Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today's the day. It's official. My white 2015 DD R/T order is now in the system and promised to be off the assembly line 6 weeks from today (8 weeks to the NJ dealer's location for me to pick up).

A couple things to note. I ordered white with the blacktop package. I was disappointed to learn that you can not order the blacktop package together with the Black/Chrome Appearance Group by Mopar. That is pretty stupid in my view because the blacktop should fit perfectly with the mopar black tubular side step. But some guy in Auburn Hills either didn't think that through or thinks otherwise. Anyway, my first move will be to add a mopar or aftermarket black side step. Please send links or suggestions for what looks best.

My only other gripe is that the interior selections are pretty much like a Soviet election. You can choose either black with the nasty red piping and red R/T badging. Or, you can choose black with nasty red piping and the red R/T badging. Any questions? Black with red or black with red? Reminds me of that famous Henry Ford quote.....you can have your Model T in any color you want as long as you want black. Anyway, as much as I hate the cheesy red stitching and as much as I hate the idea of having exactly zero other choices, I decided to suck it up and put my 2015 order at the front of the line.

I went for every other option except for the CD player (haven't bought a CD IN 8 years...Sirius, iTunes, Pandora....do people really still buy CDs?). And I skipped the rear seat DVD since I haven't bought a DVD in 5 years and I'd rather get my three kids new tablets chock full of each one's favorite movies than watch them fight about which blu ray to buy that they would all agree on. In fact, I don't think kids even know what a DVD or Blu-ray Disc is any more, do they? Those two options will not stand the test of time in my humble opinion and the rear seat entertainment is mis priced versus even the highest end tablets, etc.

But we've got the adaptive cruise which I have on my 2011 JGC and love as well as the rest of the tech package. We've got the trailer, the sunroof, the NAV, the premium Nappa leather (with the unavoidable red stitching/badging), the captains chairs (without the storage console that obstructs the passage to the third row).

BTW, the Beats sound system is not available yet. As others have noted it will be available in calendar year 2015. I have heard that it is nice but definitely not worth waiting for. And, the red interior is not yet available. I am anti-red so no skin of my proverbial back.....

There you go. My long-awaited order is in the system.

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats and here's hoping that the time flies by without any hiccups.

I've got an order in for a 2015 R/T as well. I didn't receive any confirmation from my dealer that the order was placed in the system today, so I'll have to check in tomorrow. Are you aware of any change in the pricing from 2014 to 2015?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Base MSRP is about $500 higher. I didn't scrutinize the pricing for each option but will post the details when I get the confirmation email. I got the Chrysler Affiliates Rewards pricing through my employer so I should also be able to post the invoice prices for the options. The affiliate rewards is a fixed price of 1% below invoice which is around 5% below MSRP. So, not a huge discount compared to what you might get a dealer to do on stale 2014 inventory but pretty good for a new factory order I guess. You also get whatever incentives are offered at the time you pick up the vehicle. Curious what others are able to do on 2015 factory order pricing.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
I negotiated 7% off whatever the new MSRP is plus any applicable rebates. Could have done better on a 2014, but my wife really wanted the tech package, which we couldn't find nearby. Frankly, I wouldn't be sad if my delivery date drifted into Dec. as I think even the 2015 models will have some end of calendar year incentives.

·
Premium Member
28,308 Posts
Congrats where are you in NJ ?
What Dealership did you use
STEVE

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Text Document Font Paper Paper product

So that there is a Priced Order Confirmation for a 2015 DD care of my friend Bill Daly at Nielsen Dodge in East Hanover, NJ....

·
Premium Member
28,308 Posts
Nice order The color is the best choice :cool:

·
Registered
259 Posts
So today's the day. It's official. My white 2015 DD R/T order is now in the system and promised to be off the assembly line 6 weeks from today (8 weeks to the NJ dealer's location for me to pick up).

A couple things to note. I ordered white with the blacktop package. I was disappointed to learn that you can not order the blacktop package together with the Black/Chrome Appearance Group by Mopar. That is pretty stupid in my view because the blacktop should fit perfectly with the mopar black tubular side step. But some guy in Auburn Hills either didn't think that through or thinks otherwise. Anyway, my first move will be to add a mopar or aftermarket black side step. Please send links or suggestions for what looks best.

My only other gripe is that the interior selections are pretty much like a Soviet election. You can choose either black with the nasty red piping and red R/T badging. Or, you can choose black with nasty red piping and the red R/T badging. Any questions? Black with red or black with red? Reminds me of that famous Henry Ford quote.....you can have your Model T in any color you want as long as you want black. Anyway, as much as I hate the cheesy red stitching and as much as I hate the idea of having exactly zero other choices, I decided to suck it up and put my 2015 order at the front of the line.

I went for every other option except for the CD player (haven't bought a CD IN 8 years...Sirius, iTunes, Pandora....do people really still buy CDs?). And I skipped the rear seat DVD since I haven't bought a DVD in 5 years and I'd rather get my three kids new tablets chock full of each one's favorite movies than watch them fight about which blu ray to buy that they would all agree on. In fact, I don't think kids even know what a DVD or Blu-ray Disc is any more, do they? Those two options will not stand the test of time in my humble opinion and the rear seat entertainment is mis priced versus even the highest end tablets, etc.

But we've got the adaptive cruise which I have on my 2011 JGC and love as well as the rest of the tech package. We've got the trailer, the sunroof, the NAV, the premium Nappa leather (with the unavoidable red stitching/badging), the captains chairs (without the storage console that obstructs the passage to the third row).

BTW, the Beats sound system is not available yet. As others have noted it will be available in calendar year 2015. I have heard that it is nice but definitely not worth waiting for. And, the red interior is not yet available. I am anti-red so no skin of my proverbial back.....

There you go. My long-awaited order is in the system.

Wish me luck!
I totally agree on the interior. While it looks cool at first, I can see the red stitching and R\T lettering getting old. I hate all badging. I always de-badge my vehicles. I was checking out a Limited that had the black and tan interior and I liked it alot! The R\T interior was nearly a deal killer for me but I guess Ill have to get used to it! I was trying to configure a 2015 Limited with the Blacktop package but it looks like you cant get one with the Hemi which is so LAME! The other thing they should have done with the blacktop package is gotten rid of the chrome trim in the interior! I hate chrome too! Oh well I can black-out the trim or surely someone makes a kit?

·
Registered
12 Posts
When will the 2015's show up on Dodge's site? I'm waiting for to see all the available options before ordering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I totally agree on the interior. While it looks cool at first, I can see the red stitching and R\T lettering getting old. I hate all badging. I always de-badge my vehicles. I was checking out a Limited that had the black and tan interior and I liked it alot! The R\T interior was nearly a deal killer for me but I guess Ill have to get used to it! I was trying to configure a 2015 Limited with the Blacktop package but it looks like you cant get one with the Hemi which is so LAME! The other thing they should have done with the blacktop package is gotten rid of the chrome trim in the interior! I hate chrome too! Oh well I can black-out the trim or surely someone makes a kit?
Neither my wife nor I are big on the red stitching and R/T badging on the bucket seats. We would have liked plain black leather instead. It actually caused us to leave the dealer without placing an order, but the more we thought about it and compared it to the competition, that R/T package was just too good to pass up, so we'll live with it. Katzkin is always an option also.

When will the 2015's show up on Dodge's site? I'm waiting for to see all the available options before ordering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My guess is Dodge is trying to clean out their 2014 inventory a bit before marketing the 2015 model. From what my dealer told me, there are no material changes to the 2015 model yet (other than the base price increasing $500). They were not sure when the changes mentioned elsewhere (upgraded sound system and interior leather option) would take place.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey thanks TLud for mentioning Katzkin. I hadn't thought about changing-out the leather seating. Does anyone have any experience with doing that? Does it look after-market as in flea-market or does it look better-than-factory? If the red stitching is still in the door panels and center console, wouldn't you have a kind of mis-match between Katzkin seats and Dodge Durango R/T door panels, center console, etc? Can you re-install the factory seating when you trade the vehicle in in the future? How much does a top-flight Katzkin seating package cost for a Durango? If you go that route are you supposed to skip the extra cost of the upgrade to Premium Nappa Leather group? Otherwise I'm just going to try to talk myself into the wonders of red stitching and badging for the next 6 to 8 weeks before my rig arrives. Red is good. Red is good. You've got to believe. Red is good. Argh!! Oh, and I'm still looking for a black side-step. Preferably a Mopar tubular one but open to ideas on that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey thanks TLud for mentioning Katzkin. I hadn't thought about changing-out the leather seating. Does anyone have any experience with doing that? Does it look after-market as in flea-market or does it look better-than-factory? If the red stitching is still in the door panels and center console, wouldn't you have a kind of mis-match between Katzkin seats and Dodge Durango R/T door panels, center console, etc? Can you re-install the factory seating when you trade the vehicle in in the future? How much does a top-flight Katzkin seating package cost for a Durango? If you go that route are you supposed to skip the extra cost of the upgrade to Premium Nappa Leather group? Otherwise I'm just going to try to talk myself into the wonders of red stitching and badging for the next 6 to 8 weeks before my rig arrives. Red is good. Red is good. You've got to believe. Red is good. Argh!! Oh, and I'm still looking for a black side-step. Preferably a Mopar tubular one but open to ideas on that.
Katzkin makes a quality product, including factory leather for several manufacturers. In fact, I've seen some speculation that they make the premium leather for the Durango. They did the aftermarket leather in a truck I had awhile back, and it was top notch. Katzkin has a number of options for the Durango, and cost will depend on which, if any, customization extras you go with. I'd guess that the cost with installation would probably run you about $2,000 give or take a few hundred, but they could give you a better idea with a quick call. I'd probably go with a very simple option. I know that Katzkin makes the material for the armrests and door panels, and I'd be very surprised if they didn't offer that for the Durango. I'd still go with the Premium Nappa Leather group because it includes other desirable features, like power-adjusted and ventilated seats, etc. Speaking of which, you'd want to make sure that any aftermarket leather seating you might select is compatible with the ventilated seats.

Personally, we're going to try to get used to the stock leather seats (red gives a nice contrast to the all-black interior, yeah, that's the ticket), but my wife and I may cave later and go with something from Katzkin. If you want to roll the cost into your financing, obviously that's something you'd want to decide on up front.

I like the Dee Zee molded black step bar the best of those that I've seen, and I'll probably pre-order it and have the dealer install it if they agree to do it for an hour or less of labor (otherwise, I'll just do it myself). I like it even better than the Mopar tubular bar. It's the Dee Zee NXc (model no. DZ16201 for the steps and DZ16241 for the bracket kit). I'm not a fan of tubular step bars from a functional standpoint.

·
Registered
184 Posts
We are pulling the trigger this week on a '15 R/T. We spent the last 4 days going from dealership to dealership driving everything. We were able to negotiate $1K under invoice so far. We too aren't thrilled with the interior options and have yet to see what the new Nappa looks like. Does anyone know? The new front lighting was one one of the reasons we opted for a new '15 over a better deal on a leftover '14.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Congrats on the truck. I'm awaiting delivery of my DD R/T white blacktop package also, but mines a '14... baaah should have waited for a '15. Truck should be in this weekend...regardless I'm excited to finally get it!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Congrats on the truck. I'm awaiting delivery of my DD R/T white blacktop package also, but mines a '14... baaah should have waited for a '15. Truck should be in this weekend...regardless I'm excited to finally get it!
I think you probably did well with the 2014. There is basically no difference other than a few a few options. You are able to get the incentives from Dodge; $1750 in my area, plus you are avoiding the price increase whatever that winds up being. We have decided to buy a '14 off the lot on Thursday. I gave the dealer a deposit over the phone to hold it. I am interested to see how much they would come off sticker for you. Can you advise?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts