Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 845 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would start this thread to see what issues people are running into. I'm sure many of these will be worked out quickly but wanted to see is others are having the same issues I am.

1) Yesterday, my screen became completely unresponsive. It would not acknowledge any screen touches. This went on for 5 minutes and continued after a reboot of the system. Eventually it just started working on its own again. It started when my apple car play started up.

2) Performance pages are glitchy. They seem to crash when I select the certain performance page I want to view. Without fail, the G Force page crashes and reverts to the home page every time I click on it.

3) I am unable to add more than one profile. I called Uconnect and they said an update will be pushed out soon to add up to 5 profiles. Is everyone having this issue?

4) Screen not dimming when headlights are on while using apple carplay. It seems like its on full bright even when headlights are on only when on the car play screen.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I believe the update is now available, it popped up on mine on Saturday. I postponed it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ours just wouldn't turn on one time when we started the 21 RT. Shut the durango completely off, locked, unlocked, started again and it's been fine since.

I do see an option for creating a second profile but haven't actually tried to do so just yet. Perhaps will give it a shot tonight and see what happens.

·
Registered
2021 Durango R/T TnG F8 Green Blacktop
117 Posts
While taking our road trip to Ouray around Christmas, we did experience a weird glitchy shut down followed by a reboot, but haven't experienced that again. It was like the power was shorting out for a brief second, and then off.

1) While mine hasn't been unresponsive for that duration, I seem to experience where my screen is "picky" with my touches. I haven't taken off the protector yet (still pretending in my mind its a brand new vehicle), so that may be my problem.

2) I experience the exact same thing. GForce will come up if I am standing still at a light or something, but while moving it will crash back to the Performance Pages home.

3) I have been watching you ask for this and always forget to try when I get into the DD. My wife has had her phone connected in device manager, and we have the button 2 phones checked, but I am sure you're talking about the profile for each which is what I have done plus more, IIRC. So I am a bonehead as I keep forgetting to do this. Ugh. Sorry.

4) This is not my experience. My screen dims impressively, and I saw that the first night I drove the DD home. I cannot remember if I toggled a setting, or if it was that way by default. I am leaning to default that way, but I honestly don't remember.

5) My Apple CarPlay is kind of a PITA and it is a little frustrating. Until the weird glitchy shut down thing, I remember it very responsive and connected very fast. Since then (but not consistently) it has behaved weird. If it doesn't automatically connect immediately, I can switch to the device manager mode and watch it spin the red circle like it is trying, but sometimes I have made it all the way to work (20 min) without a connection. On occasion it will ask me to make sure the device has CarPlay enabled, and in range, but I change nothing on my iPhone between times--CarPLay is enabled and BT is on, etc. What I notice is weird is that sometimes the WiFi on my iPhone has an "android 12345" named connection (I didn't get the numbers correct--going from memory) and the bluetooth for UConnect is not connected. Other times, it keeps connecting to the UConnect Bluetooth and there is no WiFi connection. There is no real rhyme or reason that I have discovered yet, as when it does connect I just drive along happy. Once connected Apple CarPlay works fairly well. Every now and then the music will glitch for a fraction of a second but then keeps playing. Aside from that, I can't complain as it does what it should.
The connection is what bothers me. I have even tried having it do CarPlay via USB 1, but I still see very similar results. I have tried just doing music via Bluetooth, then pushing the CarPlay button to get it to connect CarPlay with mixed results. My phone is an iPhone X, but it is updated and otherwise has no issues that would indicate it is a phone based problem for the connection. Anyone else seeing #5?

I did see one night as I pulled into the garage an update that it said was available, but I shut the DD down without pressing buttons, so I don;t know if it took or not.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I figured I would start this thread to see what issues people are running into. I'm sure many of these will be worked out quickly but wanted to see is others are having the same issues I am.

1) Yesterday, my screen became completely unresponsive. It would not acknowledge any screen touches. This went on for 5 minutes and continued after a reboot of the system. Eventually it just started working on its own again. It started when my apple car play started up.

2) Performance pages are glitchy. They seem to crash when I select the certain performance page I want to view. Without fail, the G Force page crashes and reverts to the home page every time I click on it.

3) I am unable to add more than one profile. I called Uconnect and they said an update will be pushed out soon to add up to 5 profiles. Is everyone having this issue?

4) Screen not dimming when headlights are on while using apple carplay. It seems like its on full bright even when headlights are on only when on the car play screen.
While taking our road trip to Ouray around Christmas, we did experience a weird glitchy shut down followed by a reboot, but haven't experienced that again. It was like the power was shorting out for a brief second, and then off.

1) While mine hasn't been unresponsive for that duration, I seem to experience where my screen is "picky" with my touches. I haven't taken off the protector yet (still pretending in my mind its a brand new vehicle), so that may be my problem.

2) I experience the exact same thing. GForce will come up if I am standing still at a light or something, but while moving it will crash back to the Performance Pages home.

3) I have been watching you ask for this and always forget to try when I get into the DD. My wife has had her phone connected in device manager, and we have the button 2 phones checked, but I am sure you're talking about the profile for each which is what I have done plus more, IIRC. So I am a bonehead as I keep forgetting to do this. Ugh. Sorry.

4) This is not my experience. My screen dims impressively, and I saw that the first night I drove the DD home. I cannot remember if I toggled a setting, or if it was that way by default. I am leaning to default that way, but I honestly don't remember.

5) My Apple CarPlay is kind of a PITA and it is a little frustrating. Until the weird glitchy shut down thing, I remember it very responsive and connected very fast. Since then (but not consistently) it has behaved weird. If it doesn't automatically connect immediately, I can switch to the device manager mode and watch it spin the red circle like it is trying, but sometimes I have made it all the way to work (20 min) without a connection. On occasion it will ask me to make sure the device has CarPlay enabled, and in range, but I change nothing on my iPhone between times--CarPLay is enabled and BT is on, etc. What I notice is weird is that sometimes the WiFi on my iPhone has an "android 12345" named connection (I didn't get the numbers correct--going from memory) and the bluetooth for UConnect is not connected. Other times, it keeps connecting to the UConnect Bluetooth and there is no WiFi connection. There is no real rhyme or reason that I have discovered yet, as when it does connect I just drive along happy. Once connected Apple CarPlay works fairly well. Every now and then the music will glitch for a fraction of a second but then keeps playing. Aside from that, I can't complain as it does what it should.
The connection is what bothers me. I have even tried having it do CarPlay via USB 1, but I still see very similar results. I have tried just doing music via Bluetooth, then pushing the CarPlay button to get it to connect CarPlay with mixed results. My phone is an iPhone X, but it is updated and otherwise has no issues that would indicate it is a phone based problem for the connection. Anyone else seeing #5?

I did see one night as I pulled into the garage an update that it said was available, but I shut the DD down without pressing buttons, so I don;t know if it took or not.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
DodgeCares

Reactions: mopar_guy

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
DodgeCares
Hello Alison. Unfortunately I don't have time this week to stop by the dealer this week. I am going to try to tolerate it until an update is issued. As for the issue with the missing "Add Profile" button, can you confirm that this is indeed a known problem and you can only have one user profile for the time being?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Alison--

@DodgeCares --Is there benefit (I assume yes) to the vehicle ownership community to have the dealer investigate our errors to utilize them to improve the system? Would you be able to expand on what that would entail? Specifically how much time it may take at the dealer?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have two phones paired with my Uconnect--Iphone 12 Pro (personal) and Samsung S20+ (Work). These are issues I have experienced in the month of owning it:

1. Sometimes the volume for the music doesn't work. Switching sources doesn't do anything (Sirus, FM, bluetooth). I have switched to my Iphone and then the volume works. I then switch back to my Samsung (I prefer Android Auto) and everything works fine.
2. I have only had the screen being not responsive happen one time. I turned off the Durango, opened the door, closed the door and restarted it and everything was fine.
3. One night, I couldn't get the Uconnect to connect to either of my phones. It keep dropping the connection, would reconnect, within 30 seconds drop the signal and the repeat over and over and over and over...........
4. I can't comment on the performance pages--I don't use them.

These are the only issues I have had so far.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hello Alison. Unfortunately I don't have time this week to stop by the dealer this week. I am going to try to tolerate it until an update is issued. As for the issue with the missing "Add Profile" button, can you confirm that this is indeed a known problem and you can only have one user profile for the time being?
Hi, thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, I cannot confirm that over the internet. I would recommend making an appointment when you're able to and reaching back out so I can get a case started for you.

Alison
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
231 Posts
Alison--

@DodgeCares --Is there benefit (I assume yes) to the vehicle ownership community to have the dealer investigate our errors to utilize them to improve the system? Would you be able to expand on what that would entail? Specifically how much time it may take at the dealer?
Hi! Yes, there is a benefit to having your concerns diagnosed by the dealership. Once you are able to make an appointment for your concern then I will be able to get a case open for you. This case allows us to track concerns with the vehicle and alert our internal teams when a concern needs to be addressed. Unfortunately, the time needed at the dealership would depend on the concern as well as the dealership itself. I would recommend reaching out to them and seeing if they could give you an estimated timeline.

Alison
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have two phones paired with my Uconnect--Iphone 12 Pro (personal) and Samsung S20+ (Work). These are issues I have experienced in the month of owning it:

1. Sometimes the volume for the music doesn't work. Switching sources doesn't do anything (Sirus, FM, bluetooth). I have switched to my Iphone and then the volume works. I then switch back to my Samsung (I prefer Android Auto) and everything works fine.
2. I have only had the screen being not responsive happen one time. I turned off the Durango, opened the door, closed the door and restarted it and everything was fine.
3. One night, I couldn't get the Uconnect to connect to either of my phones. It keep dropping the connection, would reconnect, within 30 seconds drop the signal and the repeat over and over and over and over...........
4. I can't comment on the performance pages--I don't use them.

These are the only issues I have had so far.
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
129 Posts
My issue is that the phones that I have paired with the vehicle intermittently disconnect from UConnect 5, then automatically reconnect. Very frustrating. Alison, I've notified my dealership that when the part they needed to order to fix an error message (present when I went to pick up the vehicle) comes in, I want them to investigate this issue also. Once I get that appointment set up, I will let you know.

Mike

Sent from my S20 Ultra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
My issue is that the phones that I have paired with the vehicle intermittently disconnect from UConnect 5, then automatically reconnect. Very frustrating. Alison, I've notified my dealership that when the part they needed to order to fix an error message (present when I went to pick up the vehicle) comes in, I want them to investigate this issue also. Once I get that appointment set up, I will let you know.

Mike

Sounds good!

Alison
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
231 Posts
Alison, thanks so much for your unsolicited support on this forum! Really appreciate you reaching out and offering to assist.

No problem! I am always happy to help.

Alison
Dodge Cares

Reactions: Mr. G

·
Registered
129 Posts
I believe the update is now available, it popped up on mine on Saturday. I postponed it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still don't get an update notification, and when I plug my VIN into the UConnect "check to see if your software is up to date" website, it says I'm up to date. Wonder if it has to do with build date? In any event I don't have the option for more than one profile. For those that have added additional profiles - does it tie UConnect preferences as well as eat and mirror adjustments to the profile?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I dropped mine at the dealer today to have them take a look. The service rep told me that their service manager is an electronics guru and will be looking into it personally. I also had a very slight leak in my rear window I’m having them look at, but hopefully I will update here this afternoon with any news.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I dropped mine at the dealer today to have them take a look. The service rep told me that their service manager is an electronics guru and will be looking into it personally. I also had a very slight leak in my rear window I’m having them look at, but hopefully I will update here this afternoon with any news.
Any updates or info from this visit to the dealership?

Also, is anyone else seeing improved reliability of their phone to UConnect 5 connection the more you drive it? Mine seems to not be dropping off anymore, but haven't done more than a 10-15 minute drive in the past week, so may not mean it's gotten better.

1 - 20 of 845 Posts