Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,370 Posts
Anything is possible. I hope not, but it would be a clue.

Don

·
Registered
11 Posts
If the alternator is doing it's job, the car should have continued to run once the cables were removed. Hook the jumpers back up, let the jump vehicle idle for 5-7 minutes before you try to start it, Then, give it a whirl. IF it starts, leave the cables on, and observe. There might also be some kind of partial short drawing the battery down. Did they check for any electrical draw when the vehicle was off?
We changed the alternator because it was bad and also changed the battery cause it was leaking acid so, new alternator new battery and still nothing, the car won’t start

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,313 Posts
Do you have any dash lights/messages/warnings?

·
Premium Member
3,370 Posts
If it does nothing, then that main 140 amp fuse may have blown. The fact that the alternator was bad at such a low mileage is troubling. It going bad may have damaged the battery, as well as other associated pieces/parts.

Don

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
This is the Fuse I was referring to for the previous post. It's somewhere near or in the Fuse box under the hood on the passenger side I believe. Near the Jump Post? Item #1.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Mopar Part No.:68089468AA
BLOCK-FUSE

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mopar Part No.:68089468AA
BLOCK-FUSE
I'm having a similar issue, but outside of trouble starting...I can start, but sometimes it takes many pushes of the start button...the vehicle will also bog down on me when idling and the interior lights will dim in and out, main display on dash when initially starting and backup camera will take longer than normal to display

Had to dealer multiple times...they changed both my regular battery and the main fuse and it fixed the issue for several months but just starting back up again in past couple weeks...not sure if it's coincidence or not but seems to be more troublesome at higher condensation times with the starting of the DD

21 - 29 of 29 Posts