Dodge Durango Forum banner

101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Swapped out the front E20 torx caliper bracket bolts to hex head bolts. Only difference is the width of the flange. I hate how the socket doesn’t fully seat on the torx bolt. Don’t know why FCA puts torx in the front and hex in the back?!?

Also put in titanium brake pad retaining bolts on the front Brembos. Many people in the SRT community have reported failures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Looks good I went with the auxito too just different model. I find their bulbs to be real good quality compared to vleds which I used to buy but much cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0728DYR9H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_Q8-XFbZEZ422A?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
The bulbs you linked have almost the same lumen output as the ones I linked so we both have chosen good performing bulbs I was trying to increase my lumens since I have the dark smoke tint overlays on my racetrack.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Do you have an update on your retrofit? I plan on opening mine up and just swapping out the projectors to g5 brt so i can keep my stock d3s bulbs/ballast. Also regarding your Brembos, did you buy those new? noticed you listed some FS used just wondering why you didn't keep those. I've already bought the same strut bar and sway bar end links, coming back to your thread makes me want to spend more

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Do you have an update on your retrofit? I plan on opening mine up and just swapping out the projectors to g5 brt so i can keep my stock d3s bulbs/ballast. Also regarding your Brembos, did you buy those new? noticed you listed some FS used just wondering why you didn't keep those. I've already bought the same strut bar and sway bar end links, coming back to your thread makes me want to spend more
I will be starting my retrofit shortly as I have hard evidence the new 2021 Durango LED headlights will not fit previous year models without the new 2021 front fascia and front fenders

I’m swapping to a projector (RX350) that will accept D2S bulbs (wayyyyy more options) and my custom Hella ballasts with variable wattages (35W/45W/55W) for increased output.

I originally purchased a set of pre 2018 Brembos off a JGCSRT from eBay. They were used and needed to be re powdered coated and rebuilt. Got them for a decent price. After I had ordered and received those and was shopping around for a company to powder coat them I found a complete set of brand new Brembos post 2018 when they removed the crossover brake line from the rear calipers to an internal crossover line like the front. Technically 2018 DDSRT did not come with rear Brembo calipers with the crossover tubes, only the JGCSRT. So in true fashion it’s the little things that matter to me. While many Jeep parts swap over to the Durango I wanted it to be a little more true to the brand. I sold the JGCSRT Brembos and slapped the brand new Brembos on

It’s hard not to spend money! I’ve got Spec-R lowering springs coming, new Bilstein shocks, and a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Eibach rear sway bar (stabilizer bar).

·
Registered
86 Posts
I will be starting my retrofit shortly as I have hard evidence the new 2021 Durango LED headlights will not fit previous year models without the new 2021 front fascia and front fenders

I’m swapping to a projector (RX350) that will accept D2S bulbs (wayyyyy more options) and my custom Hella ballasts with variable wattages (35W/45W/55W) for increased output.

I originally purchased a set of pre 2018 Brembos off a JGCSRT from eBay. They were used and needed to be re powdered coated and rebuilt. Got them for a decent price. After I had ordered and received those and was shopping around for a company to powder coat them I found a complete set of brand new Brembos post 2018 when they removed the crossover brake line from the rear calipers to an internal crossover line like the front. Technically 2018 DDSRT did not come with rear Brembo calipers with the crossover tubes, only the JGCSRT. So in true fashion it’s the little things that matter to me. While many Jeep parts swap over to the Durango I wanted it to be a little more true to the brand. I sold the JGCSRT Brembos and slapped the brand new Brembos on

It’s hard not to spend money! I’ve got Spec-R lowering springs coming, new Bilstein shocks, and a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Eibach rear sway bar (stabilizer bar).

lol yeah i had my eye on those headlights too couldn't confirm myself but they looked slimmer.

Gotcha, those will look very nice...i was initially going to do a mini d2s but it is much more simple to just go in and swap the projector and keep everything else. Still haven't decided on whether to paint the chrome bowl around the projector.

Well the Brembos look great, they are on my to do list just sucks you need new wheels and new tires gets pricey.

I've also thought about lowering it but me coming from Hondas/Acuras i know it takes a toll on the suspension even done right. May be different on suv's but i told myself i wouldn't lower any vehicle after i sold my acura tl-s

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
lol yeah i had my eye on those headlights too couldn't confirm myself but they looked slimmer.

Gotcha, those will look very nice...i was initially going to do a mini d2s but it is much more simple to just go in and swap the projector and keep everything else. Still haven't decided on whether to paint the chrome bowl around the projector.

Well the Brembos look great, they are on my to do list just sucks you need new wheels and new tires gets pricey.

I've also thought about lowering it but me coming from Hondas/Acuras i know it takes a toll on the suspension even done right. May be different on suv's but i told myself i wouldn't lower any vehicle after i sold my acura tl-s
I’ll be painting every reflector and trim piece that isn’t black....black. Of course I’m going to do a test of how the turn signal and DRL looks first with the chrome stripped. I’m not too worried about the turn signal output but I think the DRL will be significantly affected. If it is I’ll just tint the inside DRL cover lens.

If you put Brembos on and want to do it right then new wheels yes but some people are putting their stock tires on a 20x10 SRT wheel. I couldn’t find a shop to do that for me seeing a 265 tire is recommended by most tire manufacturers to fit at most a 9.5” wheel. Could always go with a 20x9” wheel?!? The cheap way is stock wheels and tires with a 1.25” spacer. I wasn’t willing to do that!

I had my 01 Oldsmobile Aurora lowered. I changed out the front struts a couple of times of the course of 9 years. I never had any other issues. I think the drop with Eibach or Swift Spec-R isn’t as extreme as my previous vehicle so I’m hoping for good results. If need be I’ll upgrade the struts to Bilstein which will be a little more robust than OEM.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I’ll be painting every reflector and trim piece that isn’t black....black. Of course I’m going to do a test of how the turn signal and DRL looks first with the chrome stripped. I’m not too worried about the turn signal output but I think the DRL will be significantly affected. If it is I’ll just tint the inside DRL cover lens.

If you put Brembos on and want to do it right then new wheels yes but some people are putting their stock tires on a 20x10 SRT wheel. I couldn’t find a shop to do that for me seeing a 265 tire is recommended by most tire manufacturers to fit at most a 9.5” wheel. Could always go with a 20x9” wheel?!? The cheap way is stock wheels and tires with a 1.25” spacer. I wasn’t willing to do that!

I had my 01 Oldsmobile Aurora lowered. I changed out the front struts a couple of times of the course of 9 years. I never had any other issues. I think the drop with Eibach or Swift Spec-R isn’t as extreme as my previous vehicle so I’m hoping for good results. If need be I’ll upgrade the struts to Bilstein which will be a little more robust than OEM.

So i got quoted a ridiculous 350 to open up the lights and swap out the projectors, so i'm in search of a used headlight to see how hard it would be. I've done a retrofit before but man these lights are pricey and would hate to mess anything up.

I would not run spacers, couldn't trust them on a car let alone an suv.

I ran coilovers on both my civic and acura tl-s always had issues with camber even with aftermarket control arms.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
So i got quoted a ridiculous 350 to open up the lights and swap out the projectors, so i'm in search of a used headlight to see how hard it would be. I've done a retrofit before but man these lights are pricey and would hate to mess anything up.

I would not run spacers, couldn't trust them on a car let alone an suv.

I ran coilovers on both my civic and acura tl-s always had issues with camber even with aftermarket control arms.
If they want $350 to do a projector swap for a pair of headlights I’d question that! What projector are they putting in? Most reputable companies doing retrofits charge $700 minimum for just a projector swap. Don’t get scammed out of your money.

To open the headlights I’ve found you need to bake them for 10 minutes at 230 degrees and do this 3-4 times to fully open them up. You need to go in stages because of the adhesive used to seal them up. Pry a little, reheat, pry a little, reheat, etc.

I’ve ran a 5mm hub centric to wheel centric spacer before with no issues. It’s not much but I wouldn’t trust anything really over 1/2”. To much wear and tear on suspension components.

My Swift Spec-R springs are coming this week! No alignment issues I’ve seen of with these on stock suspension. Keeping my fingers crossed otherwise I’ll get a camber kit for the front and control arms in the rear if needed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If they want $350 to do a projector swap for a pair of headlights I’d question that! What projector are they putting in? Most reputable companies doing retrofits charge $700 minimum for just a projector swap. Don’t get scammed out of your money.

To open the headlights I’ve found you need to bake them for 10 minutes at 230 degrees and do this 3-4 times to fully open them up. You need to go in stages because of the adhesive used to seal them up. Pry a little, reheat, pry a little, reheat, etc.

I’ve ran a 5mm hub centric to wheel centric spacer before with no issues. It’s not much but I wouldn’t trust anything really over 1/2”. To much wear and tear on suspension components.

My Swift Spec-R springs are coming this week! No alignment issues I’ve seen of with these on stock suspension. Keeping my fingers crossed otherwise I’ll get a camber kit for the front and control arms in the rear if needed.

He's charging that for just the work i'm providing the projectors(g5-brt), butyl, and brackets. The projectors are good i've seen some output shots from a guy on FB who put them on his DD SRT to keep stock hid kit. I'll see if i can find some shots . I just think that's a little too much for what needs to be done.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
Stole some pics...here's how the output should look once complete
Nice output! Gotta love a sharp cutoff

I opened two headlights in about 90 minutes. To take all the guts out and put a projector in probably another 30 minutes. So another 60 minutes for the pair. Then to put everything back in the headlights and seal them up...at least another 60-90 minutes. So he wants probably in that $75-$100/hr range. I know you are providing the materials but labor is always the most expensive. I think that’s honestly a good price as long as it’s quality work! 7 years ago I charged a guy $700 to do a projector swap, halos, wiring and custom painted bezels (not a Durango). Took me probably about 8 hours of actual working time. He supplied all the materials.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice output! Gotta love a sharp cutoff

I opened two headlights in about 90 minutes. To take all the guts out and put a projector in probably another 30 minutes. So another 60 minutes for the pair. Then to put everything back in the headlights and seal them up...at least another 60-90 minutes. So he wants probably in that $75-$100/hr range. I know you are providing the materials but labor is always the most expensive. I think that’s honestly a good price as long as it’s quality work! 7 years ago I charged a guy $700 to do a projector swap, halos, wiring and custom painted bezels (not a Durango). Took me probably about 8 hours of actual working time. He supplied all the materials.

Thanks, i will see if i can get a cheap light to try it myself....if it doesn't go well i will reach out to him.

·
Registered
164 Posts
New front driver and passenger sill plate scuff moldings as well as the rear liftgate sill plate scuff molding. This is an upgrade in my opinion from the aluminum insert ones. They just get scratched up and we’re already scratched when I purchased the vehicle otherwise I would have put clear protective film on.

This is nice! I can't stand the stainless/chrome or whatever scuff plates as they look like crap now on my 3 year old Durango. Do you have the part numbers for the black scuff plates and where did you get your rear cargo mat?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
This is nice! I can't stand the stainless/chrome or whatever scuff plates as they look like crap now on my 3 year old Durango. Do you have the part numbers for the black scuff plates and where did you get your rear cargo mat?
The part numbers are in the pictures if I remember correctly. I don’t have them handy right now.

The rear cargo mat is Maxpider 3D Kagu. https://www.autoanything.com/cargo-liners/3d-maxpider-kagu-cargo-liner

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Eibach Trackhawk Sway Bar Upgrade

Toughest part was dropping the exhaust. Also took a little longer because the first attempt I installed it backwards. Who knew the Eibach letter was supposed to be upside down

OEM Top/Eibach Bottom

OEM Measurements

Eibach Measurements

New hardware for the sway bar bracket

Done!

101 - 120 of 147 Posts