Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Gloss black strut tower brace installed. Had to make one modification on the passenger side strut tower and remove a stud that would not allow the brace to sit flat. The brace is technically for a JGC WK2 (according to eBay seller).

Stud being removed:

Finished product:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Got a couple small goodies in the mail.

Going to make oil changes easier with fumoto oil drain valve and replacing front E20 caliper bracket bolts with regular hex head bolts. Why the front bracket bolts are E20 torx is beyond me!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Pedal Commander installed (PC31 w/ BT). After a quick drive around the subdivision I like the Sport +2 setting. Can’t wait to see what it’s like on the highway Much better throttle response. No lag between pushing the pedal and acceleration

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Revion Autoworks amber delete

Reflective Concepts gloss black/reflective DODGE emblem grill overlay

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Cracking open a donor headlight to begin practicing for a retrofit

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Curious how easy it is. Want to blackout my chrome housing HIDs. Would you share your pics please?

This is as far as I got. I’ll have more pictures soon!!

I have a makeshift “oven” made from a cardboard box and use my Wagner heat gun as a heating source. I put the heat gun on high and heated the headlight a total of 3 times leaving it in the box 15 minutes each time. The sealant used is more of a silicone/rubber than a butyl. I used a combination of a mini flat head screwdriver and a small pry bar. Once the seal was broken at a corner it was easy to pull apart with my hands.

“Oven”:

Here are the pry tools:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Mopar decals in Matte Black on rear windows. Pictures are just of drivers side

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Brembo brake conversion....

Part 1

Wheels: 20x10 et+50 OE Performance Spider Monkey Replicas (p/n 029137GB)
Tires: Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 295/45/20

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Fumoto F106 drain valve installed. Oil changes will be so much easier with 3/8” I.D. tubing attached to the nipple.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Took some leftover Revion Autoworks headlight eyebrow/amber delete tint and put it over the side view mirror turn signals.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey bud. Hope you can help me out with your opinion. Wife wanted black wheels on her D when truck shopping but settled for a great deal on her black R/T which came with granite coloured wheels. So now we are wheel shopping ( still...).
Im suggesting moving up to the 20x10 wheel and up to the 295 45s.....basically for looks and the stance
Shes having a tough time with the idea the 295s are only just over an inch wider than the 265...and wont notice much diff in appearance and handling.
Did you notice much of a difference in stance looks or appearance? Will i be in the doghouse if i come home with 295's and she cant see a diff ??
I have shown her the pics you posted...thanks for that...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
@keegantimber I really like the look of the wider wheel/tire setup, however, I wish I could have found a wheel with a lower offset without having to get a custom wheel made. Somewhere between a +32-40 offset with the 20x10 wheel would be perfect. Performance wise I don’t really feel any difference.

Once I make my new rockguards and not have the wheels/tires stick out past the fenders it will grow on me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I wish someone made widebody fender flares, like the challenger wide body kit, for the Durango. With 3D printers & all the tech available today, maybe someone can make them. Anyone?

·
Registered
90 Posts
@keegantimber I really like the look of the wider wheel/tire setup, however, I wish I could have found a wheel with a lower offset without having to get a custom wheel made. Somewhere between a +32-40 offset with the 20x10 wheel would be perfect. Performance wise I don’t really feel any difference.

Once I make my new rockguards and not have the wheels/tires stick out past the fenders it will grow on me.

Thanks for the response. Sent you a PM. Hope you dont mind

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I decided that converting over to the Durango SRT front fascia, rear lower valence, side skirts and fender flare moldings just to make my new wheels and tires look more flush was not worth the cost. So I decided to start making some new rockguards based off my current rockguards.

This new rear rockguard is wider to accommodate the 20x10 +50 wheel and 295/45/20 tire setup and will extend up into the wheel well even with the center of the wheel. It will be made with 1/8” ABS just like the original rockguards. Haven’t started on the new front rockguards yet.

And for those who are following this thread....yes, I have multiple projects happening simultaneously due to waiting on other materials to finish already started projects. As of this post I have in the works the headlight retrofit, Brembo brake conversion (waiting on the proper rear hydraulic hoses, banjo bolts and copper washers) and new rockguards.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 74 Posts