Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall. I bought my wife a 2019 Durango R/T last November. I'm stoked to have a full Hemi stable now! And I absolutely love the Durango. It's comfortable and looks bad ass. But I have to admit that the power feels a little flat. Just judging by the seat of my pants, my 2017 Ram 1500 is faster than the Durango. I understand the 5.7's in the trucks have a higher power output due to taller intakes, but I figured lugging the truck around would negate that extra horsepower. Anyway, I'm just browsing around for some performance mods to pep up the Durango R/T a bit. I'd freaking love to put that bad ass hood scoop to actual use and make it a functional intake scoop, not just a vent. Any other ideas for mods that aren't too radical???

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume your 1500 has 3.92 gears?
I think it's actually got the higher ratio (3.60, I think)

And it's not just the acceleration, it's the power curve. The truck just feels solid all the way through 5000rpm or so. The Durango just feels flat from like 3500 to 5000.
Admittedly, these are pure guestimations. Just judging by the seat of my pants. Haven't done any actual analysis to see where the power is.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I believe the trucks have a dual runner intake which is why you feel the power stays steady while the Durango falls flat. You can add the dual runner intake from the 6.4L. It takes a bit of wiring, but that helps the low end.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe the trucks have a dual runner intake which is why you feel the power stays steady while the Durango falls flat. You can add the dual runner intake from the 6.4L. It takes a bit of wiring, but that helps the low end.
Brilliant. Thanks for the pointer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts