Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Those looking to do the “performance/srt” front end swap here is the complete list of things needed and also some tips.

This list may or may not work depending upon which year your durango is (mine is a newer durango 2015) im assuming the entire swap will work for the 2014 and up durangos this will be edited upon confirmation.

Also, there’s a lot of false information out there about this swap so here it is

The parts can be found from various vendors mopar dealership, eastcoastmoparts ( this was the cheapest and who i used). But the part numbers listed can be taken to whomever you choose and ordered from them.

Shipping can be expensive for the hood and i think i spent around $300 in just getting the hood and front bumper parts shipped out.

The bumper and various other parts i ordered from Steve White Motors and spent around $1,400 ($260 was shipping cost)

The hood/ and miscellaneous parts needed i bought from eastcoastmoparts and spent $624 ($60 was shipping cost.. yes it was a glitch but they honored it)

The fog lamps i got lucky and found them on ebay for $129 a piece brand new. They’re much more expensive from the dealership and other vendors AND i found out its the same fog light used on the grand cherokee

Those looking to do just the “performance” hood heres what you need

Hood -
part # 68309501AG

Center hood vent bezel -
part # 68321446AC

Left and right vent bezels -
part# 68309356AB
68309357AB

Heat deflector/silencer -
68309355AD

Pcm cover (protects your under the hood computer from getting wet ) part # 68334597AB

Screws (need 6 total which holds the bezels to the hood) part # 6511229AA

Everything else from your old hood swaps right over to the new hood

Those looking to do the bumper fascia to complete the look you wont need a ton of parts as nothing has changed on the front end really. The following parts are what i found is all thats needed

Bumper cover
part# 6PN54TZZAA

Grille & grill surround
part#68307807AA
68307806AB

Upper bracket left & right
part# 68191930AE
68191931AE

Retainer left & right
part# 68227824AA
68227825AA

The Lower grille has two different options one for if you have adaptive cruise control ( a black ball in the lower portion of your grille, and no adaptive cruise control all grille no black ball in the center). You will only choose ONE of these two below for the lower grille

Lower grille NO ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL part# 68320617AA

Lower grille WITH ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL
part# 68320618AA

Outer grille left & right
part# 68307812AA
Part# 68307813AA

Fog lamp bezel left & right
Part# 68307808AA
Part# 68307809AA

Fog lamps left & right
Part# 68275511AC 68275510AC

Also because the front bumper has front parking sensors you will need nylon hole plugs to cover the holes which can be found at home depot the size is 11/16 and they are a white color (these will need to be painted with the bumper)

Everything else that i have not listed was the same as what i have on my durango now and was not needed . Dealerships will tell you this swap will not work because none of them have done it or only know what their computer tells them . But in all reality nothing has changed on the front end except the bumper cover and the performance hood depending upon what year durango you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omg your totally made my day and clueless female life a piece of cake!! I wrecked my 2014 R/T and instead of paying $6700 out my ass to go back with original front end I decided I’d be better off money wise and a lot happier if I just do the 2019 swap!! Me being clueless my husband acted like he could just order the hood, grill, bumper etc all in 1 wack assuming all the bezels etc would be included, of course I’ve been dying of anxiety, heaven forbid we skimp on putting my pride and joy back together!! I was searching diff sites for hours trying to get a part breakdown of everything ill need instead of half assing it and having to order extra parts that he thought would just come with it, everything in 1 being included from the same parts dealer is way to good to be true!! I also searched the R/T Durango Facebook page looking for some insight and all anyone ever posts is Picts of them done and not all the small parts that go along with installing it correctly!! I just wrote down all parts and part numbers off your post, now am getting ready to search the web to get it all ordered!! Thank You so much for taking the time to share the itemized part breakdown, maybe I can order my own shit instead of leaving up to my husband to screw it up and piss his wife off lmao!!! P.S. So the 1 thing I’m really stumped on is where to locate a full set of headlight assemblies that is black halos with the LED running light strip, all I’ve found is the chrome and light chrome ones that include LED’s I really only need the passenger side but feel more comfortable just getting new set so I don’t have 1 new and 1 used.....Any insight on websites that might have them?? Your a Rockstar ;)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Omg your totally made my day and clueless female life a piece of cake!! I wrecked my 2014 R/T and instead of paying $6700 out my ass to go back with original front end I decided I’d be better off money wise and a lot happier if I just do the 2019 swap!! Me being clueless my husband acted like he could just order the hood, grill, bumper etc all in 1 wack assuming all the bezels etc would be included, of course I’ve been dying of anxiety, heaven forbid we skimp on putting my pride and joy back together!! I was searching diff sites for hours trying to get a part breakdown of everything ill need instead of half assing it and having to order extra parts that he thought would just come with it, everything in 1 being included from the same parts dealer is way to good to be true!! I also searched the R/T Durango Facebook page looking for some insight and all anyone ever posts is Picts of them done and not all the small parts that go along with installing it correctly!! I just wrote down all parts and part numbers off your post, now am getting ready to search the web to get it all ordered!! Thank You so much for taking the time to share the itemized part breakdown, maybe I can order my own shit instead of leaving up to my husband to screw it up and piss his wife off lmao!!! P.S. So the 1 thing I’m really stumped on is where to locate a full set of headlight assemblies that is black halos with the LED running light strip, all I’ve found is the chrome and light chrome ones that include LED’s I really only need the passenger side but feel more comfortable just getting new set so I don’t have 1 new and 1 used.....Any insight on websites that might have them?? Your a Rockstar ;)

Steve white motors sell the front end complete, everything including...I believe.

Check out Carid.com for the headlights or even search FB market area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Awesome thread. Do you think this conversion work in 2013 Model year? Wrecked mine and planning on doing complete frontend conversion

·
Registered
3 Posts
Those looking to do the “performance/srt” front end swap here is the complete list of things needed and also some tips.

This list may or may not work depending upon which year your durango is (mine is a newer durango 2015) im assuming the entire swap will work for the 2014 and up durangos this will be edited upon confirmation.

Also, there’s a lot of false information out there about this swap so here it is

The parts can be found from various vendors mopar dealership, eastcoastmoparts ( this was the cheapest and who i used). But the part numbers listed can be taken to whomever you choose and ordered from them.

Shipping can be expensive for the hood and i think i spent around $300 in just getting the hood and front bumper parts shipped out.

The bumper and various other parts i ordered from Steve White Motors and spent around $1,400 ($260 was shipping cost)

The hood/ and miscellaneous parts needed i bought from eastcoastmoparts and spent $624 ($60 was shipping cost.. yes it was a glitch but they honored it)

The fog lamps i got lucky and found them on ebay for $129 a piece brand new. They’re much more expensive from the dealership and other vendors AND i found out its the same fog light used on the grand cherokee

Those looking to do just the “performance” hood heres what you need

Hood -
part # 68309501AG

Center hood vent bezel -
part # 68321446AC

Left and right vent bezels -
part# 68309356AB
68309357AB

Heat deflector/silencer -
68309355AD

Pcm cover (protects your under the hood computer from getting wet ) part # 68334597AB

Screws (need 6 total which holds the bezels to the hood) part # 6511229AA

Everything else from your old hood swaps right over to the new hood

Those looking to do the bumper fascia to complete the look you wont need a ton of parts as nothing has changed on the front end really. The following parts are what i found is all thats needed

Bumper cover
part# 6PN54TZZAA

Grille & grill surround
part#68307807AA
68307806AB

Upper bracket left & right
part# 68191930AE
68191931AE

Retainer left & right
part# 68227824AA
68227825AA

The Lower grille has two different options one for if you have adaptive cruise control ( a black ball in the lower portion of your grille, and no adaptive cruise control all grille no black ball in the center). You will only choose ONE of these two below for the lower grille

Lower grille NO ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL part# 68320617AA

Lower grille WITH ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL
part# 68320618AA

Outer grille left & right
part# 68307812AA
Part# 68307813AA

Fog lamp bezel left & right
Part# 68307808AA
Part# 68307809AA

Fog lamps left & right
Part# 68275511AC 68275510AC

Also because the front bumper has front parking sensors you will need nylon hole plugs to cover the holes which can be found at home depot the size is 11/16 and they are a white color (these will need to be painted with the bumper)

Everything else that i have not listed was the same as what i have on my durango now and was not needed . Dealerships will tell you this swap will not work because none of them have done it or only know what their computer tells them . But in all reality nothing has changed on the front end except the bumper cover and the performance hood depending upon what year durango you have

I changed everything in the front of my
2016 R/T, but I don’t have any brackets or whatever it is that holds the led fog lights into place. Which parts do I need to complete the install?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I changed everything in the front of my
2016 R/T, but I don’t have any brackets or whatever it is that holds the led fog lights into place. Which parts do I need to complete the install?
I haven’t done the swap, so I’m not 100% sure what you need. Did you buy the fog light bezel?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven’t done the swap, so I’m not 100% sure what you need. Did you buy the fog light bezel?

I bought the entire front end kit from bmc extreme customs. They sent me every last piece I needed to change the front bumper and grill, but I did not receive any screws, bolts, clips or anything that is needed to fasten everything down. By looking at the diagram, I ordered those from mopar wholesale parts, but still haven’t come across what I need for the led fog lights.

·
Registered
6 Posts

..... Dealerships will tell you this swap will not work because none of them have done it or only know what their computer tells them . But in all reality nothing has changed on the front end except the bumper cover and the performance hood depending upon what year durango you have

just to be be clear.... will they fit also all 3rd Gen (2011+) ?

rgdx

21 - 29 of 29 Posts