Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 Durango will not start. I do not think its the key fob because the lock button, unlock button, and panic button are all working. I have tried starting it by pressing the start button with the key fob but to no avail. I have checked a couple of fuses as suggested on Youtube, but none of them are bad from what I can tell.
For awhile now I have been getting the "Key Fob Not Detected'' message after starting my truck up. Then a beeping noise will follow until I start driving. I also get the message and beeping if a door opens while the truck is running. Today was the first time it absolutely did not start.

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys!

·
Premium Member
5,299 Posts
What engine? X 2 on having the battery load tested. If it's original, and almost 7 years old, I'd replace it just because.

Don

Reactions: Moose135

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,839 Posts
If you don't have any sound from the starter you could have a bad key module. Otherwise maybe a bad starter but the key fob messages of late kind of lead toward the key module.

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT, 2017 Chrysler 300S 5.7
347 Posts
If your dash is lighting up when you press the start button with the FOB in the car, then the FOB is fine and being recognized by the car....IF not, try pressing the start button with the FOB itself instead of your finger...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you don't have any sound from the starter you could have a bad key module. Otherwise maybe a bad starter but the key fob messages of late kind of lead toward the key module.
There is no sound coming from the starter. I will look into the key module. My local dealership said it will be 2-3 weeks before they're able to take a look at it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If your dash is lighting up when you press the start button with the FOB in the car, then the FOB is fine and being recognized by the car....IF not, try pressing the start button with the FOB itself instead of your finger...
The dash lights up. I only get the "key fob not detected" message or "press brakes message....

·
Registered
2021 Durango SRT, 2017 Chrysler 300S 5.7
347 Posts
The dash lights up. I only get the "key fob not detected" message or "press brakes message....
Sorry, I should have phrased that better. So your instruments and other accessory items, like the radio are not coming on? Did you try pressing the start button with the FOB?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry, I should have phrased that better. So your instruments and other accessory items, like the radio are not coming on? Did you try pressing the start button with the FOB?
The radio and other accessories are not coming on. The push start button blinks when I push it but doesn’t go to “acc”. I’ve tried pushing it with the key fob itself but nothing happens. I’ve tried with the battery in and out of the key fob.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had the same problem with my '18. Could lock and unlock doors, but frequently got the fob not detected error while driving. Turned out to be the battery in the fob itself.

Replaced it with a cheap Amazon generic battery thinking I was smart... solved my problem for a week. Picked up an Energizer and haven't had a problem in 6 months.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts