Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forum. I was prompted to join in the process of trying to diagnose a problem with the rear power windows on my 2015 Limited D. Neither rear window will go up or down either from the main switch in the drivers door nor from the window switches in the rear doors. When the window switch is pressed, I can hear the relays buzzing inside the rear door switches. Following Redline_R/T's post on 2014 wiring I was able to surmise what should be energized at the door switch. I've only got about 10v on the hot lead and neither the up or down wires get any voltage when the switch is activated. I tried replacing the main switch in the drivers door thinking it had to be in the lockout switch but no success. I've of course checked all the applicable fuses under the hood. Both front windows and the sunroof function fine. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
You need to start checking wires. If you have power at the fuse box, but not at the drivers door I'd start looking between the two. It's gonna take some time and probably gonna suck, but you gotta start somewhere

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same problem on my 2011 Citadel, tought it was the main window control on the driver's door, I tried a new one, same thing. All my fuses are ok. I haven't had the time to check wires yet. If I get to work on it, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to start checking wires. If you have power at the fuse box, but not at the drivers door I'd start looking between the two. It's gonna take some time and probably gonna suck, but you gotta start somewhere
Thanks. I actually do have power at the driver's door. And I have partial power at the rear doors. It's enough to make the relay in the rear door switches buzz like crazy but will not actuate the window regulator. If I had no voltage, I agree - start tracing wires. If I had full 12v, then the window regulators are likely the culprit. But I've got around 8-10v. Is there some door module for the rear doors? There's one for each of the front doors, from my understanding. Nothing is a simple switch anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts