Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please confirm the cylinder numbering?

I.E. front to back, passenger side is 2, 4, 6

Front to back, driver side is 1, 3, 5.

I've got code P0204 injector circuit open cylinder 4, and P0304 cylinder 4 misfire detected.

We have an extended warranty so, took it in to dealer. They said a rodent ate some wiring. That is not covered.. They proposed to change spark plugs and tape up the harness for $800+.

They also said the water pump is leaking. That will be repaired under warranty.

I picked up a set of NGK 7751 laser iridium plugs and a Fel Pro upper intake gasket set so I can tackle the job myself.

·
Registered
327 Posts
other way around odd on passenger side
Taping up wiring is a bodge.... The defect should be identified and properly repaired. To me that means cutting wire at defect, sliding in heat shrink, soldering joint, covering with heat shrink

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info on cylinder numbers.

Im curious to see how the wiring looks. The dealer said it wasn't too bad. They felt replacement was not needed.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Replacement would be an entire new wiring harness. I like to ask dealers when they say that to me to show me. It always catches them off guard....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picked it up from the dealer today. Water pump was replaced under warranty. $100 deductible.

Diagnosis fee was $120

Total bill with tax was $234.

Brought it home. Did some investigation. Found one of the wires for injector #4 was chewed in half, the other wire missing a bit of insulation but all the copper was there.

I opened up the harness and cut that plug off a few inches back. Crimped and soldered, covered with heat shrink.

Replaced the spark plugs on 2,4, and 6. Managed to break a plastic retaining clip off of one of the breather hoses that clip onto the intake.

Pulled manifold. A bit if a PIA but not horrible. Replaced spark plugs on 1,3, and 5.

New, Fel Pro intake gaskets. Put it all back together minus the breather hose and intake tube. Hoping to find a replacement clip in the AM.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
111 Posts
Now put some traps out for those freaking rats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our dogs, and cat work like a sniper team to kill any living thing they see around our house. Lots of dead chipmunks, and a couple squirrels every year.

The durango intake had a bunch of pine cone parts covering it. Not as bad as my shed though. I shoveled out a full wheelbarrow load of shredded pine cones last week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found some new clips for the hose at advance auto this AM. Got it all put back together and did a test drive.

All good! Guess I gotta drive it awhile for the permanent DTC's to clear. P0304, and P0204 are still showing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts