Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to finally introduce myself and my new to me black Durango R/T. Been “researching” a Durango for almost 2 years and finally purchased one 3 weeks ago. I come from a heavily modified 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora V8. A huge thanks to all those who have gone before me and allowed me to see your upgrades/mods!!! Much appreciated

Here are some pictures and mods already completed. I can’t leave anything alone!!

*Red SRT push button
*SRT steering wheel with stitching dyed red

*Corsa exhaust (black tips)
*LUXE dark smoke taillight and third brake light tint

*ZL1 deluxe rock guards (modified to fit flush to fenders)

*Yellow H11 LED foglight bulbs

*Amber 3156/3157 LED turn signal bulbs

*White 920 LED reverse light bulbs

*Uniden R3 radar detector hardwired with mirror taps

*Kagu 3D Max floor mats (front, 2nd row, 3 way fold cargo)

*Black lug nuts

*Door edge guard protection film

*20% front window tint

Future plans
-Audio build
-Windshield 5% sun strip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
Did you post with Tapatalk/Android? .... I can not view your pictures with Tapatalk. Just researching a problem.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Added the newer center wheel caps and put red overlay decals on.

Also started removing the contents of the rear cargo area to make room for a custom subwoofer enclosure and amp rack.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Installed the ThinkWare Dash Cam Q800 Pro with the rear view camera (2ch setup). Ran all the wires along the passenger side headliner to the lift gate and passed the cable through the factory grommets for a clean install. Grabbed B+ (constant), switched power (acc/run) and ground in the passenger kick panel.

I don’t trust anyone...driving or parked.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bass knob location under drivers seat on a custom ABS bracket using factory bolt and screw locations.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I don't know how I missed this thread. Anyway found it now I love the idea with the new center cap insert with the red inlay you did. LOL funny I was thinking about doing the exact same thing. The one on my 2017 R/T say's Dodge and when I looked closer at the newer wheels and saw the Dodge R/T strips I thought I'd rather have that then the Dodge ones. The Red inserts I wished they came that way instead of just all black. Did you make them or did you buy them? Curious as I want to pick up the new center caps and do that mod.
Cool man removing the 3rd row for a sub and amp area is awesome. If I was going to upgrade the sound system in mine I would do the same thing. I'm planning on getting the light weight style mod to mine by removing the spare tire and 3rd row in favor of the light weight spare and storage boxes that go in the 3rd row area.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The one on my 2017 R/T say's Dodge and when I looked closer at the newer wheels and saw the Dodge R/T strips I thought I'd rather have that then the Dodge ones. The Red inserts I wished they came that way instead of just all black. Did you make them or did you buy them? Curious as I want to pick up the new center caps and do that mod.
Cool man removing the 3rd row for a sub and amp area is awesome. If I was going to upgrade the sound system in mine I would do the same thing. I'm planning on getting the light weight style mod to mine by removing the spare tire and 3rd row in favor of the light weight spare and storage boxes that go in the 3rd row area.
@mantis - I purchased new OEM center caps off eBay and they red hashes are vinyl overlays also from eBay. You can get the vinyl overlays in any color you want basically so if you are going for a theme on your vehicle it’s nice to match.

No 3rd row delete for my subwoofer/amplifier setup. It’s all under the cargo area where the factory sub was located. The subwoofer box was make to the profile of the trunk floor to maximize space. Made some risers for the cargo lid so it still locks and doesn’t rattle when pounding the bass. The only thing I’d change is using a black piece of ABS under the Pioneer amp and not the white. Can’t see it but I know it’s there and my OCD kicks in!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did a little upgrade to the remote start/alarm system:

Firstech Compustar FT-DC3-LC
iDatalink ADS-THR-CH10 Harness
Pro T12 RF Remote Kit
Compustar AlarmIt Kit
Drone Mobile LTE DR-5400

Wanted to extend the range of the remote start and have confirmation with a 2-way setup. OEM key fob still works with this setup.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts