Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help. Dealer no help.
3 months ago fuel pump needed replacement, check engine light came on, code came on, fuel pump replaced under mopar warranty.
2 months ago had same issue 3 times in 2nd month, I start ignition, cranks for 5-7 seconds shuts off, this time no check engine light and no code when I had the Durango towed on a flatbed to the dealership. They told it might take a couple of days, They called me and said it started up no problem. I brought the car home.
One week later same issue. Brought it to dealership 2nd time on a flatbed explained the situation. They took and told me it should take a couple of days and again they said it started up right away. I’m like what the heck???, the dealership guy took my vehicle home drove it back and forth to work added 50 miles he said no issue. Checked odometer.
One week later again same issue, got stuck at work, had to be towed off work premises, again 3rd time on a flatbed, the guy dropped me off. I thought about it and I pushed the start button and it “magically” started.
Dealership said if the check engine light doesn’t come on or they can’t duplicate the problem they can’t help me.
They had no appointment for a month so now it’s been 1 month I can’t use the Durango.
In total 3 month nightmare. So now if I tow it back, I bet my bottom dollar it’ll start.

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
Mrcon:
Welcome to DDN. How many miles on your Durango? It's good that you have a warranty. A dealer repair has a 12mo/12k warranty, so these rubes are still on the hook for it.
Telling a customer there is nothing they can do, is pure idiocy. I get the fact that a non presenting issue can be tough to fix. Beyond that, they were supposed to fix it, and they have not. I would remain polite but firm, and tell them their work is not done yet. I would certainly reach out to corporate customer service, and explain your situation. They need top step up, or you should be able to got to another dealer.

Don

Reactions: Mrconfuseu2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mrcon:
Welcome to DDN. How many miles on your Durango? It's good that you have a warranty. A dealer repair has a 12mo/12k warranty, so these rubes are still on the hook for it.
Telling a customer there is nothing they can do, is pure idiocy. I get the fact that a non presenting issue can be tough to fix. Beyond that, they were supposed to fix it, and they have not. I would remain polite but firm, and tell them their work is not done yet. I would certainly reach out to corporate customer service, and explain your situation. They need top step up, or you should be able to got to another dealer.

Don
Vehicle has 40,500 miles

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Vehicle has 40,500 miles
Call Dodge and open a CAIR case and tell your dealer to open a STAR case.
Then take off one day and use that time to call everyone you can at Dodge complaining and escalating until you get somewhere.
Sad but this is what is needed to be done in todays world of screw the customer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alrighty got the Durango back from the shop, made a case number, (thank you vice-white), luckily it didn’t start when I got there.
Issue was they had to replace fuel tank harness and body side connector. They found connector I6602A to have a burnt pin.
Dealer showed me connector.
Parts they replaced:
68248424AA
68040486AA

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Alrighty got the Durango back from the shop, made a case number, (thank you vice-white), luckily it didn’t start when I got there.
Issue was they had to replace fuel tank harness and body side connector. They found connector I6602A to have a burnt pin.
Dealer showed me connector.
Parts they replaced:
68248424AA
68040486AA
I'm glad it seems to have been fixed! Good luck man!

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
Mrcon:
It sounds like they have you back on the road. I hope that the Mopar warranty you spoke of, covered the cost.
It's sad to think that a vehicle in this price class, would have this kind of issue at 4 years and 40k miles.

Don

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 Dodge Durango R/T, has the fuel pump replaced, car drove well for about 2 weeks and then would start, brought the car back to the mechanic they said defective fuel pump, replaced the fuel pump and now they are saying it’s the relay…I know there is a recall on the 2011-2013 Dodge, but now I’m having this issue. Anyone else having this same issue on a similar model? I called Dodge and they documented my complaint and said in the future if it becomes a recall I can seek reimbursement….ugh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts