of years.

· Registered
2021 Dodge Durango SRT, destroyer grey,
99 Posts
Hello everyone, so I haven't read thru all the posts but, can someone beat this one? I went to the dealer for a battery issue. They first asked me if I had a tune since the system accused one, I said no but anyway isn't the pcm locked? yea but people find a way, im like the pcm IN THE CAR has no tune but if it did what does this have to do with the battery? well nothing, so ok then, I guess you trying to mention this for the warranty claim i'm about to put in? Anyway it was a ground wire issue, and since you here we had a recall for your car so we installed the latest Uconnect software, i'm like I did that already I got the usb key in the mail, well it didn't take it I guess, i'm like ok then. Anyway I get in my car and nothing is the same all reset I guess? Well little I know that they installed the r/t update and now im missing stuff on my dash, called and gone for the day! I guess tomorrow is going to be interesting. SRT with the R/T cluster....
Communication Device Audio equipment Gadget Audio receiver Clock

Speedometer Trip computer Car Vehicle Odometer

· Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Dodge is a freaking Joke. They have delaers who accuse owners of tampering with the PCM and then upload the wrong update? Who is in charge at Dodge because I really want to know if they think their dealer network is anything but poor.

· Registered
99 Posts
And if I did something to the pcm? So what? they didn't even know what's wrong with the car and they worried about my warranty...? They promoting the Direct Connection performance parts anyway so they know what people do what they got to do.
Anyway, so they were too busy today to "fix it" I need an appointment. Really? Ok, then I'm coming tomorrow and you fix it while I wait, i'm not leaving my car there, especially since you fucked up and if I have an appointment, that should mean something! I work in a restaurant and 6:30 reservation doesn't mean 7, 8, 9 or 10 pm right? Fucking hate this, I actually know people there and I hate to bother people for something this stupid but the job should be done anyway the right way. Also oh yea it was a ground wire issue, no sorry we fucked up nothing. Certain shit happens do to poor quality control or especially because people don't care, there's no more respect, no more pride in their work, nothing, WORLD IS GOING TO SHIT!

· Registered
99 Posts
No way! Tell us what happened!
So today I went in, bottom line they can't reflash it, because I have a code for a tuned pcm that is not tuned, I explained that some of my security features that were available on my SRT are not available and I don't feel safe driving it. The manager comes by and tries to speak to me like I'm ignorant and no nothing about cars of software or electronics," someone did something the exhaust you have is after market and they need to tune the pc to make it work and bla bla bla...Well there goes the neighborhood, im like what did you say??? first my exhaust is certified by Mopar it's a gthaus meisterschaft and there's no need to do any software updates or tunes, so no warranty voids you should know that sir, second you claim that you cant refresh the car because the code P1400 is present correct? The code happened at 5000 miles I have 19000 miles so unless in the last 2 days I did 14000 miles you couldn't have been able to flash it 2 days ago right? Is the PCM flashed? NO is the PCM the original one from when I got the car? Yes, so wtf are you talking about??? Well you have to call dodge and explain, I am at dodge right now and how am I going to explain something that doesn't make sense, what next explain flat earth? What are they going to do that you cant? can you clear the code? No. So how can THEY clear it?? You fuck up my car and i'm responsible to find a fix for it???
Anyway no idea if someone dealt with this or what to do here? Is there a way to reset the cluster?

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
330 Posts
I was reading about that code and it sounds like it gets set in the BCM? So if the PCM was ever touched/removed, etc it can trigger and they can’t (or claim they can’t) remove the code. It’s a black mark and voids all warranty 😬

· Registered
99 Posts
lmao, I bought it new. And by the way, apparently if you remove the pcm and then plug it back in it can cause the code. If the pcm is locked, and as the same serial number how can it be tuned? My car lost all power, engine light came on, battery light came on, the car literally shorted and I was dead in the middle lane at night, lights off for 10-15 seconds. Maybe this cause the code? Apparently not since it happen at 5k miles. Maybe they installed my exhaust got a code, cleared and caused the P1400 code? Also this only became an issue after they fucked up and can't fix it. I cant flash it back because of this code, but you did it with the same code 2 days ago? Now i'm wondering if they just stole my cluster put an RT one, and are using the code as an excuse. Read somewhere that the tech at the factory flashed the car last minute and the car was sold brand new with the code. So if this code is on it mean my pcm was tuned? Where's the proof? Vztech do you work for dodge? lol

· Registered
151 Posts
lmao, I bought it new. And by the way, apparently if you remove the pcm and then plug it back in it can cause the code. If the pcm is locked, and as the same serial number how can it be tuned? My car lost all power, engine light came on, battery light came on, the car literally shorted and I was dead in the middle lane at night, lights off for 10-15 seconds. Maybe this cause the code? Apparently not since it happen at 5k miles. Maybe they installed my exhaust got a code, cleared and caused the P1400 code? Also this only became an issue after they fucked up and can't fix it. I cant flash it back because of this code, but you did it with the same code 2 days ago? Now i'm wondering if they just stole my cluster put an RT one, and are using the code as an excuse. Read somewhere that the tech at the factory flashed the car last minute and the car was sold brand new with the code. So if this code is on it mean my pcm was tuned? Where's the proof? Vztech do you work for dodge? lol
What's so funny. We are trying to help. And that code DOES NOT magically appear. Not saying you did it, but its definitely there for a reason.

· Premium Member
2,643 Posts
P1400 gets set and the tech should follow the proper procedure veryifying the part numbers of the PCM and the firmware version. if it checks out the PCM should be replaced under warranty.
Who the hell knows what happens when you have voltages bouncing like mad when you were losing your ground. Unused positive wiring can backfeed towards a ground and cause all kinds of nasty stuff. You bought it from that dealer so they should assist you and not play blaming games as they could easily prove you messed with it or not.

· Registered
151 Posts
P1400 gets set and the tech should follow the proper procedure veryifying the part numbers of the PCM and the firmware version. if it checks out the PCM should be replaced under warranty.
Who the hell knows what happens when you have voltages bouncing like mad when you were losing your ground. Unused positive wiring can backfeed towards a ground and cause all kinds of nasty stuff. You bought it from that dealer so they should assist you and not play blaming games as they could easily prove you messed with it or not.
The problem here, is the dealership will not get payment from Dodge with this code. What they should be doing though is helping the owner with dodge, instead of just passing the buck. Unfortunately the dealership is assuming it's tuned because of the aftermarket exhaust. Another big no no on the dealership part.

· Premium Member
2,643 Posts
The problem here, is the dealership will not get payment from Dodge with this code. What they should be doing though is helping the owner with dodge, instead of just passing the buck. Unfortunately the dealership is assuming it's tuned because of the aftermarket exhaust. Another big no no on the dealership part.
Oh I am sure they think it is tuned. Once they saw the exhaust and the catch can they said, not worth it just say so sad too bad.
The diags state to contact STAR but did they? Doubt it.

· Registered
158 Posts
New fun!

Wife put it in reverse the other day, and instead of the backup camera, it displayed a message to the effect of “camera not in position”.

Neat

Last night, sitting in park, engine running, I pushed on the passenger side map light, and it was fluttering ever-so-slightly.

There’s gotta be a power-related situation linking a bunch of issues. This, after our PMU (?) was replaced to fix the dead A/C.

· Registered
2021 Durango SRT, 2017 Chrysler 300S 5.7
383 Posts
The cluster in your truck is an SRT cluster. The RT and below clusters have a tachometer on the left instead of the speedometer like the SRT/Hellcats do. So them stealing it isnt an option. It just seems like they flashed the cluster with the wrong software......I dont know where you live, but I am in New Jersey and have a SRT cluster laying around that we could plug in to the truck to see what happens.

2001 - 2020 of 2078 Posts