Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
like this?

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.... this is straight off the USB that was left in the DD, the USB is formatted to FAT32, and the zip is intact on the drive...

yeah, stuff def a lil more basic looking.... i havent tried an OTA since the update to see if i can get to R17.99... the papers says the recall was only to update to R17.89, so looks like we wouldnt get the higher version at the dealer....
Thank you so much for this!!! DodgeCares never responded and the dodge dealership tried 2 times and failed to update my DDHC radio. They ordered a new radio which should be here who knows if it will ever get here “soon”. I downloaded the file you provided, tossed on a USB drive and had no issues updating it myself. You’re the real MVP here!!!!

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
I got a call this morning that the replacement radio is in at the dealership. I still get “Wi-FI unavailable” errors and no OTA updates. Not exactly thrilled about a new radio :/ This sucks

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
After seeing the quality of this update they should have waited a little longer. Unless they only offshore and/or have 2 or 3 developers with no QA this is just embarrassing.
We drive a few miles a day at best and have to reboot the radio daily 🙄

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
I have tried to connect to wireless for software updates while on R17.89 but no OTA has happened yet. At this point it doesn’t look like R17.99 fixes things so I’m not real confident getting the OTA will even matter. I’m going to let the dealership replace my radio and pray that does something. Otherwise I’ll just shut off the radio and listen to the supercharger whine. At least they can’t mess that up with a software update. (I hope)

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
Well at least Dodge Cares got something right...dealerships are NOT people lol
I really like my dealership (the people who work there have all been amazing) but Dodge/Uconnect support on this issue have been MIA. I get it’s the holidays but weeks have gone by now without replies or a response. Had to reboot my radio twice yesterday on R17.89.. at least the old version was stable it just lacked profiles.

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Will this work on the 21 durango hellcat? I have the fca-my21.r17.73-prod version right now.
I called Uconnect tech support and they said they are no updates available for my Durango? I asked her what about the r17. 89 ? she said her system does not show anything.
On my current version ,Android auto keeps disconnecting and I cannot take vehicle out of valet mode. I will probably try this download if it's compatible with the Hellcat version
If it helps I used this file on my 2021 Durango Hellcat. It’s very poor quality but it looks like you are on 17.73 so it might be an upgrade over that. The R14 release mine came with was more stable just lacking features.

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
What do you mean by poor quality? I think this update will fix the valet mode issue & Android auto issues and hopefully allow OTA updates? It this just as simple as just inserting into USB porton and then it will prompt me on what to do?
On 17.89 I have yet to get an over the air update and I am now rebooting my radio several times a day to get CarPlay and other functions to work. I am going to get the radio replaced to see if it helps but I had very few stability issues on the original software (from June until mid December I rebooted the radio maybe twice, after the update in mid December I’m easily in the 30 reboots range.)

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
Dealer replaced my radio just now…. Came with old R14 version which I found out when I went to leave. 🤦 Went back in to figure out why it’s not updated (reason for the new radio in the first place) and the tech can’t seem to get the update to work. (Stuck at 16% he says) been here 3 hours now. 🤷‍♂️

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
I loaded up R17.89 when I got home without issue (my guess is the young tech (who didn’t quite understand what “formatting fat” is) is doing something wrong. The “Wi-FI unavailable” error is gone on the new radio so maybe I’ll see an OTA update now.

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
OTAs are pushed randomly it may take some time to see it. I still havent gotten it, although I dont drive the truck too often...
Honestly this entire thing is leaving a horrible taste in my mouth. I was considering picking up a RedEye to park next to the Durango Hellcat but I may take a look at some other stuff now. DodgeCares seems to be MIA and the Uconnect team seems entirely clueless on this disaster. I guess we should all feel lucky we are getting any updates at all.

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
The thought occurs to me that if they can't get the Uconnect to work right what can we expect from their upcoming electric vehicles??????????
Same.. the entire experience will rely on the entertainment system. Since the power train is the same thing that every other car will be offering the UI/infotainment stuff has to be better than everyone else.

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
Well, my screen went unresponsive... has been that way for 30 minutes. how did everyone fix it? Tried rebooting while driving by holding the power button down. No luck. Maybe when we go back out to the car after dinner it will be working....
The only time I had a black screen I would still see pop ups when I turned the heat off/on so I hit the radio power button and it turned on. :/

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
I also have a question: do I have to have enabled my car's 4G system to get the OTA updates? If I don't have a separate data plan for my car, do I have to connect uconnect to my phone's wifi hotspot?
from what I’ve been told by Uconnect no. Dodge can use the cellular modem without us having a hotspot data plan configured. I think it has something to do with the Uconnect service plan so if your outside of the initial Uconnect subscription and not paying for it I probably wouldn’t expect any future updates but since we are all new vehicles we all should have the Uconnect subscription active. If anyone knows different please correct me.

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
I actually have had that happen a few times. I use track nearly every time so I didn’t pay too much attention before the update but after the 17.89 update it takes a long time for the SRT mode page to load so I just double tap to get it out of auto and into custom. It’s definitely lost my settings because I’ve set them to all track and they have reset at least 2 times now.

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
Hey all,

Just picked up my new 2021 durango rt. Have it for 2 days and today I get the following message appear every time I start the car.

I called unconnect and they are unable to help. Told me to go to the dealer. Anyone can suggest how to maybe disable the wifi? Or anything else that can help without going to the dealer.

Thanks!
Same nonsense I have, radio replaced. Update to 17.89 but still get the error every time I start the car. I also noticed the Uconnect reports don’t update in my app anymore (2+ months ago was last update)

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
I also can't bring up weather. It never loads.

Any other suggestions? At this point I think the dealer won't even help.

This really sucks. I just turned in my 2018 durango and at this point I miss it. Didn't have any issues with it.
No suggestions on my end, I have to make another appointment with the dealership to see if they can fix the WiFi issue 😞

· Registered
Durango Hellcat
402 Posts
no way, our tesla's software shits all over the dodge as much as I love it lol
This is what people should be paying attention to with this EV future. If dodge can’t manage software they are going to absolutely fail in an environment where the software takes center stage.

I heard from Uconnect today and the 99 update hasn’t even been pushed for my vehicle so I shouldn’t expect an OTA for some time I guess. I love my DDHC but Dodge (Uconnect?) really needs to get their stuff together.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts