Dodge Durango Forum banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Im having a discussion on the FB group regarding the weight of the oem 20x10, some seems to believe they're anywhere from 23-27lbs...however, when i ask wheel sellers im being told the 9173s weigh ~30lbs and Goliath's about 38-40lbs. What say you guys?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #122 (Edited)
According to my wheel vendor the 9173s weigh approximately 29 lbs. Also according to him other SRT wheels are 4 to 5 pounds heavier with the Goliath's being the heaviest. My guess is that 38 lbs isn't out of the question for the Goliath wheels. Unfortunately I didn't weigh my 9173s before having the tires mounted on them, but I can say handling both the 9173s with the 295/45/20 tires and my OEM 20 x 8 wheels with 265/50/20 tires that the SRT wheels and tires don't weigh any more than the OEM R/T wheels and tires do. In fact they may weigh slightly less.

In my opinion 23 pounds is very light for a 20 x 10 wheel, even if it is forged. I've had several sets of 18" and 19" forged wheels on the Z cars I've owned and those ranged from 19 pounds to 26 pounds depending on the size and width.

·
Registered
168 Posts
According to my wheel vendor the 9173s weigh approximately 29 lbs. Also according to him other SRT wheels are 4 to 5 pounds heavier with the Goliath's being the heaviest. My guess is that 38 lbs isn't out of the question for the Goliath wheels. Unfortunately I didn't weigh my 9173s before having the tires mounted on them, but I can say handling both the 9173s with the 295/45/20 tires and my OEM 20 x 8 wheels with 265/50/20 tires that the SRT wheels and tires don't weigh any more than the OEM R/T wheels and tires do. In fact they may weigh slightly less.
Yeah, im not sure how they came up with the Goliath's weighing 27lbs

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Update. After one of my rear CCI caliper covers came off and was destroyed I upgraded to CCI's new X-Line caliper covers.

·
Registered
577 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Most likely, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
are are you saying your guy can get a set of OEM, true OEM SRT or jeep trackhawk rims, at a good price?? I think I saw something about 1600$? this is very tempting if so and can you share his info?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
are are you saying your guy can get a set of OEM, true OEM SRT or jeep trackhawk rims, at a good price?? I think I saw something about 1600$? this is very tempting if so and can you share his info?
I'm not sure what his current price is for just the wheels, but I paid around $1,650 for a set with TPMS a couple of years ago. Joe Volpe at the Wheel Exchange is who I purchased mine from. And yes they are OEM SRT wheels. He specializes in OEM wheels. Personally, I'd just buy the wheels and not go with the OEM runflats in favor of something else. Joe's number is 586-441-0827.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Check FB market for the wheels also....Just last night while browsing I came across a few sets all $1k-$1600 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

121 - 129 of 129 Posts