Dodge Durango Forum banner
1981 - 2000 of 2078 Posts

· Registered
2021 Durango R/T AWD, blacktop package; captain's chairs; sunroof
24 Posts
So....was driving to the hardware store the other day and noticed that a street, that was constructed back in 2020, was not showing up on my navigation map. Started digging into the Uconnect OTA TomTom map updates and found the following video produced by Uconnect. At 1:04 in the video, at the bottom, it states that the TomTom OTA updates are not available on the MY21 Durango. My software build in my Durango is FCA-MY21-R 17.98-PROD. What a bunch of crap. FCA makes such a big deal about the Uconnect 5 services and TomTom map updates and then they don't make it available with this software build? Very misleading promotion and advertising on the part of FCA. They should be held accountable to provide this service if they advertise it and promote it.

· Premium Member
2,643 Posts
So....was driving to the hardware store the other day and noticed that a street, that was constructed back in 2020, was not showing up on my navigation map. Started digging into the Uconnect OTA TomTom map updates and found the following video produced by Uconnect. At 1:04 in the video, at the bottom, it states that the TomTom OTA updates are not available on the MY21 Durango. My software build in my Durango is FCA-MY21-R 17.98-PROD. What a bunch of crap. FCA makes such a big deal about the Uconnect 5 services and TomTom map updates and then they don't make it available with this software build? Very misleading promotion and advertising on the part of FCA. They should be held accountable to provide this service if they advertise it and promote it.

That video was maed before 17.98/99 was released so it is accurate since prior to 17.89 OTA updates was not possible. However, I am pretty sure we will never get updates.

· Registered
158 Posts
Started the truck yesterday with my key in pocket. Seat moved to my position, UConnect display eventually switched to the main profile switched screen (WHY?!? What clown decided this was necessary?), yet the profile remained set to my wife’s. Got out, shook my head locked it, walked away.

Couple of hours later, unlocked it again with my key, started it, and it still remained on my wife’s profile.

Seriously, Dodge. How is it possible to sell something so broken, in such high quantities, yet after 18 MONTHS still not be able to make it work as advertised?

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
330 Posts
Started the truck yesterday with my key in pocket. Seat moved to my position, UConnect display eventually switched to the main profile switched screen (WHY?!? What clown decided this was necessary?), yet the profile remained set to my wife’s. Got out, shook my head locked it, walked away.

Couple of hours later, unlocked it again with my key, started it, and it still remained on my wife’s profile.

Seriously, Dodge. How is it possible to sell something so broken, in such high quantities, yet after 18 MONTHS still not be able to make it work as advertised?
Yeah at some point I remember the fob profiles working but on 17.99 now and I can’t even find the option anymore. I have to switch the profile manually every time I get in now.

· Premium Member
2,643 Posts
My “easy exit” and seat profiles stopped working 😂 🤣

Edit: found an old post on the forums here that said
  • disable easy exit
  • move the seat all the way forward
  • move the seat all the way back
  • enable easy exit.

Shockingly that worked.
I found that saving settings while driving can cause the issue.
Happened to me and I did the reset and it has been fine since but I have not tried to save settings when the Durango is in gear. LOL

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
330 Posts
I found that saving settings while driving can cause the issue.
Happened to me and I did the reset and it has been fine since but I have not tried to save settings when the Durango is in gear. LOL
Mine happened when I picked it up from the dealership. I got in and noticed the seat was stuck as far back as it would go and I couldn’t use presets. 😞 not sure what they did to trigger the issue.

· Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Mine happened when I picked it up from the dealership. I got in and noticed the seat was stuck as far back as it would go and I couldn’t use presets. 😞 not sure what they did to trigger the issue.
I would have gone back in and tell them to fix it. They should not be moving seats and stuff around.

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
330 Posts
I would have gone back in and tell them to fix it. They should not be moving seats and stuff around.
I give them leeway on moving the seat as I’m short and likely sit closer than someone else would. Out of my 10+ visits to the dealership now the seat has always returned to the profile setting linked to my FOB / or when hitting the preset on the door so I guess I didn’t think about it much either.

· Registered
158 Posts
“Key fob not in vehicle” again today when in park and someone opened a door while the engine was running.

This is probably the fourth time that’s happened under the same conditions (different doors though).

Guess the PMU they replaced recently to fix the AC didn’t help.

Wonder if the dome light LEDs are making RF interference in the same frequencies as the keyfob. I had a similar issue with my garage door openers when I put LED bulbs in the opener.

That, or the power sag from the dome lights coming on is enough to squirrel the radios involved with the key fobs. But I can’t imagine they draw all that much.

· Registered
2021 Dodge Durango R/T AWD - Destroyer Gray
25 Posts
I bought a 2021 Dodge Durango R/T about a month ago from a Dodge dealer. This message started popping up like a week after I took it home. Nothing else seems to be glitching or affected. I tried to sit by my Wi-Fi and see if anything would download OTA. Waiting for update. Next time I take it in I will give them a copy of the TSB and have them look at it.

Font Gadget Screenshot Technology Electronic device

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
330 Posts
I bought a 2021 Dodge Durango R/T about a month ago from a Dodge dealer. This message started popping up like a week after I took it home. Nothing else seems to be glitching or affected. I tried to sit by my Wi-Fi and see if anything would download OTA. Waiting for update. Next time I take it in I will give them a copy of the TSB and have them look at it.

View attachment 123506
I have that popping up every few minutes now. Dealer said there was an update coming and DodgeCares replied to a thread on here stating the same thing. Should get fixed whenever the update happens.

· Registered
25 Posts
I have that popping up every few minutes now. Dealer said there was an update coming and DodgeCares replied to a thread on here stating the same thing. Should get fixed whenever the update happens.
Yeah, I am hoping it is by December.

Reactions: S8ER01Z

· Registered
25 Posts
Yep. I get it a few times on every drove.. soo annoying.
Yep annoying, it makes it look like something is wrong when apparently it is more of a glitch.

Reactions: S8ER01Z

· Premium Member
2,643 Posts
FireTV is coming to Uconnect 5 and I think Uconnect is trying to stuff it into the latest release of the firmware we need.
If so, it ain't happen' this year. 🥶🥶

1981 - 2000 of 2078 Posts