Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2018 DD R/T AWD
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So, I have a 2019 GT Plus, pretty loaded up but no tow package. I pulled apart the LR interior quarter panel trim only to discover that the grey plug did not have the green wire (coming from the brake controller harness). I then went under the drivers side dash only to find out there is no plug for the brake controller either. Which makes sense if there was no line in the back. I wish I had checked that first instead of wasting 2 hours pulling apart the whole back half of my vehicle. So, not all Durango’s are created equal. Now I have to figure out how to wire in the brake controller harness. The brake pedal switch is definitely not a 12V old fashion, it’s using small signal sense wires in it.
Crap. Sorry, man. I should have noted that my writeup only applies to 2018 and older (not sure how much older). In reading other threads on this forum I saw that some or all 2019s had their wiring harness changed along with the addition of a factory brake controller (for tow pkg equipped vehicles). I think you will find your answer with some detective work on the forum.

·
Registered
2018 DD R/T AWD
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So, I have a 2019 GT Plus, pretty loaded up but no tow package. I pulled apart the LR interior quarter panel trim only to discover that the grey plug did not have the green wire (coming from the brake controller harness). I then went under the drivers side dash only to find out there is no plug for the brake controller either. Which makes sense if there was no line in the back. I wish I had checked that first instead of wasting 2 hours pulling apart the whole back half of my vehicle. So, not all Durango’s are created equal. Now I have to figure out how to wire in the brake controller harness. The brake pedal switch is definitely not a 12V old fashion, it’s using small signal sense wires in it.
You'll want to have a look at this thread which may contain the information you are looking for.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts