Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the Eibach 0.7" x 1.6" Pro-Kit Front and Rear Lowering Coil Springs? There seems to be no distinction for the "load leveling" shocks that are listed with the stock tow package. Have also been considering either a catback exhaust system or just removing the "suitcase" mid muffler. After extensive video watching and reviews there seems to be an overwhelming lean towards the hack mod over catback, but no discussion of overall satisfaction or factory warranty voids, and certainly no clear winner on brand for catbacks. I'm partial to FlowMaster, but only because that's all I've ever used on Mustang as part of full Basani exhaust and muffler only on Silverado. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Link to springs- https://www.carid.com/2018-dodge-durango-lowering-kits/?filter=1&sub-model[DriveTypeName][]=AWD+%28All+Wheel+Drive%29

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick update, decided to have the "suitcase" cut out and simply replaced with pipe for about $150. Its exactly as most videos and reviews describe: sounds deeper than stock but very mild and only screams when you get on the throttle. I did notice it has a very tinny "blahhh" at the top of the note before shift, not sure if that's a Durango Hemi thing or a byproduct of the "hack"

·
Registered
463 Posts
That’s a result of hacking up the exhaust. Do a cheap mod get a cheap result.

--
2017 Dodge Durango AWD R/T Granite Blacktop

Performance
SRT Air Box, K&N Intake Tube, K&N Filter, Fastman 86mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, 180° Thermostat, Billet Tech Catch Can, Corsa Catback, Grocery Getter Strut Brace, Diablosport Trinity, Jay Greene PCM/TCM Tune

Appearance/Interior
SRT Hood, Gorilla Black Lugs, Luxe Taillight Tint, Front Windows 15% Ceramic Tint, Yellow Fog Lights, Weather Tech Floor Liners, Mopar Grille Emblem, Steering Wheel AUX Buttons, Tazer

DiabloSport Trinity Times 0-60 5.17, 1/4 13.77

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Is it though? I have noticed in several vids of cat back exhaust that it also makes that type of noise (granted, perhaps less or no tin). Essentially, isn't only removing the suitcase the same as a commercial catback system minus the x or h pipe and replacement of the stock cans....

·
Registered
463 Posts

Is it though? I have noticed in several vids of cat back exhaust that it also makes that type of noise (granted, perhaps less or no tin). Essentially, isn't only removing the suitcase the same as a commercial catback system minus the x or h pipe and replacement of the stock cans....
Far from the same. The tinny is the lack of muffler. I did this hack and got home and ordered the Corsa. Removing the muffler sounds cheap and like total shit imho.

--
2017 Dodge Durango AWD R/T Granite Blacktop

Performance
SRT Air Box, K&N Intake Tube, K&N Filter, Fastman 86mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, 180° Thermostat, Billet Tech Catch Can, Corsa Catback, Grocery Getter Strut Brace, Diablosport Trinity, Jay Greene PCM/TCM Tune

Appearance/Interior
SRT Hood, Gorilla Black Lugs, Luxe Taillight Tint, Front Windows 15% Ceramic Tint, Yellow Fog Lights, Weather Tech Floor Liners, Mopar Grille Emblem, Steering Wheel AUX Buttons, Tazer

DiabloSport Trinity Times 0-60 5.17, 1/4 13.77

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone installed the Eibach 0.7" x 1.6" Pro-Kit Front and Rear Lowering Coil Springs? There seems to be no distinction for the "load leveling" shocks that are listed with the stock tow package. Have also been considering either a catback exhaust system or just removing the "suitcase" mid muffler. After extensive video watching and reviews there seems to be an overwhelming lean towards the hack mod over catback, but no discussion of overall satisfaction or factory warranty voids, and certainly no clear winner on brand for catbacks. I'm partial to FlowMaster, but only because that's all I've ever used on Mustang as part of full Basani exhaust and muffler only on Silverado. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Link to springs- https://www.carid.com/2018-dodge-durango-lowering-kits/?filter=1&sub-model[DriveTypeName][]=AWD+%28All+Wheel+Drive%29
Any updates on the springs?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update? I have 2018 R/T and want to change LL to non. Not really getting any straight forward answers on what is best. I hear Mopar is way to go, but the parts numbers people post for shocks are not for 18

·
Registered
115 Posts
my 2018 has the Eibach lowering springs. We did have to replace the rear load leveling shocks with just standard ones. But it's a great ride and feels no different than stock really.

·
Registered
463 Posts
besides eibach, what other springs/shocks would yield the lowest stance before going with airbags?
Blackops has a different set. Also you might be able to use JSRT springs, but I would confirm with blackops that they will fit and not cause issues since the SRTs have adjustable shocks.

2018 Diamond Black Durango SRT

·
Registered
1 Posts
Doubt you guys will see this 3 years later, but i cut out the two back mufflers on my 15 RT and left the suitcase and that shit sounds excellent. After hearing people with their suitcase removed it sounded to idk..slappy, but ill be honest for a cheap cut and weld i think that shits totally worth it if you werent looking to drop on an exhaust

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.