Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pulled the trigger on a new 2020!
Trading in the 2013 RT, still have my 05 SLT, love the DDs can you tell?
Is there an intake available yet to utilize the hood scoop? Haven't found one yet, seems an obvious mod to do.
Anyone done an exhaust or tune yet?
How does the performance suit everyone so far?
I'm sure it's satisfying as is for a family vehicle, but the mod bug is coming nonetheless.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not a performance mod, but the first thing I did to my 2020 Durango GT (Octane Red, like yours) was swap out the interior lights to LED. Well worth the modest time and money involved:

Quantity 7:
194 LED Bulb - 6 SMD LED Tower - Miniature Wedge Base | Super Bright LEDs
This 194 LED bulb replaces many traditional bulbs including 194, 168, and 912 bulbs. The plug-and-play bulb has a miniature wedge base and is available in cool white. It can be used for many applications in your car, truck, van, or SUV, including dome, trunk, hood, map, and footwell lights.
www.superbrightleds.com
www.superbrightleds.com

Quantity 1:
921 LED Landscape Light Bulb - 10 SMD LED Tower - Miniature Wedge Retrofit - 177 Lumens | Super Bright LEDs
LED replacement bulbs can fit numerous outdoor and landscape applications, such as step lights, deck lights, driveway lights, path lights, gazebo lights, and paver lights. This 921 bulb replaces a variety of traditional bulbs, including 194, 168, and 912 bulbs. It has 10 LEDs (5630 SMD) that are...
www.superbrightleds.com
www.superbrightleds.com

Quantity 4:
6612F Vehicle Vanity LED Light Bulb - (1) SMD LED Fuse Lamp - 3022 Base - 30mm | Super Bright LEDs
LED replacement bulbs can fit numerous vehicle applications such as sun visor vanity lights, map lights, footwell lights and trunk lights. This 6612F LED bulb replaces a variety of traditional bulbs including 6614F and 6641 bulbs. The 30-mm bulb has 1 LED (5050 SMD) on a rectangular PCB (printed...
www.superbrightleds.com
www.superbrightleds.com

I used the YouTube video from Headlight Revolution as a guide. Not as easy as the video shows, but I took my time, didn’t break anything, and the results were excellent!

Replaced the 4 vanity lights in the mirrors.
The 2 overhead map lights which are switchable by pressing on the lense.
The 2 footwell lights.
The 2 dome lights (middle row and third row). I used the brighter bulb for the 2nd row.
The 2 cargo area bulbs.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on a new 2020!
Trading in the 2013 RT, still have my 05 SLT, love the DDs can you tell?
Is there an intake available yet to utilize the hood scoop? Haven't found one yet, seems an obvious mod to do.
Anyone done an exhaust or tune yet?
How does the performance suit everyone so far?
I'm sure it's satisfying as is for a family vehicle, but the mod bug is coming nonetheless.

View attachment 109117
Congratulations! And welcome to the forum! Looks very similar to mine.

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
Funky D:
Congrats on your 3rd D! I am on my second. Neither were bought new, but I was very satisfied with both. I like that color, and will add that to my list of colors when I do replace my current '04.

Don

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Don Fox
The new Octane Red pearl is stunning for sure.
I might have gone for destroyer grey or the new green if it was only up to me ;)
The dealer ended up jacking us around, long story about them trying to get it from another dealer and fell through.
I just got it tonight after a bit of a fight.
But it drives amazingly well, just effortlessly even compared to the 13rt. I recommend!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thanks Don Fox
I might have gone for destroyer grey or the new green if it was only up to me ;)
The dealer ended up jacking us around, long story about them trying to get it from another dealer and fell through.
But it drives amazingly well, just effortlessly even compared to the 13rt. I recommend!
I had a 13 R/T too as well as an 04 and 08 Limiteds. My 2019 R/T drives much better than my 13 R/T did. I think the biggest difference is the 8 speed transmission. It is much better than the transmission in the 13. The suspension in my 19 R/T is a little softer too. My 13 R/T had a stiff ride.

Octane Red is an awesome color. As soon as I saw it I knew it was the color I wanted.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
If I were to trade up from my '14 the only thing I would add is the stitched dash. That would be a must for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Don Fox
I’m looking at pulling the trigger on my first DD in the next several months. Gonna have to order it at it doesn’t seem like any dealership has what I want: octane red, blacktop, awd and pretty much every other option. My wife likes Destroyer Gray but it reminds me of primer, and I feel that the non-metallic paints are fads and won’t age well (just my opinion, don’t mean to offend), and F8 green looks better on cars than it does on a large vehicle like a Durango.Reactor Blue only looks good in sunlight....I wish they still offered B5 blue....

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
LOL! "reminds me of primer"
You're right too!
I have seen one car that I did like it on. A Challenger T/A...but 1/2 the car is satin black..so the primer grey blends well with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2018 R/T, I have a K&N Cold Air Intake, Jet performance chip and I removed the mid muffler. Sounds great and it moves, no more throttle lag and the pedal commander helps as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats on the new DD. I just got one as well. Yes its Destroyer Gray
Aka (primer) to some of yall lol. Just got it back from being ceramic coated and ceramic tint. New to the group and looking forward to all the conversations!
20200418_162256.jpg
20200522_162158.jpg
20200522_162158.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice! I placed my order the Monday after Easter so we’ll see how many months it takes for Dodge to build. Dealership said 60-90 days but with the Rona shutting everything down, I’d be happy to get it by my birthday in September. Looking fwd to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey BMX, what did that ceramic coat set you back?
It was $850.00 for ceramic coat.
But of course the tacked on $300.00 for cleaning detail polish clay bar all that stuff. Also got ceramic tint which was $425.00. Hopefully it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
It's one of it not my favorite color Dodge makes. I saw a Challenger just ceramic coated in that color and it looked so damn deep. Congrats on it man, she's sweet.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
It was $850.00 for ceramic coat.
But of course the tacked on $300.00 for cleaning detail polish clay bar all that stuff. Also got ceramic tint which was $425.00. Hopefully it's worth it.
Sweet man. I think the ceramic coating are well worth it. I suggest finding out what brand they used so you can get the maintain sprays. You can however use other brands like Adam's polishes or Griots Garage but it's always nice to use the same brand as the coating.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts