Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have a 2017 v6 durango and very sporadically when I push the start button, it takes a while for it to "connect" and start up fully. All power is on when I press the start button, it's like it doesn't have full power when trying to turn on. It makes noises like its trying to connect and then it does. Maybe 8 seconds or less. It was only doing it a few times, now its at least once a day, all different times - no rhyme or reason of when it happens. Had the starter and battery test, perfect. It has 54,000 miles. Just had the oil changed this week. WHAT COULD IT BE? I dropped it off at Dodge Service, of course, didn't happen when there, so they couldn't find anything. It's doing it daily now; no lights are on either. I just need some direction of where to start looking or what to do.

THANKS! :)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
As long as it's intermittent, you're going to have a rough time tracking it down. My THEORY would be a loose, or corroded connection someplace, making/breaking contact. And the key-word there is 'Someplace'.
At this point, if mine, I would check the main buss connector at the ECM. Also in the "power distribution center" (fancy name for the fuse box) under the hood, I would check the following fuses for loosness, signs of burning/melting, or corroded fuse blades;
F-07, (30A pink fuse, serving the Starter Motor Solenoid.
F-51 (15A Blue fuse, for Ignition Switch/ Wireless Control Module/Keyless Entry Module).
Nothing found, I would start looking around for other obvious signs of "chewing"/chafing/burning/melting along the harness. I've heard of common issues with squirrels and other rodents being attracted to the soy-based wire insulation car makers are now using (they EAT the wires ns!) along with the fact that they like to nest in warm places this time of year.. Wouldn't surprise me one bit, if you find a "nest" under the PDC, ECM, top shroud, or other hiding place.
EDIT: Pic of the PDC fuses.
Dodge-Durango-2011-2018_en14-fuse-box-diagram.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Ok I will start with all of these!! Thank you!! Ill post what I find. I live in Houston so it’s not too cold here :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts