Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just recently purchased a 2018 Dodge Durango SRT Mopar'18 in B5 Blue. My Durango is #78 of 250. I bought it in mid March and have just noticed it does not have the Mopar Performance Exhaust. When I bought the vehicle I was talking to the sales guy and he was aware that the Mopar'18 came with a different exhaust, springs, color scheme and different badges. I've been busy working so I didn't even notice the exhaust was the SRT one. I received a birth certificate from Mopar and a trophy. The Birth Certificate does show it having the Mopar Exhaust and Performance Springs. I am now wondering if the Performance Springs were even installed. I thought that FCA installed these but turns out the dealer is paid to have these installed BEFORE selling the vehicle. I am not sure if I should contact the dealer directly or give Mopar a call.

Reactions: 1BADR/T

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I'm no expert but I think the dealer put that "mopar" edition together...not FCA....There was no "special edition" of the 18 dsrt...but you could order the mopar parts and have the dealer do the work..

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'm no expert but I think the dealer put that "mopar" edition together...not FCA....There was no "special edition" of the 18 dsrt...but you could order the mopar parts and have the dealer do the work..
Yes there is.
Dodge made 250. Available in octane red And B5 Blue. Come to the dealer with all badging, paint work, and seats. The exhaust and lowering springs were shipped loose and installed at the dealership. It’s a 7K option that is listed on the window sticker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Wow, this is the first time I'm hearing of this.
Sounds like someone got "special" parts delivered and installed them somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Yes there is.
Dodge made 250. Available in octane red And B5 Blue. Come to the dealer with all badging, paint work, and seats. The exhaust and lowering springs were shipped loose and installed at the dealership. It’s a 7K option that is listed on the window sticker

thanks for the clarification....did that run throughout 18..I ordered new and my dealer never mentioned this mopar edition...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spoke to the dealer today. They are not sure of what I am talking about. They said they will call me back after they investigate.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
If you don’t hear back soon, call The SRT number

Where do I find the SRT #? The sales guy directed me to the Service Advisor. I just found this form online and haven’t sent to them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update: Service Advisor called me yesterday evening and told me they received the email from Mopar about the exhaust and springs needed to be Installed. He claims that they never received the parts and will be contacting them. He will update me when he gets a word from them.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I am curious as to when the car was built and shipped to the dealer? It's likely been sitting around their lot for a while....I wonder if somebody else is driving around with your exhaust and springs on their non-Mopar edition SRT.....

Also, what does your BOS say? 2018 Durango SRT and the VIN number, or 2018 Durango SRT MoPar Edition and the VIN number? Either way it seems to me that you should be entitled to the Mopar edition as advertised.....but it could get interesting if FCA says that the parts were delivered with the car, and the dealer decides to say that they delivered what is on the BOS.

I suspect that FCA will make it right....but then you gotta ask yourself if you want this (seemingly clueless) dealer tearing your exhaust and suspension apart......

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am curious as to when the car was built and shipped to the dealer? It's likely been sitting around their lot for a while....I wonder if somebody else is driving around with your exhaust and springs on their non-Mopar edition SRT.....

Also, what does your BOS say? 2018 Durango SRT and the VIN number, or 2018 Durango SRT MoPar Edition and the VIN number? Either way it seems to me that you should be entitled to the Mopar edition as advertised.....but it could get interesting if FCA says that the parts were delivered with the car, and the dealer decides to say that they delivered what is on the BOS.

I suspect that FCA will make it right....but then you gotta ask yourself if you want this (seemingly clueless) dealer tearing your exhaust and suspension apart......
My vehicle was a Show room vehicle. Indeed it was just sitting there. Once the porter took it out of the show room everyone started clapping and shouting finally lol. I have attached my window sticker. The Mopar’18 was just a $8k option, only select dealers received some and only 250 were made in the red and blue both in US and Canada. The factory didn’t install the exhaust or springs for any of the 250, fca/Mopar paid the dealership that got these to install them. I’m sure the dealer ship should know how to... I think the dealer might of sold the parts or installed on a vehicle they maybe “modified” themselves to sell?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Saw a couple at my dealer in red and I can't justify the extra $8000 for a painted hood and a couple Mopar badges.
So I didn’t even know the Mopar edition existed.

Back in November I wanted to get rid of the Range Rover I had. I went into a Dodge dealership and was looking at a White Durango SRT. Since this was the first SRT I would of even been in or dodge in fact so I wanted to test drive. Since I am only 19 they didn’t allow me to test drive the vehicle. Understandable. I told them I’ll let my mom drive it (she’s in her mid 30s) and they denied. The sales guy test drove it and I told them I was interested and if we can start to do paperwork. They told me that I couldn’t afford the SRT and offered me a GT. Note this is without running credits or even talking about price. I gave it a few months and was browsing around and the only Durango SRT in b5 blue was the Mopar’18 one. I went in to the dealership in March and test drove and liked it. The total price I paid is $89K. This is with all the stuff the dealer installed such as Permaplate, and some other dumb things. Price includes tax and registration.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts