Dodge Durango Forum banner

121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Nice! Driving impressions compared to stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No comparison. From the first turn of the wheel and acceleration it’s night and day difference. Steering is more responsive in any setting on UConnect. Feels solid, tight, no body roll.

I do have upgraded sway bar endlinks and will be replacing front sway bar bushings with polyurethane as well.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Which end links do you have that work with these? I plan on getting BWoody end links but I’m not 100% they’ll work with aftermarket sways.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Aura OPT7 Underglow (BT controlled)

Mostly just wanted it for the door assist feature. Mounted on 1/8” ABS with zip ties and 3M double sided tape. All wiring is enclosed with split loom and electrical tape. BT controller is located in the passenger footwell.

Front

Rear

Side

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Pioneer DMH-WT7600NEX
OEM Radio Bezel
DUR1-KIT (media hub only)
iDatalink Maestro RR2
iDatalink Maestro SAT1
SiriusXM SXV300v1
METRA 40EU10 Antenna Adapter

Custom relay board mounted by the battery to run the 3 programmable outputs from the Maestro RR2. Video demonstrates the RR2 activating an output when vehicle is in park and deactivating when in drive. This feature will control my red demon eyes when I install my retrofitted headlights.

Module behind the radio need to be relocated.

Test fitting

Black ABS plastic shelf to house components and extra wiring. It’s a tight fit behind the new headunit body.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Radio Replacement continued...

Relay board for 3 programmable Maestro RR2 outputs and 12VDC to 5VDC step down to provide a charging port to the media hub since my headunit only has 1 USB output

Video of demon eye demonstration:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 · (Edited)
Performance hood being wrapped in 3M 2080 Gloss Black Metallic G212 to match the factory paint. Vents have been painted gloss black and clear coated. Leaving the underneath redline red to match the theme of the Durango! New PCM cover as well! Install pics to follow.

Original look

Videos:

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Durango RT AWD
81 Posts
Great idea to wrap it instead of painting👍. Paint color has deterred me from pulling the trigger on a couple of these hoods

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Great idea to wrap it instead of painting. Paint color has deterred me from pulling the trigger on a couple of these hoods
Thanks! I can now sell it to someone with either body color! Can always paint underneath a gloss black if needed. I haven’t seen the hood in person yet but I think the red under the hood will look really great and unique. Plus the hood insulator (black) will break up the red a lot.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
AEM AFR wideband 02 sensor partly installed. Gauge and Banks Power mounting pod. Have to extend to wiring harness for the 02 sensor to reach all the way past the x pipe

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Durango RT AWD
81 Posts
Working on the next mod...power folding side view mirrors.

What program are you using to activate this function? Is it the same program used to activate the short runner valves on the intake manifold?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 · (Edited)
Swift Spec-R Lowering Springs

Retained ALL factory shocks (load leveling in the rear). All brand new MOPAR isolators, mounts, bump stops and bellows.

Rear

Front

Finished specs measuring from the ground to center of the fender flare. Just the initial drop. Have not driven the DD yet.
Front OEM spring: 32.75”
Front Swift spring: 31.75”
Rear OEM spring: 33.5”
Rear Swift spring: 32”

Before

After

Also changed the front caliper bracket bolt from etorx to hex head

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Performance Hood installed

Originally painted Redline Red but wrapped the top in 3M 2080 Gloss Black Metallic (G212) to match factory paint. Small pop of color under the hood. Hood bezels painted gloss black. Xpel on the wrap edge where it meets the paint.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi
115 Posts
Wanted to finally introduce myself and my new to me black Durango R/T. Been “researching” a Durango for almost 2 years and finally purchased one 3 weeks ago. I come from a heavily modified 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora V8. A huge thanks to all those who have gone before me and allowed me to see your upgrades/mods!!! Much appreciated

Here are some pictures and mods already completed. I can’t leave anything alone!!

*Red SRT push button
*SRT steering wheel with stitching dyed red

*Corsa exhaust (black tips)
*LUXE dark smoke taillight and third brake light tint

*ZL1 deluxe rock guards (modified to fit flush to fenders)

*Yellow H11 LED foglight bulbs

*Amber 3156/3157 LED turn signal bulbs

*White 920 LED reverse light bulbs

*Uniden R3 radar detector hardwired with mirror taps

*Kagu 3D Max floor mats (front, 2nd row, 3 way fold cargo)

*Black lug nuts

*Door edge guard protection film

*20% front window tint

Future plans
-Audio build
-Windshield 5% sun strip

Nice Durango, I also came from a Oldsmobile it was a 2003 Bravada with the Vortec 4200 had 180,000 on the clock till the frame decided to give way, had basically no body rust, for a truck that was in the salt belt it's entire life i was impressed. It's also possible the Zebart undercoating that was applied every year caused moisture to be trapped on the frame causing the rust, either way it was a great truck.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi
115 Posts
This is the bleach method. Takes a while...like days. I’ve also tried doing interior trim pieces like the air vent chrome trim and the easy off nor bleach isn’t working. I’m trying muriatic acid at the moment to see if that works.

Easy off heavy duty oven cleaner did NOT work!!

I Used Meguiar's scratch x but you have to rough up the surface a bit to get the clear protectant film off, then the chrome comes off with a towel and a dab of scratch x.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Power folding mirrors installed

DDRT Power Folding Mirror Swap

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Build update

AEM AFR Wideband Gauge completely installed. It is OBD2 compatible and talks directly to HPTuners VCM Scanner.

O2 Sensor installed after the x pipe so I didn’t have to run dual banks.

Kooks 1.75” longtube headers and catted midpipes installed. Had to modify passenger side midpipe to Corsa Sport exhaust connection but drivers side midpipe bolted right up. She gives a nice grunt sound now

121 - 140 of 147 Posts