Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced one of the exhaust manifolds and if so, what was your process for accessing all of the bolts?

I have found absolutely nothing online providing information on how to access the bolts for removal of the manifolds and to remove any broken bolts.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Has anyone replaced one of the exhaust manifolds and if so, what was your process for accessing all of the bolts?

I have found absolutely nothing online providing information on how to access the bolts for removal of the manifolds and to remove any broken bolts.
There are a ton of videos on YouTube on exhaust manifold replacement on 5.7 hemi. Adjust your search parameters.
Most of them are from Ram guys but same engine, same steps.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
Which engine do you have? Fairly common on the 5.7, not so much on the 3.6
Uh, I see my mistake. Yes, I've not heard of 3.6 having any issues with exhaust manifold bolts which are a common issue on 5.7.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I would suggest jeep forums. Those guys run 3.6 and drive in the mid and other corrosive environment, so they may have more experience with this particular one.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts

Probably because the 3.6L doesn't have exhaust manifolds...they are cast into the head.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Probably because the 3.6L doesn't have exhaust manifolds...they are cast into the head.
Damn, totally forgot about that. One of my friends was an engineer on that project and he talked about it, how it was going to help with turbos on that engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My engine is the 5.7. I have not found any videos of anyone doing this on a 5.7 2011-18 Durango. I saw a photo of a guy that pulled off the wheel well on his 12 Durango, but only the front 2 manifold bolts were accessible. Wheel well and area available to work in on a Ram vs the Durango are completely different, so was hoping somoene else had done this on our generation Durangos to gather real world information from them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YES!!!!!!! Brother, thank you SO MUCH. This is exactly what I was hoping for in lieu of a video. Excellent. :)

·
Registered
2014 Durango RT, 392 Hemi, Eibach Coils, 22" Hellcat Reps, Corsa Exhaust
624 Posts

What's your mileage? If it's under 100k, power train warranty will cover it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts