Dodge Durango Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m interested in purchasing a Mopar 18 Durango but keep finding used ones that never got the performance upgrades(exhaust and lowering springs). Is there a way to correct it or since their used, am I going to have to buy and install the parts myself so I have a true Mopar 18?

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
735 Posts
What performance upgrades are you speaking of? An R/T with the hemi?

·
Registered
4 Posts
What performance upgrades are you speaking of? An R/T with the hemi?
For the 2018 model year, Dodge offered a Mopar package on the Durango’s
It was call a Durango srt Mopar 18
It was a hefty price for the upgrade($7,995).
This is a pic of what you were supposed to get.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'd reach out to the SRT Hotline. They should be able to point you in the right direction, or get you squared away by opening a ticket should you purchase a Mopar '18.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I purchased a brand new mopar '18 off the lot mid 2020.. It also did not have the springs or exhaust installed.. Called srt before making the purchase as the dealership was not aware of any parts. Srt did get the parts installed for me, but as I said I did purchase it new. I also received and redeemed my bondurant srt experience. I have not received the owners kit, nor do I expect I ever will.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I purchased a brand new mopar '18 off the lot mid 2020.. It also did not have the springs or exhaust installed.. Called srt before making the purchase as the dealership was not aware of any parts. Srt did get the parts installed for me, but as I said I did purchase it new. I also received and redeemed my bondurant srt experience. I have not received the owners kit, nor do I expect I ever will.
I've had mine for just over a year now.. Love it! Nobody messes with me in my small town!. All that have have eating alot of dust and had there ears ruined with the exhaust tone as I blow them away! But there is a growing brother hood of muscle as I've seen a few Hell kitties and 392 Chargers around lately! 😁

·
Registered
Dodge Durango SRT Mopar '18 Edition
15 Posts
Been finding a lot of these Mopar 18’s without the Mopar performance exhaust or lowering spring upgrades.
I bought a Mopar '18 in Octane Red off of a dealer's lot last summer. It had the Mopar performance exhaust system and the lowering springs installed by the dealership, prior to my taking delivery. It is a very high-spec car with an original sticker price of almost $84K. I've put just over 10K miles on it and love the car, but now have a Durango Hellcat on order, so at some point my Mopar '18 will be looking for a new owner. PM me if you're interested.

P.S.: The actual production numbers were 181 in Octane Red, 69 in B5 Blue, making 250 in total.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Been finding a lot of these Mopar 18’s without the Mopar performance exhaust or lowering spring upgrades.
Meant to add: the car was brand new when I bought it, so it has the balance of the manufacturer's warranty remaining, plus a further two years that I added. So, depending on when my Hellcat arrives, about a four-and-a-half year warranty which will transfer to the new owner.

·
Registered
2018 Durango SRT Bruiser Gray
248 Posts
I recall hearing that Dodge left the performance exhaust and lowering kit to the dealer to install. Perhaps that was due to some buyers not wanting them. I considered a red one, but the dealer wasn't budging on the price like they did with my "regular" SRT. I would have taken the exhaust but would have passed on the lowering kit. I suspect that some dealers pocketed the money and never told buyers they were owed those add-ons.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I was shopping for a SRT. I stopped at a dealer that had two of them - one had the exhaust and lowering kit and one didn't. They were asking way to much and wouldn't budge at all. Plus both managers used them so they had a few thousand miles, still wouldn't budge.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recall hearing that Dodge left the performance exhaust and lowering kit to the dealer to install. Perhaps that was due to some buyers not wanting them. I considered a red one, but the dealer wasn't budging on the price like they did with my "regular" SRT. I would have taken the exhaust but would have passed on the lowering kit. I suspect that some dealers pocketed the money and never told buyers they were owed those add-ons.
I was thinking the decision to let dealers install the exhaust and lowering kit had something to do with Dodge not wanting to make production changes for such a small run of vehicles. It would have been cheaper to just send the parts with the finished cars to the dealers. But many of these parts did mysteriously disappear from dealerships before they could be fitted.

The dealership I bought my Mopar '18 from had to order all-new springs and performance exhaust from Mopar, since the dealership they acquired it from had "lost" them. If I hadn't been a member of this Forum, I probably would never have known the parts should be on there - and the selling dealership also would have been none the wiser.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought 165 brand new and the parts were never installed. Have SRT on it and waiting to hear their solution. I love the uniqueness of this special edition build especially with two tone factory paint job.
Shit man mine looks just like yours🤣

41 - 54 of 54 Posts