Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a little about audio but really not enough to scratch the surface. I have just bought a single speaker for the center dash from a forum member. The speaker is an Infinity REF-3032CFX. I drove the Durango this morning and I now hear a damn piece of something rolling around the door. Needless to say I'm going to rip the panel off and figure out what's rolling around. Music is my wife's thing so now as long as I'm going to open the front doors up I might as well toss in some better speakers. Am I going to be doing myself a disservice by throwing in some Infinity Reference 6x9 2 ways in there and possibly doing the tweeters as well? The 6x9's will be the REF-9632IX and I'm unsure of the tweeters yet. I do not plan to upgrade the amp at this point although I know Rockford makes some sort of upgraded factory option. THoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
The tweeters can end up being a pain as the size of the opening will hinder you if you don't want to cut anything or go custom. The reference should be fine, but you will likely notice a little less sound coming from the center channel and possibly much more coming from the doors as they are 3ohm versus 2 and 4ohm. The biggest overall issue is the tuning on the stock amp, even with playing around with the 3 band 'EQ' in the UConnect results may not be great. When I replaced my doors with some JL 6x9s I had to drop the treble to the floor as they were so much louder. The sound stage of the vehicle can get wonky when just changing speakers, but have fun, play around, and good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts