Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
So I didn’t even know the Mopar edition existed.

Back in November I wanted to get rid of the Range Rover I had. I went into a Dodge dealership and was looking at a White Durango SRT. Since this was the first SRT I would of even been in or dodge in fact so I wanted to test drive. Since I am only 19 they didn’t allow me to test drive the vehicle. Understandable. I told them I’ll let my mom drive it (she’s in her mid 30s) and they denied. The sales guy test drove it and I told them I was interested and if we can start to do paperwork. They told me that I couldn’t afford the SRT and offered me a GT. Note this is without running credits or even talking about price. I gave it a few months and was browsing around and the only Durango SRT in b5 blue was the Mopar’18 one. I went in to the dealership in March and test drove and liked it. The total price I paid is $89K. This is with all the stuff the dealer installed such as Permaplate, and some other dumb things. Price includes tax and registration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're only 19!!!???? :clap:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You're only 19!!!???? :clap:
Yes sir. I’m a SUV guy, chargers and challengers are nice but I need something big. Jeep didn’t have the 3rd row so had to get the Durango!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Saw a couple at my dealer in red and I can't justify the extra $8000 for a painted hood and a couple Mopar badges.
I fully agree with you on this I dont see how FCA justified extra $8000 for that. For all that they couldve added another 100hp for that price. Shouldve made it more unique like a different color scheme for the exterior n interior.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I fully agree with you on this I dont see how FCA justified extra $8000 for that. For all that they couldve added another 100hp for that price. Shouldve made it more unique like a different color scheme for the exterior n interior.
It’s a low run special edition, economies of scale go out the window. The exhaust alone is almost $2,000 without installation. $6k for paint, interior, and the owners kit which includes a ton of stuff isn’t really that bad.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It’s a low run special edition, economies of scale go out the window. The exhaust alone is almost $2,000 without installation. $6k for paint, interior, and the owners kit which includes a ton of stuff isn’t really that bad.
I totally get that but 6k for some black paint, interior aint no different from the regular SRT interior except it says M on the seats which aint nothing to do. You have the limited edition placard. Springs n Exhaust I get that part but everything else not justified.

The window sticker said 82k for that limited edition Durango SRT thats 3K shy of Trackhawk territory now.

I'm happy for the guy that purchased his limited edition he is apart of the DDSRT Club. I want to see more on the streets.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Service Manager gave me a call on Tuesday afternoon and told me that he got the Exhaust and Springs already... he told me to take it in on Thursday (today) to have them installed.

I dropped of the Durango and he said it should be ready for pickup tomorrow morning. I asked him if they will be doing an alignment and he told me they would “see if it needs it”.

Reactions: Don Fox

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Exhaust and springs were installed. Dealer came all the the way to my house to drop off the SRT exhaust and springs. Anyone near Downey, CA that wants to buy the SRT Exhaust?

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I didn’t even know the Mopar edition existed.

Back in November I wanted to get rid of the Range Rover I had. I went into a Dodge dealership and was looking at a White Durango SRT. Since this was the first SRT I would of even been in or dodge in fact so I wanted to test drive. Since I am only 19 they didn’t allow me to test drive the vehicle. Understandable. I told them I’ll let my mom drive it (she’s in her mid 30s) and they denied. The sales guy test drove it and I told them I was interested and if we can start to do paperwork. They told me that I couldn’t afford the SRT and offered me a GT. Note this is without running credits or even talking about price. I gave it a few months and was browsing around and the only Durango SRT in b5 blue was the Mopar’18 one. I went in to the dealership in March and test drove and liked it. The total price I paid is $89K. This is with all the stuff the dealer installed such as Permaplate, and some other dumb things. Price includes tax and registration.

I'm wondering how I would have felt at 19 years of age, to even have considered an 89 thousand dollar vehicle, heck even now at 74, I turned down a pretty good deal on a new 2018 SRT because it was just over 70k out the door and instead, opted for an RT 2wd which was many thousands less. But hey, if you happen to need a surrogate grandpa???

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello fellow Mopar'18 owner here 135-250! Nice to meet another Mopar owner! Mine had the performance package already installed when I purchased it. So I didnt have to dick around with my dealer! I don't know how it was before install but I love the sound of it. an handling is great!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just bought 165 brand new and the parts were never installed. Have SRT on it and waiting to hear their solution. I love the uniqueness of this special edition build especially with two tone factory paint job.

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just bought 165 brand new and the parts were never installed. Have SRT on it and waiting to hear their solution. I love the uniqueness of this special edition build especially with two tone factory paint job.

Awesome photo and Great looking DDSRT.

·
Registered
51 Posts
apeas2
Does your have the sun roof can't tell by photo? Other wise a mirror image of mine! ?

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Did you get your parts installed , I am having the same problem but to complicate it my dealer is out of bussines. who did you talk to?

21 - 40 of 54 Posts