Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed the trinity and PCM from Diablo. No issues at all. Took 10 minutes total. In fact it took longer to install software on MacBook and update Trinity then it did tho swap PCMs. This is super straight forward.

I am running the Diablo perf93 tune. Seems peppy compared to stock. Somewhat disappointed as I got to drive it for 10 minutes to the store and back and it just didn't give enough gain to say "omg".

Maybe Sean's tune from hemifever will be better? I don't know but I am waiting for him to email it to me.

Anyone have thoughts? I put a tank of 93 in last night so it's straight 93 gas in there.

Reactions: monoxgt2

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
So I installed the trinity and PCM from Diablo. No issues at all. Took 10 minutes total. In fact it took longer to install software on MacBook and update Trinity then it did tho swap PCMs. This is super straight forward.

I am running the Diablo perf93 tune. Seems peppy compared to stock. Somewhat disappointed as I got to drive it for 10 minutes to the store and back and it just didn't give enough gain to say "omg".

Maybe Sean's tune from hemifever will be better? I don't know but I am waiting for him to email it to me.

Anyone have thoughts? I put a tank of 93 in last night so it's straight 93 gas in there.
Hey you did it! Keep that other PCM safe haha

Sean's tune will be definitely better. I've read that quite a few people have said that the "canned" tunes from Diablo are just okay, Sean's will really wake up the HEMI especially if you have any other mods.

Also use high quality (top tier or equivalent) gas... One particular gas station around where I live, always 20 cents cheaper than all others, seems to have a problem every winter when it get to be 5 degrees or so their pumps seem will freeze up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey you did it! Keep that other PCM safe haha

Sean's tune will be definitely better. I've read that quite a few people have said that the "canned" tunes from Diablo are just okay, Sean's will really wake up the HEMI especially if you have any other mods.

Also use high quality (top tier or equivalent) gas... One particular gas station around where I live, always 20 cents cheaper than all others, seems to have a problem every winter when it get to be 5 degrees or so their pumps seem will freeze up.

Ok good to hear. The canned Diablo tune for my mustang was actually quite good but not the same with the Durango. I have my PCM in the storage compartment by the subwoofer. Will the bass mess up he PCM?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Ok good to hear. The canned Diablo tune for my mustang was actually quite good but not the same with the Durango. I have my PCM in the storage compartment by the subwoofer. Will the bass mess up he PCM?
That weak ass sub? Not likely, it is designed to deal with vibrations and the heat that the interior of the car will hit. I'd probably wrap it in a cloth or something so it can't get bounced around in there though.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That weak ass sub? Not likely, it is designed to deal with vibrations and the heat that the interior of the car will hit. I'd probably wrap it in a cloth or something so it can't get bounced around in there though.

Awesome I put it in a padded ups envelope and its now safe. I read that the 180 thermostat was a good mod. What is the real benefit? I can't imagine it's useful without a tuner due to no control on the fans.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Oem runs at 203F to keep emissions down, 180F will prevent the computer from retarding the timing. And you're correct, without the tune you'd probably get a check engine light for not ever reaching operating temp, though my 2011 never threw one with a stuck open thermostat.

·
Registered
274 Posts
What other mods do you have? What you described is pretty much what tunes are...very noticeable but not earth shattering. On a stock motor, usually the biggest benefit is cleaning up the trans performance, and better throttle response. Or if you do have any mods a tune is important to get the most out of them and make sure it's running correctly.

Also, I wouldn't touch the t-stat unless you get into serious mods like a supercharger or cam...there really isnt any benefit, and might actually hurt performance and mpg.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Where in nj are you? We can get a hwy pull and see what's the difference between a one with exhaust n intake and yours with tune n intake

Reactions: BillyNYC

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm on the fence when they release for the 2016 tune. I had the trinity in my 2011 SRT and didn't really notice any gains when I sold that I put it in my girlfriends 2013 300s and it made it perform worse I ended up taking it out... Just not sure if 599 is worth the risk of no gain might just sell the trinity and call it a day.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where in nj are you? We can get a hwy pull and see what's the difference between a one with exhaust n intake and yours with tune n intake
Pm'd you.

I'm going into the dealer on Wednesday to check my brakes as they are just replaced under warranty and I feel a slight grind in the pedal and making road noise when impress the pedal. Should I swap my OEM PCM back in?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would love to meet up and hear the exhaust before I pull the trigger on one. We can run out Durangos too.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sean's 93 tune will wake the hemi up. I love mine!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just installed means tune. Feels to me to be about the same as the diablo which wasn't much better than stock. Also with seans tune the transmission is shifting slower. It seemed OEM tune the trans was fast as hell and snapped into gear. With the hemifever 93 tune its just delayed shifting and slower. I am not sure what is going on but its not working for me at this point. Not sure if the 96 degrees has a factor in this.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Just installed means tune. Feels to me to be about the same as the diablo which wasn't much better than stock. Also with seans tune the transmission is shifting slower. It seemed OEM tune the trans was fast as hell and snapped into gear. With the hemifever 93 tune its just delayed shifting and slower. I am not sure what is going on but its not working for me at this point. Not sure if the 96 degrees has a factor in this.
Heat soak perhaps?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heat soak perhaps?

I was thinking the same just not sure why the trans shifts slower with hemifever tune.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Cough, Parkway last rest stop before NY cough cough!! Not that we used to close down two lanes and drag race there in the mid '90's or anything!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cough, Parkway last rest stop before NY cough cough!! Not that we used to close down two lanes and drag race there in the mid '90's or anything!
LOL. On a side note if anyone has a corsa exhaust I would love to meet up to hear it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Last 93 gas you filled up with? Which brand?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Last 93 gas you filled up with? Which brand?

Exxon 93 octane, switched from 89 to 93 3 days ago had 1/8 tank left and filled it to just under half with 93.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts