Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 2015 Durango SXT and I'm trying to install an aftermarket Homelink garage door opener. I'd like to install it in the existing overhead console, but I'm having some trouble trying to figure out how to pull the console down. I can't see any screws inside the sunglass compartment. Any help on this project would be great!

Thanks!

·
Administrator
28,307 Posts
I believe it just pulls down
Its held on by Clips
STEVE

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes it just pulls down but it is very tight.

I actually tried swapping out my console from my 2014 SXT with another Durango console that has the homelink built in. It did not work as planned. The homelink did not light up like it is supposed to when being programmed. Does anyone know if this is a plug n play upgrade or is there more to it? Am I missing any electrical components such as a module? Thankz for any possible insight.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes it just pulls down but it is very tight.

I actually tried swapping out my console from my 2014 SXT with another Durango console that has the homelink built in. It did not work as planned. The homelink did not light up like it is supposed to when being programmed. Does anyone know if this is a plug n play upgrade or is there more to it? Am I missing any electrical components such as a module? Thankz for any possible insight.
Did you ever figure it out? I just picked up a console to do the same. I did the swap in my Ram and it was plug and play

Did you

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just in case anyone else runs into this issue...

I did some research and found out the gray wire is the one that feeds power to the Homelink module. I cut that wire back about an inch from the plug, added a wire tap and short piece of wire attached to the yellow wire the furthest from the gray because it has switched power. Connected the short piece of wire to the gray wire going into the plug. Programmed the homelink buttons and it works great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just in case anyone else runs into this issue...

I did some research and found out the gray wire is the one that feeds power to the Homelink module. I cut that wire back about an inch from the plug, added a wire tap and short piece of wire attached to the yellow wire the furthest from the gray because it has switched power. Connected the short piece of wire to the gray wire going into the plug. Programmed the homelink buttons and it works great.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts