Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not find much information on where to set a floor jack and jack stand while lifting the front of a Durango, so I thought I would post a few pictures I took of the lift points I use when I am lifting the front of my 2018 SRT Durango.

The pictures are pretty self explanatory but I place my floor jack pad under the end of the cross member bolted to the subframe, right behind the designated front lift point (arrow on rocker panel). Once the vehicle is lifted, I place a jack stand (with pinch weld adaptor) under the designated front pinch weld lift point.

Reactions: mamasboy

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
I would suggest you not use that point for jacking., Here are some threads to read. I had to replace bothe brackets because they were used to jack the 5500lb SUV.

https://www.dodgedurango.net/threads/drivers-side-front-end-creaking.70118/#post-713550

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would suggest you not use that point for jacking., Here are some threads to read. I had to replace bothe brackets because they were used to jack the 5500lb SUV.

https://www.dodgedurango.net/threads/drivers-side-front-end-creaking.70118/#post-713550
Hes not using those brackets.

Thanks for the post and pics Booky. Helps me out. Need to find me some of those pinch weld adaptors

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Did you even read the post or look at the pictures???

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
I sure did and you can do anything you want, I was just warning you.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I sure did and you can do anything you want, I was just warning you.

You do realize the bracket mentioned in those threads you posted is completely different than the crossmember I am showing in my pictures, right?

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Got it you're on the trans support extension. So why not just jack it up on the pinch weld and use a block of wood just behind that bracket for the jack stand?

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
I bought the SUV used, the owner before me or where ever he had it serviced bent the bracket.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My apologies Steve.

Again thanks for all the info Booky. Im a floor jack mechanic too. Since the wife bought her R/T and the little work I have done on it has made me research using floor jacks and stands. Cant bring myself to lifting it by the pinch welds. Those pads are the ticket!. I have used the front lower control arm for jack placement but that leaves no other spot for a jack stand. Anyways thanks again

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got it you're on the trans support extension. So why not just jack it up on the pinch weld and use a block of wood just behind that bracket for the jack stand?

I have used the pinch weld to raise up the vehicle, using a ZL1 addon pinch weld adaptor on top of the floor jack pad (shown below). It was more difficult because you have to maneuver the floor jack and slowly raise it up into position so you do not damage the rocker panel.
Then as Chase300 stated. you can place the jack stand under the subframe.

Lifting from the crossmember/subframe was much easier with no worries of damaging the rocker panel.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I could not find much information on where to set a floor jack and jack stand while lifting the front of a Durango, so I thought I would post a few pictures I took of the lift points I use when I am lifting the front of my 2018 SRT Durango.
Booky could you please show how you lift the rear end of the DD when you get around to it?? Great job!!!

Preben

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Booky could you please show how you lift the rear end of the DD when you get around to it?? Great job!!!

Preben

Sorry it took so long. Rear lift point with jack stand at pinch weld:

And here is where I set up on the Front passenger side, which is the same area as the Front driver side except there is no cross member at this location.

Reactions: pridbor

·
Registered
229 Posts
Saved images for future reference!!

Thanks !!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts