Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 2015 RT in March and out of curiosity I decided to stick my head underneath the vehicle (I know what took so long?) this May.

I noticed a bit of rust on the suspension. Not sure if this is normal, so I took a peak at my 2001 BMW and there is less rust.

Should I be concerned?

It is not terrible but for only being two months old I am a bit shocked

Is the normal?

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Can you share a couple pics? Where are you seeing the most rust?

·
Registered
431 Posts
My new 2014 (bought in March, delivered to the dealer in July the year prior) had rust on the axles and some various bolts.
I've seen some threads about this issue on other forums and found that the general consensus is: it's normal. While the imports do offer better underbody protection, the fact that one sees rust (at certain spots, of course) does not automatically mean the car is going to fall apart any moment. Some claim that "surface rust" actually acts as a protection itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks...It seems logical. Just did not expect to see that after two months. I have been keeping it in the garage also. only 1700 miles so far. Now that summer is here, Ill get a few road trips in to really get to enjoy this beast.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I added some pics...sorry spaced that last night. Love the silver metallic! its like two colors. Grey when cloudy and the metallic flake pops when the sun hits it.

·
Super Moderator
13,065 Posts
That all looks normal..

What I've found very helpful in keeping that stuff in check is a touchless carwash that has a good powerful underbody spray.. I don't know where you are, but here in the salt belt that makes a huge difference..

·
Premium Member
28,308 Posts
Use a Good Rust Inhibitor Spray and give them a good Spray and wipe off excess. You may have to redo it sometimes but its just surface rust and Harmless
STEVE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.