Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined!

I'm looking at buying a 2019 GT and I'm not sure about the base 6-speaker (with 8.4" screen) stereo system. Is this the Alpine system in the GT models? I noticed that there is no indent in the under-floor storage bin in the cabin area. The 2018's with the Beats did have the indent, which I assumed was the subwoofer.

Can anyone shoot me some info on this base system and if it has decent sound quality? Should I be looking for one that has the box (indent) in the storage bin? Can/should I just swap out the factory speakers with some Polks or something? Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I should indicate on the sticker if it has the upgrades alpine system? I believe the alpine system is a 9 speaker system. The sub is in the storage compartment in trunck area under the flip open deck

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should indicate on the sticker if it has the upgrades alpine system? I believe the alpine system is a 9 speaker system. The sub is in the storage compartment in trunck area under the flip open deck

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. It doesn't have the sub in the trunk area. I just need to figure out how big a deal that is; I haven't taken this particular one on a test drive yet.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,721 Posts
Pull the build sheet according to the VIN. It'll give you the rundown on options you have. The Alpine is a 9 speaker system.

The build sheet won't necessarily say it's Alpine but if an amplifier is listed you have the upgraded audio. Base audio runs the speakers directly off the radio.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pull the build sheet according to the VIN. It'll give you the rundown on options you have. The Alpine is a 9 speaker system.

The build sheet won't necessarily say it's Alpine but if an amplifier is listed you have the upgraded audio. Base audio runs the speakers directly off the radio.
‘where would one pull the build sheet using the VIN

·
Registered
2014 DD Limited 5.7, 2016 Challenger HC, 2018 DD R/T
2 Posts
Try here and use capital letters 👍🏼

1 - 6 of 6 Posts