Dodge Durango Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Nothing earth shattering but installed a block plate on my shifter so it can’t be accidentally bumped into the manual mode. It doesn’t work anyways but a service shifter error does show on the dash since I originally had a rotary dial shifter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nothing earth shattering but installed a block plate on my shifter so it can’t be accidentally bumped into the manual mode. It doesn’t work anyways but a service shifter error does show on the dash since I originally had a rotary dial shifter.

Where did you get the plate from? As you know I changed swapped my shifter as well. Would like to do the same with the plate.

Follow my IG -> @fastwagn

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Well... I was successful with two pieces of trim wrapped in matte black vinyl. The other trim pieces are sitting in a bleach bath.

Overhead rear climate console

Front center console rear trim

Also pulled the door handles and trim but was unsuccessful wrapping in vinyl. Trim piece is in the bleach and handles are going to be painted.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
[mention]keegantimber [/mention]

[mention]keegantimber [/mention]

My Son purchased the same exact tires for his 2010 Audi S4. The issue with them is they don't hold tire dressing at all. We even tried Adam's Polishes Tire Armour and that just sunk into the rubber. Strangest Tires I've ever seen.
I haven't seen them dressed in any of your pic's I'm wondering if you have the same issue?

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Have you tried Pledge furniture polish?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I haven't seen them dressed in any of your pic's I'm wondering if you have the same issue?
I have not yet used any products to shine the tires. I have a couple different products to try and I’ll report back.

I had the same tires on my old car and it held the tire gel fine. I, however, have shied away from the gel products as they just fling excess onto the body panels and make a mess.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
It's not real slimmy shine, just a nice even black matt.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Pulled out the center console bezel and disassembled to wrap it or paint it. Got it wrapped so now I don’t have to strip the chrome and paint.

Before:

After:

61 - 74 of 74 Posts