Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, I think I'm having a voltage issue with my GT. When the AC is on the volts go from 14.5v to 13v then in a few seconds go right back up to 14.5v and when that is happening, you can hear the fans power down and power back up again.

And when I was driving home CLEAR Traffic. I voltage was a steady 13.1v

Am I bugging or did this happen to someone else?

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Steffon:
I would have the battery load tested to rule it out. If it passes, the alternator or section of the PCM that controls it might be in question.

Don

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey gang, I think I'm having a voltage issue with my GT. When the AC is on the volts go from 14.5v to 13v then in a few seconds go right back up to 14.5v and when that is happening, you can hear the fans power down and power back up again.

Hi STEFFONTRR,
Please be sure to keep us posted as you continue to monitor this. If you work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support via PM.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had the exact issue on my 2019. I plugged my obd reader and gave me a code about voltage drop for a while. I took it to the dealer and they said it was both batteries were defective. replaced both of them under warranty

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the exact issue on my 2019. I plugged my obd reader and gave me a code about voltage drop for a while. I took it to the dealer and they said it was both batteries were defective. replaced both of them under warranty
RIP-

Thank you. My Gt is at the dealer now. They said there was no codes but they diagnostics to my car. Hopefully they find something.

-STEFFON

·
Registered
35 Posts
So just brought my 21’ SXT in for a different issue. I also noticed the same thing with the voltage on the battery display. I also checked it with a Fluke meter at idle 12.8 volts. Dealer ran a scan no issues and also told me there is a clutch on the alternator. The alternator will turn on/off per the technician and not to worry about the fluctuations in voltage. I have never heard of that on a alternator but okay. The issue I brought it in for was at hard acceleration the engine seems loud almost like a air intake leak. They did not find any issues. This is a company lease vehicle already put 16k miles on in 6 months! Other than that I really enjoy driving this thing.

·
Registered
357 Posts
So just brought my 21’ SXT in for a different issue. I also noticed the same thing with the voltage on the battery display. I also checked it with a Fluke meter at idle 12.8 volts. Dealer ran a scan no issues and also told me there is a clutch on the alternator. The alternator will turn on/off per the technician and not to worry about the fluctuations in voltage. I have never heard of that on a alternator but okay. The issue I brought it in for was at hard acceleration the engine seems loud almost like a air intake leak. They did not find any issues. This is a company lease vehicle already put 16k miles on in 6 months! Other than that I really enjoy driving this thing.
Hi kmanrocksit,
Glad to hear you are working with your dealer for this concern. If we can be of any additional assistance as you are working with your dealer, feel free to send us a private message. We'd be more than happy to help.

Rob
Dodge Cares

1 - 8 of 8 Posts